TO: Ambassador Perim / SUBJ: First Contact Report

To: Ambassador Perim (@kermit )
CC: Embassy Staff
Subj: First Contact Report

Good Day Ambassador,

I hope this message finds you well.
On Stardate 100131.4, I accompanied the USS Minerva on a patrol in search for unknown vessels that entered our area and disappeared. After a received distress call and a brief engagement with Nausicaan pirates, we found one of the vessels and proceeded with first contact, headed by Captain Coby Morton at the behest of Captain Isadora Lyn.

While I can go at many lengths on how their telepathic communication work and the chain of events, it will take up a lot of time so I have attached the AAR for your viewing pleasure and will summarize what was learned.

Summary:
Their world was attacked by presumed unknown assailants, the first contact team did not ask and it slipped my mind as I was fascinated by both the new species and their unique form of communication, and they ventured forth to pursue these assailants before being attacked by pirates and saved by the Minerva. They are grateful for the assistance and shown a great curiosity about us and… milkshakes, I will elaborate further in person. They requested our help to improve their world’s defenses, specifically transporter inhibitors and planetary shielding technology. As a gesture of good faith from both sides, the location of their home world and the location of Deep Space Thirteen was exchanged between both parties.

Analysis:
These species are clearly warp capable, with a decently high speed. Their technology itself appears to be dated by Federation standards, though I suspect their propulsion and shielding technology are their strengths. While lacking conventional communication arrays, I suspect that they might have a telepathic amplifier as their version of a communication array, this is speculation for if they do not, they are extremely powerful telepaths. This is all purely based on observation, I do not recall there being any detailed scans of their vessel, though we did receive technical specifications for their transporter inhibitors and planetary shielding.

I feel, if they chose to accept, that they would eventually be great members of the United Federation of Planets. There is a lot of scientific and cultural potential waiting to be learned.

I apologize for the way this report goes back and forth, if I seemed to have missed anything important or if you have any further questions, I will await your call.

//SIGNED//
Commander Na’Toth Salene
Diplomatic Attaché

//ATTACHMENT// FirstContactAAR.superspacefile

4 Likes