Stardate 96544.2
Security Level 2 - Confidential

TO CAPT B. Ailes
CC <38th/Command>
FROM CAPT A. Derenzis
SUBJ Potential Threat to Ship Personnel
fioOIzQ.png

Dear Captain Ailes,

I regret to inform you that a threat has been levied against the crew of my ship. I am attaching the relevant audio message to this communication.

I have already spoken with my security department, and we are taking steps to safeguard the crew of the Shackleton against this threat. However, given our proximity to the starbase in the timeframe given, and the threat against other individuals not directly attached to this ship, I am contacting you in hopes that Starbase Security and Intelligence may be able to assess the threat, as well as guard against other avenues of attack that we cannot.

You may consider our crew at your disposal.

//SIGNED//
CAPT Alyx J. Derenzis,
Commanding Officer / U.S.S. Shackleton
//ATTACHMENT// audiomessage96541.0.log

The message is a purely synthesized voice:
"Captain Derenzis, in seven days your cousin Kraig Ardais will testify in court against Lyle Peter Wallace. He must be discredited.

"You will issue a public statement that he was forced to lie by Starfleet in a plot to destroy Lyle Peter Wallace. You will claim complicity in this plot and accept whatever punishment Starfleet will inflict on you.

"If you refuse or disobey, your crew, family, and fiancee will suffer and die."
2 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 96544.2

TO CAPT A. Derenzis
CC <38th/Command>, <DS13/Security>, <DS13/Intelligence>
FROM CMDR M. Austin
SUBJ RE: Potential Threat to Ship Personnel
4OB3P0J.png

Captain Derenzis,
Deep Space 13 places the highest priority in the safety of our personnel and the starships we facilitate. I am copying the relevant departments and directing Commander Nim to increase patrols, scans, and post additional guards outside your ship's access point. I'm also directing our Intelligence department to conduct a Level 1 review of all persons who have arrived at the station over the last two weeks, continuing onward for an additional two weeks or until which time this threat has been resolved.

It is my recommendation you conduct a similar review of personnel who have been recently assigned to your starship and limit access to essential operations only.

//SIGNED//
Commander Maxwell Steele Austin
Executive Officer, Deep Space 13
1 Like
BH1Pd8X.png

TO CAPT Derenzis, A.
CC <38th/Command>
FROM LT Valore, S.
SUBJ Security Concerns
AKas0II.png

Captain Derenzis,

Your message has been received by Fleet Command. Given the significant possibility of an act of terrorism during the wedding, there is a heightened concern. It would be host to Starfleet officers - including flag officers - civilians, and potentially JSI. What would you opine to be the best course of action?

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant S. Valore
Administrative Yeoman
Office of Rear Admiral Konieczko
1 Like
Quote:
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CAPT. Ailes, B.
CC CMDR. Austin, M.
FROM CMDR. Levesley, W.
XxcJsy5.png

Sirs,

I am directing the majority of department resources towards this situation given the short time frame we are operating in.
The level 1 review of all persons will cause some delays with civilian traffic, I will co-ordinate with base security and Ops Departments in regards to that.

//Signed//
Commander William Levesley
Chief Intelligence Officer
DS13

Quote:
BH1Pd8X.png

TO <DS13/Security>, <DS13/Operations>
CC
FROM CMDR. Levesley, W.
XxcJsy5.png

The Intelligence department has been directed to conduct a Level 1 review of all persons who have arrived to the station in the past two weeks as well as conducting continued checks of new arrivals.

To that end please can I request that Operations notifies all shipping of expected delays to arrivals to the station. Enhanced checks will be conducted on passenger and crew manifests in advance as well as upon personnel upon arrival.

Please can I request that Security increases its presence, especially at civilian arrivals. In order to keep things under control, as there may be increased tension due to the delays.

//Signed//
DS13

Quote:
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 2 - Confidentialn

TO CAPT A. Derenzis
CC
FROM CMDR. Levesley, W.
XxcJsy5.png

Captain,

I would like to dispatch two officers to the USS Shackleton immediately so that they can conduct a direct analysis of the signal revived by your communications array. This will enable my department to begin enhanced analysis as well as back tracing of the communication.

//Signed//
DS13
1 Like
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 96544.9

TO CMDR W. Levesley
CC CAPT Z. Sel
FROM CAPT A. Derenzis
SUBJ Re: Potential Threat to Ship Personnel
fioOIzQ.png

Dear Commander Levesley,

Permission granted. My Chief of Security, Lieutenant Boafo, will meet them on their arrival. You may draw any resources from the Shackleton's crew or equipment as you see fit.

I should also inform you that a second threat was received just today by Captain Zaliel Sal of the U.S.S. Brahe; she contacted me a short time ago about the message. You might want to detail people to her ship as well; the Brahe should still be in dock for the near future. I will be looping her into these communications so we can better coordinate the investigation.

