TO: CMDR Blake, Kara The Chief Tactical Officer Position on the October.

To: CMDR Blake, Kara
Subj: Chief Tactical Position

Commander,

I hope this message finds you in fair health. I write to you to express my interest and qualifications for the position of Chief Tactical Officer aboard the October.

My first posting from the Academy was aboard the U.S.S. Trident, a Galaxy Class. In my first year there, I was slotted into the night-shift role on con. After three years, I took over as night-shift Tactical until a year later when I took over as Chief Tactical Officer after her previous one was promoted.

I served aboard the Trident until 2417 when she was due for a year in dry dock for a heavy refit. My transfer was requested by the Captain of the U.S.S. Retribution, a Sovereign Class whom’s Chief Tactical Officer had retired. I accepted the request, and served there until her loss in 2421. I was awarded the Archer Ribbon for Conspicuous Bravery, due to my actions in the assisting of others to the escape pod whilst already injured myself.

Whilst in the Academy, and even afterwards to further my experience… I have completed courses TAC175, TAC270, TACT210, TAC300, ARM200, ARM210, ARM220.

I’ve over six years of experience as Chief Tactical Officer on Galaxy Class and Sovereign Class Starships.

Best Wishes, regardless of the outcome.

//SIGNED//
Ruke Warner
(Acting) Chief of Security, DS13

4 Likes

To: CMDR Warner, Ruke
CC: CAPT Morton, Coby
Subj: RE: Chief Tactical Position

Commander Warner,

Thank you for your message, you have quite the impressive resumé, and definitely have the types of experience we are looking for.

If I may ask, have you ever considered a role in Operations?

I look forward to your response.

//SIGNED//
Commander Kara Blake
Executive Officer,
USS October

2 Likes

To: CMDR Blake, Kara

Commander,

While aboard the Retribution, I’d already started training in Operations whilst maintaining Chief Tactical. I had no qualms about studying it while off duty, and that remains unchanged. My training was disrupted for obvious reasons, and have not been maintained since. I would once again be happy to take it up again should the October need me to be flexible. I am at your disposal, regardless.

Best Wishes

//SIGNED//
Ruke Warner

2 Likes

TO: CMDR Warner, R
CC: CMDR Blake, K
SUBJ: RE: Chief Tactical Position

Commander,

Usually I endeavour to meet with senior officer candidates prior to their transfer, allowing a more personal and smooth transition considering the substantial change of locale, however under current circumstance and the crisis in the Rator Sector we’ll have to forgo the usual pleasantries.

As well as submitting my request to 38th Fleet Command, based on your excellent credentials and advice of my First Officer, I hereby offer the applied position to you. The USS October departs Deep Space 13 at 0900hrs Tomorrow Morning bound for the Tri’Vokil system, please report to LCDR Talercio upon arrival and expect a briefing with the senior officers by 1300.

Looking forward to having you aboard,

//SIGNED//
Captain Coby Morton
Commanding Officer,
USS October

2 Likes

To: CAPT Morton, C

Captain,

I thankfully and respectfully accept the position, and look forward to serving with you and the crew of the October. I will likely beam over well before departure to do a walk-around of the ship, get things settled in my quarters and then assist with preperations for tomorrows departure.

Thank you again, Captain.

– Warner

//SIGNED//
Ruke Warner

1 Like