The Ruby Collective Recruitment Drive. ( Criminal/Political/Pirate RP)

The Ruby Collective Wants You!

I've been given permission to recruit players who might want to roll an alt (Or use a preexisting KDF character) and play bad guy on occasion!

((This is all OOC knowledge for your Argo characters, don't cheat and use it.))

The Premise

The Ruby Collective is a moderately sized association of pirates, illegal salvagers, smugglers, slave traders, narcotics dealers, black marketeers, information brokers and generally moraless folk. Their leader and founder is Lora Althori, the child of the notorious crime lord Dogron Althori (who is currently in a Federation prison). The Collective is not affiliated with any major power, or government body, and is not a part of the notorious Orion Syndicate, but rather a tight group of cutthroats and scoundrels, who seek profit and good times. While they are certainly black hats, they're smart enough not to ruin a good thing by actively provoking Starfleet, the KDF or the Republic Navy ((Or really good at not getting caught doing so.)) Where there is grey area, whether legally or between the borders of the Federation, Empire or Republic, you'll find the Collective.

Your character could be an established member or a new recruit ICly.

The Setting

Members of the Collective will ICly congregate on the Flagship RCS Tears of Daros when not off on their adventures. Tears of Daros is an Orion Marauder, but also the makeshift mobile base of the Collective, where other ships can dock, and crews can enjoy Orion Hospitality between their morally questionable outings.

OOCly this will be the Strike Force Kargas fleet map. And your alt would OOCly join SFK so that we'd have fleet chat and in game roster. This way we can RP on the SFK, contribute to its holdings and play baddie during Argo's downtimes, or whenever.

The Members

The Collective doesn't discriminate! You can play any canon species, or any non-canon species that would be accepted by Argo standards, as long as they are slimy double dealing criminal types. Of course Collective members wouldn't be subject to the same sort of morality constraints as a Starfleet or Republic officer would, as that is the point. That being said, there is a hierarchy and some rules of decorum, it isn't anarchy, we may be criminals, but we are still civilized people, no? We're here to make a profit, to adventure in the Outer Dark, to enjoy all the wonders and freedom of a life unrestrained from Federation Morality or the Klingon and Romulan concepts of honor.

The Story

It is my hope that we will create a story based on the actions of our group, and that perhaps that story will leak into the greater Argo story over time, as we set to pestering them. The leadership aren't going to be handing out specific adventures for your character for the most part, but it could happen on occasion.

This isn't meant to be a full time thing, just a creative outlet and alternative for players who want to feel out their darker side, once in awhile.

The Process

Joining is as easy as sending me an enjin mail with a copy of the application form below.

1. What is the full game name (name@handle) of the STO character for this alt?

2. Character's Full Name (And/or aliases)

3. Character's Criminal Specialty

4. Where in the Ruby Collective do you expect to see your character fitting in? (i.e. Flagship personnel, pirate captain, pirate ship crew member, slave labor, etc. Please use the dark part of your soul for more ideas, if you're unsure.)

5. What's your character's background (including species, notable events, etc) in a nutshell?

6. Anything else you want us to know?

Once I have the Application, and all question/concerns are addressed, I will invite your character in-game to SFK OOCly, for base (Flagship) access. Once that happens please fill out the in-game roster info with your character details, and a note about being part of the Collective.

Thanks for reading!
8 Likes
Fiera has some ideas, if interested.
Oooo, this sounds fun and just the sort of thing one of my characters would be at the very least aware of. It will probably be better for me to make a new character however I do have some foundry sets either completed or in progress that might interest you!
1 Like
*Ponders.*

I might have a character. Where do you want the applications for this?
1 Like
Please send Apps to my enjin mail, and thank you for the interest.
I want to thank Aev for putting in his App and joining our ranks. And I encourage the rest of you to do the same, as the RP has already started its nascent stages.
2 Likes
On that note, with Xmas coming and visiting people, mine might be delayed.
That's perfectly fine, we're in no real rush. The RP is sporadic, and loose.
1 Like
mhWNdfv.png

Kermit was kind enough to create this header logo for us to use in any messages we might make ICly to outside parties, it's our legitimate business logo... >.>
5 Likes
"legitimate"
;)
6 Likes