TO: CAPT Bishop | SUBJ: Something to tell you

BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 94693.3

TO CAPT S. Bishop, U.S.S. Endeavour
FROM CAPT A. A. Timoreev, U.S.S. Attar
SUBJ Something to tell you
RiDPFqm.png

Sam,

How are you? I've heard the Endeavour had his fair share of action recently. I'm glad the new vessel is behaving as expected.
By the way, I'm writing about...well, something. Remember when we last met at Keelah's party? I mentioned you there was something on my mind. My duties didn't give me much time to discuss it at lenght as I wished these months, so I'm sending you this message.
When the Attar last visited Earth, two months ago more or less, I had a long conversation with my father. Among other things, he revealed to me that he had received a disturbing news: a very old....well, let's say acquaintance, of mine, has vanished. Yes, vanished. I mean, not literally. She suddenly departed Earth, without leaving any clue about her destination or her whereabouts. She left behind a brillian career in Earth's academic world. I don't know what to think, honestly. I used to know her very well, and the last thing I ever thought she would ever do, was to leave Earth for space like this.
But what concerns me the most, is that there's no clue about what she's doing right now. No trace of her passage, nothing. Troubling thoughts are coming to my mind, and I don't know how to face them.
Sorry for taking this long, but I had to tell this to someone. You will understand, I am sure.
By the way, send my regards to Keelah and T'Pia. I hope to meet all of you very soon.
Best regards

//signed//

Captain Andrej A. Timoreev,
Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Attar
Commanding Officer, Gemini Squadron, 38th Fleet
5 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 94695.3

TO CAPT A. A. Timoreev, USS Attar
CC ~~
FROM CAPT S. A. Bishop, USS Endeavour
SUBJ RE: Something to tell you
kJZBQTj.png

Timo,

My dear friend, no apology is necessary; both of us know that work does not always give us the time to meet each other, though I believe it is I who must apologise for not trying harder to contact you.

People disappearing without a trace is not uncommon, space being the vast abyss that it is. Without any evidence either way, it is best to imagine the best my dear friend; worrying will not do you any good. As for why... well space carries with it a strange alluring lustre that calls all to her. And people change. This might be a new adventure for her.

You did the right thing reaching out. You were there for me when I was at my weakest and it is the least I can do to be there for you when you need me. I will drop you a subspace call in the next day, as my current path to rendevous with the Lexington takes me far away from the Attar's patrol route.

Keelah and I will invite you for dinner soon; T'Pia always asks me when she'll next see her Uncle Timo!

All the best,

Regards,

//SIGNED//
Captain Dr Samuel Alexander Bishop
Commanding Officer - USS Endeavour
38th Fleet, Aries Squadron
4 Likes