TO: CAPT Morton | SUBJ: Forwarded Information

To: CAPT Morton (@LobsterEater)
CC: CAPT Tungsten (@DrakeTungsten), CAPT Nimitz (@Nimitz), CAPT R’Mai (@Thrawn215) CMDR Akaela (@Master_Dex), CMDR Nathes (@Garak234)
Subj: Forwarded Information

Captains, Commanders,

I have receiving the following information from the Seventh Fleets’ Intelligence section (somebody owed me a favor), in regards to the attack on the USS Augusta and USS Baltimore. Please see below:

The Augusta and Baltimore were in the process of undergoing crew exchanges for a routine science operation that both had planned to take part in. The Augusta, an Alita Class and the Baltimore, a Reliant Class were both not on alert at the time of attack.

Augusta first made sensor contact with a high gamma radiation reading spike off their port side, which was very shortly followed by a spatial opening at the same location. Immediately after two vessels, identified initially to be Borg spheres were noticed on visual sensors.

Baltimore reported that engine signature of the spheres were not the same as standard Collective signatures, and in fact more in line with Cooperative signatures. No audio contact was initiated by the two spheres, as standard with Collective encounters.

Attempts at hails by Augusta produced no results. At this time, both ships raised shields and proceeded to continue to issue audio warnings to not approach if no ship to ship contact was made. This was responded to by both spheres firing on Augusta. The spheres fired only kinetic based weapons, rendering Augusta’s shields mostly ineffective. Once Augusta was disabled, Baltimore was attacked as well. Once both ships were rendered combat ineffective, both proceeded to evacuate. Eyewitness reports state that no boarding operations were conducted by the spheres, and no transporter signatures were detected. Once both ships were evacuated the spheres proceeded to destroy both vessels, however, letting shuttles and escape pods time to disperse.

Despite the loss of both ships, there was minimal loss of crews.

It sounds like we have something different on our hands. I would suggest we proceed with our efforts to try to get a reconnaissance operation underway as soon as possible. Please reach out to me if you have any additional questions.

//SIGNED//
Captain Lunya Vel
Commanding Officer,
USS Midway NCC 90133-B

//ATTACHMENT// Aug/BaltWitnessStmnts.txt

5 Likes