TO: DaiMon Qul SUBJ: Unfinished business

jdyPbAV.gif
Security Level 2 - Confidential

TO DaiMon Qul
CC
FROM CAPT Sadia Cynis

SUBJ Unfinished business

Dear business partner,
I hope the Great Material Continuum is treating you well today. I met that orion weapon dealer in order to equip my new fly-toys as you suggested, and he informed me about a certain unfinished piece of business between you two.
A certain data rod needs to be retrieved, but there seem to be some...complications. In the spirit of the future mutually profitable endeavors, I am more than willing to meet and see how I can assist you with this venture. In the end, isn't that what friends are for? Let me know if you wish to talk more about this.

May the Blessed Exchequer protect your profits,

Captain Sadia Cynis
Commander of task force Hurq Mevik
7 Likes
To: CAPT Sadia Cynis
RE: Unfinished business

Good to hear from you friend. So what did Norost tell you? I only ask because of Rule 60. (Keep your lies consistent. ) I am trying to get Starfleet to take care of this for me for free. They are nibbling but haven't committed yet. I hope to get the Romulans involved since I know they will decrypt all the data rods they find. If I can get a copy of Norost's data rod then I can blackmail him later. I will cut you in for 30% if you tell me what he told you.

If Starfleet doesn't take the bait I might need you to recover the data rod. The Romulan courier is no doubt dead, the Nausicaan pirates involved don't take prisoners so don't worry about saving anyone. I just want the data rod. If you or anyone you know can decrypt the data rod then I can pay extra.

Keep in mind friend, this means assaulting a pirate base. So a stealthy approach is needed. Once inside feel free to throw stealth to the wind. Firefights are rather common among Nausicaans, so they don't bother scanning for that kind of thing in their base. Let me know your answer and price.

May the Blessed Exchequer watch over your accounts.

DaiMon Qul
6 Likes
jdyPbAV.gif

TO DaiMon Qul
CC
FROM CAPT Sadia Cynis

SUBJ RE: Unfinished business

Norost was tight lipped about the details regarding the datarod - he told me he hired you to get it for him and that he put a bounty on your head for some reason. While that's an interesting way to motivate someone, it's kinda useless if someone else actually collects on it - not just that he doesn't get his datarod, he also has to pay the bounty hunter (unless he plans not to, which is another unnecessary and potentially dangerous complication).
In any way, I can assemble a small team of mercenaries and allies with stealth-capable ships for this operation. If you have the location of this pirate base (and any other relevant data regarding these nausicaan pirates) it would help us speed up the entire retrieval. Also, is there any way to actually detect/locate the said datarod? It would be quite troublesome to storm the pirate base only to have to wade through all of their junk.
You are, of course, welcome to oversee the operation (from a safe location, if you prefer to stay in the background).

Captain Sadia Cynis
2 Likes

The bounty won't post until Norost gets impatient or until the delay he paid for expires. Since he failed to mention that time to me I am indeed motivated. Saying that I have a 50mil bounty on me is technically accurate and hopefully elicits sympathy from Starfleet. I will have to introduce you to Ruiso. She is a Syndicate Bounty Broker on Drozona. I recommend either earrings or I'danian Spice Pudding as an opening gift. Or as a way of delaying inconvenient postings. Oh and if anyone suggests addressing her as “Shwila” DON'T. At least not if I am employing you.

As to the location of the data rod, I only met Capt Doya once. He is, or should I say was, the courier. I would trust Starfleet to find the data rod easily, they can't de-wax their ears without scanning at the electron level three times. For you might I suggest the door frame to the aft compartment. Doya usually runs a low current through them so that they look like part of the door circuitry.

As for the Nausicaans there are two groups at this station. One named Zachek runs a chop shop, dismantles the ships they take does upgrades, sells consoles, etc; quite talented actually. Then there is Doomong. A particularly impatient Nausicaan who doesn't read the fine print then gets very angry as if its your fault. He runs the place, but is afraid of losing Zachek at any cost so know who to make friends with. However since its Zachek's part of the base you will be raiding I wouldn't bother. If you beam down to the asteroid you can enter through a hatch outside. The code is 3347. So I hear. Just dodge any Nausicaans working in the dismantling yard and you will be fine.

However I am sure that you will understand if I can first try to get Starfleet to do this for free. Stand ready frieend and please have an invoice ready.

Though I walk through the valley of bankruptcy thy Lobes and accounts comfort me.

DaiMon Qul.
2 Likes

QUAC stocks many styles of earrings as well as many tasty desserts.

QUAC marketing dept apprentice Quart
jdyPbAV.gif

TO DaiMon Qul
CC
FROM CAPT Sadia Cynis

SUBJ RE: Unfinished business

Considering the good deals and contacts you provide, I have no intention to charge you for this retrieval operation.
I understand you might want the Starfleet to deal with this, as they do tend to care more about the collateral damage, however I'm not sure they'd help unless you paint this as an anti-pirate operation. Starfleet is rarely selective in the dispensation of justice though, so if they are compelled to act, they'll go for complete shutdown of the entire nausicaan station (and I'm unsure if that features in your plans for that place, and whether closing of that business might piss off other customers).
Anyhow, the info you provided will definitely make this raid easier - just say the word if you want my assistance.

Captain Sadia Cynis
1 Like