TO: Dr. Sovum | FROM: LCDR V'era | SUBJ: Surgery Assistance

To: Dr. Sovum, @Veneela
Subj: Surgery Assistance

Dr. Sovum,

You come highly recommended when asking around DS13. I wonder when next our ships are docked at the station together, if you would be interested in joining me on an elective surgery?

Among many of my Degrees, Xenobiology is one of them. And quite like the medical field, we have ‘Clinicals’ in my field as well we must maintain to keep our certifications fresh and up to date. Starfleet Office of Science Ops is sending me a case-study of a yet unidentified species for examination and dissection. And yes, the patient in question is already deceased. However, because stranger things have occurred in the cosmos, I require a member of Starfleet Medical to be present, in the highly off-chance the patient…resuscitates.

Your more than welcome to join in on the study, or you can just observe on the sidelines. The study will be recorded and published among the scientific community for review and peer-judgement. (but again, that’s all on me! No pressure to you!)

If you are interested, let me know, and ill set a reminder to link our schedules!

Thank you for the consideration!

//SIGNED//
Lt. Commander V’era
Chief Science Officer
USS Alexander [NCC-93532]

//ATTACHMENT// Case_Study.ext

3 Likes

To: Lt.Cmdr V’era ( @Maikull )
CC: CMDR Eunha, CMDR Jarnefelt ( @Eunha )
Subj: RE: Surgery Assistance

Commander,
First I must give my appreciation to the staff at DS13 and Commander Jarnefelt for the reccomendation and the chance to practice medicine on the station as I continued my education. I would be honored to join you in your certification, Xenobiology is something I don’t have much experience in, and this seems like as good an opportunity as any to expand my knowledge further. We should be Docking at the station before Delta shift tonight, and provided Commander Eunha has no duties for me to attend to, I will be available from Beta onwards tomorrow.
Thank you for this unique opportunity, and I hope we both can grow from this.

//SIGNED//
Veneela Sovum
Medical Doctor,
USS Endeavour

3 Likes

To: Dr. Sovum, @Veneela
CC: CMDR Jarnefelt @Eunha
Subj: RE: Surgery Assistance

Excellent!

Originally, I was open to host aboard the Alexander, but if Commander Jarnefelt is interested and has room, we could perform the operation in one of the station’s medical labs, and anyone would be able to attend and observe!

//SIGNED//
Lt. Commander V’era
Chief Science Officer
USS Alexander [NCC-93532]

OOC This is slated to be a Discord RP that I can open to any within the Medical or Science departments could come observe if interested.

2 Likes