TO: Command, 38th Fleet|Requesting immediate assistance, kidnapping.

To: Command, 38th Fleet (@38th.Command)
CC: AMB Perim, N. (@kermit) CMDR Sideris, N. (@Calyx )
Subj: Requesting immediate assistance, kidnapping.

ALCON,

We are requesting immediate assistance from the 38th Fleet as well as diplomatic assistance in a situation involving Hysperian nobility, the Klingon house QiRos, and a small faction of Orions that may have kidnapped a Hysperian noble.

Though this from the high level looks like a regional squabble inspired by petty criminal behavior and best left alone by Starfleet, the issue blossomed into a threat of war from the Hysperians to the whole Orion planet unless the noble woman in question, a Princess Sarah of Millin, is returned immediately.

Add in that this group of Orions, who are not known to commit piracy and are suspected of the kidnapping, are allied with the Klingon House QiRos, who have vowed support for the Orioni and now we have a standoff and a tinderbox; one that is a couple of sectors from Earth. Starfleet Command is very concerned with this situation and would like to see a peaceful resolution.

We will be sending a consultant who we feel has the cultural knowledge, familiarity with the actors involved, and the situational experience to assist in dealing with the factions involved. Hopefully you remember Captain Regiatta Tohanna, the former director of our Behavioral Analysis Unit. She has agreed to come out of retirement to lead our efforts in resolving this peacefully as an Intelligence liaison. Though not an ambassador, we feel her skills with negotiation and profiling will be indispensable.

I look forward to hearing good progress on this. Thank you in advance.

Very respectfully,

//SIGNED//
Narral Loctini,
Rear Admiral, Upper Half,
Strategic Operations,
Starfleet Intelligence

((OOC: This is to set up an RP for the USS Dragon as primary. Thank you to Kermit for the rewrite.))

2 Likes

To: CAPT Tungsten
CC: RDML Bishop
Subj: Priority Assignment

Captain Tungsten,

You are ordered to investigate and resolve the reported kidnapping of Princess Sarah of Millin, of Hysperia. The perpetrators are reported to be Orions allied with the Klingon House of QiRos. See attached included from Starfleet Intelligence for more information.

An Intelligence Liaison from headquarters has been assigned to this case and is at your disposal. I expect the Diplomatic Corps will also have input.

//SIGNED//
Vice Admiral Aluk
Commanding Officer,
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

3 Likes

To: CMDR Salene @Biska
CC: CAPT Tungsten
Subj: Hysperian Princess Kerfuffle

Commander,

See above message from Starfleet Command. The Federation is a third-party to this situation, but I agree that it is in our best interest to prevent a conflict from breaking out, if we can.

I’d like you to put together a report on the diplomatic and political situation for me as soon as possible. You may travel with Dragon to the area in question if necessary. Either a written report or an in-person briefing will suffice, at your discretion.

//SIGNED//
Neema Perim
Federation Ambassador

4 Likes

To: VADM Aluk
CC:
Subj: RE: Priority Assignment

Admiral,

Orders received and acknowledged. We will return as soon as we are able to pick up both Captain Tohanna, and it appears potentially Commander Na’Toth. From there, we will head to either Hysperian space or Orion, per Captain Tohanna’s recommendation. This will likely depend on if we need any more information than Captain Tohanna possesses from the Hysperians, or if they want us to check in with them first. Otherwise, I expect we will proceed straight to Orion.

//SIGNED//
Captain Drake Tungsten
Commanding Officer,
USS Dragon

3 Likes