TO: CAPT Varley SUBJ: Security Risk

To: CAPT Lauren Varley
Subj: Security Risk

Captain Varley:

I am escalating this concern to your immediate attention as it has to do with our Romulan contingent and will need to be dealt with through diplomatic channels.

I just had a concerning conversation with the RRW Tebok security chief, CENT Thirteen. I have reason to believe that her implants have been hacked by a third party actor. Whether or not this particular actor is hostile or not remains to be seen, but the party in question is certainly under the control of a hostile government. If I am correct about the identity of this party, it may be advisable to see if we can trace the hack and locate the position of the originating signal. This person has valuable intel about the Star Empire as well as other hostile nations.

It is my current belief that the centurion is innocent of wrongdoing in this case, although it would be prudent to make sure no-one aboard Tebok is compromised before we proceed.

I will brief you presently.

//SIGNED//
LCDR t’Veras
DS13 Intel

8 Likes

To: CAPT Lauren Varley
Subj: Security Risk

Captain Varley:

I’ve figured it out.

No need to escalate quite yet. But this could be an opportunity for Starfleet Intelligence, as well as a chance to do some good to someone who has had very little of it in her life.

It will still require a ridiculous amount of diplomacy.

//SIGNED//
LCDR t’Veras
DS13 Intel

3 Likes