The Once and Future Kings and Queens (Part 1 Aftermath) (Ships' Discussion)

Timoreev is sitting just close to Tanaka, holding a smoking cup of tea in his hand, and with a padd in front of him. He observes attentively the screen while Tanaka's speaking, then finally intervenes: "Wait a moment...when should such an event have happened?"
"According to our calculations, a few weeks ago. The spike in the overall temperature change in all planets in that system read consistently. And the large gas giant in the system has been showing signs of heavy storms and disrupted weather patterns, indicative of a moon just suddenly disappearing from orbit."

OOC: Tanaka is dialing in, so likely Andrej would be sitting beside the monitor.
Alyx frowns. "That does suggest a correlation between the event in KE-39-E and the Karro planetoid, but let's be sure. A comparison of planetary ages between the planetoid and the remaining worlds in KE-39-E might help confirm that that system is where the Karro planetoid came from." She looks over the scans of the gel packs and the planetary scans one more time. "These other results scare me, honestly. It really looks like the Karro were harvested to provide processor power to the AI, doesn't it?"
"Sure looks that way. If it were a full brain, I would assume self-preservation. But given that it's just specific portions of brain matter, that definitely suggests selection. And that means they were chosen to be stuffed into these gel packs. Or worse, forced."
"But....why? An emergency contingency plan of some sort? And what about the link with Earth? We still miss many pieces of this puzzle."
Zaliel returned from the wall replicator and set a tray of teacups, a variety of teas, sugar, milk, and a kettle of hot water down on the conference table for anyone to enjoy. "Are we sure we're the first Federation ship to visit here? Could it be that they know about Earth because a ship crashed in their system?" She asked while preparing a peppermint tea.
Alyx looks up. "Computer: have there been any known Starfleet missions to or near KE-39-E? Also list all starships of human origin or with human-dominated crews that went missing in KE-39-E's home sector in the last..." She paused, thinking. "...one hundred standard years."
<Computer> Searching......Database retrieved. One flight path discovered. Cargo freighter S.S. Montoya. Last known sighting, 1.2 light years away from KE-39-E. Suspected pirate attack resulting in loss of crew and cargo.
Zaliel snapped a finger, "Yes!" she exclaimed. "Now, if we can run a DNA comparison between the brain matter you found and the manifest of that ship--assuming we have that data, we may find a match." She drank from her teacup. "If anything, it may explain the Earth connection."
"I think for that we actually have to find both samples. Right now all we have is Karro brain matter, no humans yet. And We don't know if that ship even crashed on the planet moon. But I guess it's worth a shot. We could try to infiltrate and get that human tissue from that chamber. And also maybe snag a sentinel along the way."
"We may try scanning for the ship," she said. "Federation ships have transponders and specific hull materials that may not be found in abundance on this world."
"With respect, we've been examining this planet from orbit for a while. If there was a Federation ship down there, intact or in pieces, we'd have found it by now." Alyx paused, thinking. "Unless the Karro AI dismantled it."

"However, I think that the Montoya and whatever link it has to the Karro might be a secondary or tertiary concern. Top concern is that human life sign - we'll need to get them out of there. Second concern is to determine what reason the Karro want to travel to Earth beyond what they've said." She looked again at the gel pack. "I'm worried the AI might be looking to top up its brainpower."
"Agreed. So let's get cracking on getting that body out. Let's get to the nearest opening and breach from there?"
Timoreev has silently listened to his fellow captains during their discussion, holding the new cup of tea offered by Zaliel before finally intervening: "I concur with Alyx, our priority should be to the human life sign. And in theory I would also agree with the idea of breaching in, except that we need a feasible plan first. We should suppose that the Karro AI may have guessed our intentions, for example...what do we know about its sensor capabilities? May it have detected our scans?"
"It most likely did. Any suggestions as to how to get past the sentry modules? I don't like the idea of ripping up gel packs, considering the contents."
Takes a rather long drink from her teacup. "Lure it into a trap? Maybe with a hologram or some other false sensor data? Then, once it's in range, beam it up into a confinement field." She paused. "I'm not entirely sure what we'd do next--disable it? Would the planet realized we stole one of its drones and retaliate somehow?" She leans across the table slightly and refills her cup. "I recommend an abundance of caution here."
Alyx nodded. "Yes, grabbing a drone should probably be for our exit strategy, because by then, I expect the AI will likely be hostile. Of course, by then... the need to study a drone may be academic." She looked up at the ceiling, then stood and paced from one end of the room to the other. "False sensor data might help us slip past the sentry modules... however, we might consider walking in. The AI is expecting us to help it... maybe we should play along. That might get us past a few layers of their security."
"Ooh I like that. Somehow I think making it believe we would cooperate might even get us some valuable information."
Nods: "Last time it gave us free access to a command center. For sure it was something."
"Well then, let's go down there and say 'hello again'."