BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CAPT Thiessen
CC RADM Konieczko; LCDR Sedai
FROM CMDR Ailes

SUBJ S.S. Kantan Survivors
DXs3Lyq.png

Captain Thiessen,

During the course of my patrol, the U.S.S. William Ockham came across a ship that ultimately was destroyed. We were able to rescue five hundred and thirty seven (537) crewmembers. I am requesting permission to bring them to Deep Space 13 for temporary placement until they can be transported to their homes.

I have CC'ed Lieutenant Commander Sedai on this message because, inevitably, they will be traumatized from their recent loss. I'm not sure if there are any forms of emergency or immediate counseling or measures that might need to be taken by her department in this situation.

We are en route to the station. Thank you for your time.

//SIGNED//
Commander Beylara Ailes
Commanding Officer, U.S.S. William Ockham
5 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png

TO CMDR Ailes
CC LCDR Sedai, CMDR Caspius
FROM CAPT Thiessen

SUBJ Re: S.S. Kantan Survivors
4OB3P0J.png

Commander,

Thank you for the advance notice. We will do all we can to prepare for their arrival - we can certainly absorb that amount of survivors for a time and we'll do our best to make their accommodations comfortable.

Counselor, please see this as notice of the incoming counseling needs coming your way. Please let Commander Caspius or myself know if you need further resource assistance.

//SIGNED//
Captain Tau Thiessen
Commanding Officer, Deep Space Thirteen
4 Likes
TO CAPT Thiessen, CMDR Ailes
CC CMDR Caspius
FROM LCDR Sedai
SUBJ Re: Re: S.S. Kantan Survivors

The station counseling department has some procedures in place for crisis counseling and psychological triage, yes. There will not be a significant amount that we can do at this early stage, but it is more than nothing.

More critically will be their housing arrangements when they come aboard, the quarter assignments should not put any individual by themselves unless there are species considerations. Ideally all personnel should be housed in groups of 3-4, even if extra bedding must be moved in.

//SIGNED//
LCDR Sedai, Katriel
DS13 Counseling
3 Likes