Stardate 94900.1
Security Level 3 - Restricted

TO CAPT Quint; LCDR Becket
CC CMDR T'Press
FROM CMDR Leveson-Scott, M. E.

SUBJ Continued Investigation
GCLLz1e.png

Captain,

I have been asked by VADM Perim to continue the investigation of Rianni Tierno, given the amenable results of our previous interview with the detainee I recommend we maintain the same format, however if you have any ideas for different approaches worth considering then I am all too happy to support. We also want to conduct a complete and fresh medical assessment in light of information gleaned from the first interview, which I recommend completing before we conduct the next.

To this end, I have included LCDR Beckett here in this mail; as the acting CMO, please could you organize the requested medical assessment and provide results to myself and CAPT Quint for incorporation into the investigation. If possible I believe a psychological assessment may also be of benefit, but leave this to your capable determination.

With your assistance gentlemen, we will learn the complete truth of what has transpired here.

Regards,

//SIGNED//
mischasig_copy_by_legacycloud-dah4xxm.png
Commander Leveson-Scott, M.E. II
Starfleet Office of Intelligence, DS13
3 Likes
TO CMDR Leveson-Scott, M
CC CAPT Quint, E; CMDR T'Press
FROM LCDR Beckett, G
SUBJ RE: Continued Investigation

Commander,

I'm afraid you'll have to be a little more specific on what information has come to light to allow for such need for differentials to appear in a whole new medical assessment. Especially given the current activity level. However I will have one organized within the next week.
You will need to seek permission from Captain Buchanan for access to the Cadets medical file.

Psychological assessments are performed by Counseling I suggest contacting Lieutenant Commander Sedai for such needs.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Graham Beckett
Acting Chief Medical Officer, 38th Fleet
5 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 94908.9

TO < CMDR Leveson-Scott, M. E.;LCDR Becket>
CC <CMDR T'Press>
FROM CAPT Emery Quint
SUBJ Re:Continued Investigation
SyNafYV.png

Commander,
First off let me apologize for the time it took to get back to you. Squadron work has been busy as you can imagine. I am hardly disinterested in the goings on in regards to this situation.

First and foremost I'm all aboard with continued interviews with our guest. I also admit for lack of a better moniker Ms Tierno will have to do moving forward. I'd like to set up a time for follow ups in the same style as before, I fear a more direct integration to be counter productive. Ms Tierno is in a rather unique position as are we. If we push she could very well shut down. That said, she has answers we need, even if she is unaware she posses such.

As for a Medical exam, I don't want to sound terrible but I know I'm going to anyway. We need as much data as possible, she clearly passed the medical screening upon recovery and anything since then. We need some manner to Identify a faux individual, simply to prevent any such incidents in the future. Our current situation is highly irregular and dynamic, we need to know the players on the field and we need to be aware of their tactics. This could have been used to far more devastating results.

//SIGNED//
Emery Quint,
Captain, USS Victory
38'th Fleet, Taurus Squadron
5 Likes
4OB3P0J.png
Stardate 94912.4

TO CAPT Quint; LCDR Becket; LCDR Sedai
CC CMDR T'Press

SUBJ Re: Continued Investigation
GCLLz1e.png

Captain,

I am glad to see that you concur regarding our way forward, and no apology is necessary; I perfectly understand the present situation, and do not envy your task at hand.

I must also thank you for preemptively providing the required clarity for LCDR Beckett. Hopefully this guidance will provide you with the desired direction for Ms. Tierno's medical assessment, as I hope it will for the recommended deferral to LCDR Sedai for a psychological assessment.

When you are ready to continue the interviews; I have taken up office on board the Endeavour in favour over the confines aboard K7, so may be contacted there.

Regards,

//SIGNED//
4 Likes
TO CMDR Leveson-Scott, LCDR Beckett, CAPT Quint
CC CMDR T'Press
FROM LCDR Sedai
SUBJ Re: Re: Continued Investigation

:: Security Level 3 - Restricted ::

Hello,

I have read this communication and the previous ones in the chain, but I am afraid I remain uncertain of what exactly the request here is. If you would please provide answers to the following questions, I would be better able to assess counseling's role in the matter.

1. What is Cadet Tierno's current status and standing in formal terms? I am aware that she has been detained, but little else.

2. What is the assessment meant to determine? Typically we are only able to ascertain one's fitness for duty, for which the cadet was already evaluated shortly after her recovery a year ago. If we are meant to re-evaluate based on new circumstances or evidence, we will need to know the details of the subject's involvement in order to appropriately tailor our questions.

Thank you.

//SIGNED//
LCDR Sedai, Katriel
DS13 Counseling
3 Likes
4OB3P0J.png
Stardate 94915.2

CC CMDR T'Press

GCLLz1e.png

Counsellor,

Thank you for the timely response. To answer your queries:

1. Ms. Tierno has been provisionally stripped of rank, pending a formal conclusion to the investigation.

2. In short; I am uncertain as to what exactly we should be aiming for with your assessment. I can only best surmise that given the circumstances surrounding Ms. Tierno's activities, I believe it would be beneficial to our ongoing investigation were we to gain some level of insight into her general psychology. She has already proven resistant to telepathy and so I believe that less intrusive means of assessing her in this manner would yield the best results.

Regards,

//SIGNED//
2 Likes
TO CMDR Leveson-Scott, LCDR Beckett, CAPT Quint
CC CMDR T'Press
FROM LCDR Sedai
SUBJ Re: Re: Continued Investigation

:: Security Level 3 - Restricted ::

Commander,

I apologize for the delay. Your last response unfortunately did not illuminate the situation for me as much as I feel I needed, so I took it upon myself to request access from Command to related restricted materials to understand exactly what is at stake here.

Because Ms Tierno no longer holds any official citizenship status with the Federation, I do not feel like it would be appropriate for counseling to interview her in any capacity. We have no baseline psychology for her species and to use her as a baseline would be bad practice. She is effectively a prisoner of war and as such, my department would risk accusations of ethical malfeasance for what I would consider to be fairly negligible gains.

As an alternative, I would recommend the following: rather than counseling issuing our own interviews and remarks, consider holding your own interviews with a counseling representative taking an observation role only, preferably in an unseen capacity. Said representative may provide their remarks as an addendum to the main interview report written by your people. This would afford you the opinion of a psychological professional without exposing the subject to a counselor's influence directly.

I'm sorry we can not be of more assistance, Commander.

//SIGNED//
LCDR Sedai, Katriel
DS13 Counseling

--

((Dreadfully sorry for the delayed response. Fell off my radar.))
6 Likes
4OB3P0J.png
Stardate 94949.9

CC CMDR T'Press

GCLLz1e.png

Counsellor,

Thank you for clarifying your departments position, I appreciate that these are unusual circumstances that must be tread lightly and fully understand your position.

Captain Quint,

In light of this and the attached medical workup conducted by LCDR Beckett (thank you by the way!), I believe we are in as good a position as can be to proceed with the interviews. I suggest we convene beforehand to strategize more effectively, but otherwise defer to your schedule. Perhaps timing may prove favorable on your part that we can take the good counselor up on the offer to provide an observer to the interview.

Regards,

//SIGNED//

//ATTACHMENTS//

Medical_XF-649-2154_VBK_R.evl
3 Likes