//SIGNED//
CAPT Alyx J. Derenzis,
BH1Pd8X.png

TO CMDR W. Levesley
CC CMDR A. Cotte; CAPT A. Derenzis
FROM CAPT Z. Sel

Commander Levesley,
Congratulations on your recent appointment. I don't think anyone expected you to get to work so quickly. Below are the details regarding the communication we received. You also need to get a detail appointed to Lieutenant Valore immediately, as she is involved in this matter.

Best Regards,
Captain Zaliel Sel
Commanding Officer, USS Brahe
//ATTACHMENT// brahe_audio_log.log:

The message is a purely synthesized voice:
"In six days Kraig Ardais will testify in court against Lyle Peter Wallace. He must be discredited. As you were one of the two Starfleet officers responsible for his escape, you will issue a public statement. You will confess to coercing Kraig Ardais to lie and provide false evidence as part of a plot by Starfleet to destroy Lyle Peter Wallace. You will name Captain Alyx Derenzis as your co-conspirator. You will accept any punishment Starfleet will incur on you for making this statement. If you refuse or disobey, the crew of the USS Shackleton, the family of Alyx Derenzis, and the Vulcan T'Shair will suffer and die."
BH1Pd8X.png

TO CAPT Z. Sel
CC CMDR A. Cotte; CAPT A. Derenzis
FROM CMDR. Levesley, W.
XxcJsy5.png

Two members of Alpha team are heading over to the USS Brahe to analyse the message directly from your communications array.
I will also inform Station security to place a protection detail on Lt Valore as well as the civilian T'Shair as she has been named directly in the threat.

//Signed//
DS13

OOC Note: It should be assumed this message was sent in reply soon after receiving the messages from Capt Sel and Derenzis. The character probably hasn't slept much, sadly the player was :d
1 Like
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 96546.7

TO LT S. Valore
CC <38th/Command>, CAPT Z. Sel
FROM CAPT A. Derenzis
fioOIzQ.png

Dear Lieutenant Valore,

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. As you can imagine, it's been a busy 48 hours.

Right now so much has moved forward on the wedding plans I am of the opinion we should go ahead. My chief of security is also of the opinion that if an attack was to occur, having everyone under the same protection might be better for defense rather than attempting to protect the people targetted once they've scattered to other systems. However, I am acutely aware of the potential threat to flag officers. If the Admiral feels he cannot be safe aboard the Shackleton, he can consider himself released from his duties as officiator. If need be, Captain Sel can fill in for him - she certainly has the authority to wed. Worst case scenario, we might have to say our own vows.

I'm surprised that members of the JSI are planning to attend. Normally I'd be pleased, but between this threat and the less-than-optimal impression Senator Havaid made on his arrival, it might be wise for command or flag level JSI members to simply send their well-wishes remotely. If they insist on showing up in person, please be certain they are briefed on the threat's nature and likely targets.

My personal feeling, given the rather specific nature of the people targetted, is that our unknown enemy isn't going to be gunning for flag officers or JSI members. But that is only my personal feeling. I will, of course, defer to Starfleet Intelligence if their assessment suggests otherwise.

//SIGNED//
CAPT Alyx J. Derenzis,
1 Like
BH1Pd8X.png

TO CMDR Levesley
CC CMDR Nim
FROM CMDR Sakkhet

We are standing by.

//SIGNED//
Commander Sakkhet
Chief of Operations/Deep Space 13
2 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png

TO CAPT. Derenzis, A.
CC <38th/Command>
FROM RADM Konieczko, D.
SUBJ RE: RE: Re: Potential Threat to Ship Personnel
AKas0II.png

Captain Derenzis,

I am at this point pressing you to cancel your planned recreational event and sort out the security of your vessel. It being compromised presents not only a risk to yourself, and your vessel but to the 38th fleet as a whole. The Shackleton is to be unmoored from Deep Space 13 and held in close orbit until such time that a full system and security scan is completed including the recollection of the Nanites that have been discovered aboard your vessel.

While I understand you have a personal desire for this event to proceed as planned today putting at risk multiple lives is inexcusable. Having been served this warning Command will observe proceedings.

//SIGNED//
Rear Admiral, Upper Half Dmitri Konieczko
Commanding Officer
38th Fleet 'Argo'
1 Like
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 96546.7

TO RADM D. Konieczko
CC <38th/Command>, CAPT Z. Sel
FROM CAPT A. Derenzis
fioOIzQ.png

Admiral,

Orders received and understood. The Shackleton is undocking now, and the event is hereby postponed. We already have Engineering teams scouring ship systems.

I will inform you of further developments as they progress.

//SIGNED//
CAPT Alyx J. Derenzis,
1 Like