BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO DS13 Medical
CC CAPT Ailes; CMDR Kermit;
FROM CMDR Jarnefelt
SUBJ New Policy
4OB3P0J.png

Medical,

As I had said in my previous announcement to the department, I believe that we are one of the best departments however we still need to make changes for us to become more efficient in treating our patients - this is the first of one of my few new policies I will be rolling out in the coming weeks.

When a doctor is called out to a medical situation and they are required to bring that patient back into sickbay, sickbay is not fully prepared for the patients arrivial as they do not know to the full extent the seriousness of the emergency - only the of medical officer at the scene fully knows to fix this this officer on call who is bringing back the patient to sickbay will now report back an emergency code so that sickbay may quickly prepare the right tools and equipment that could be needed in situation.

The Codes are as follows:
Code Blue | Minor injury or illness
Code Yellow | more serios injury or illness
Code Red | Major injury or illness
Code Green | Mass Casualty or Illness
Code Purple | Near death
Code Pink | Quarantine situation

If you have any questions please do contact me, and I will answer as best I can. If you would like to test out the new code systems please also contact me so we can arrange a simulation where we will run through the codes, and you will receive training on how to use the codes when on call or how to react to the code when in sickbay.

//SIGNED//
Commander Charlotte Jarnefelt
Chief Medical Officer, DS13
1 Like
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CMDR. Jarnefelt, C.
CC --
FROM LTJG Pentin, G.
SUBJ RE: New Policy
4OB3P0J.png

Commander,

How attached to these colors are you? Can we change them or can we improvise different shades of the same color?

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Junior Grade Gabrielle Pentin
Medical Officer
Deep Space 13
1 Like
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO LTJG Pentin, G..
CC --
FROM CMDR Jarnfelt, C.
4OB3P0J.png

Lieutenant,

I'm open to suggestions for a new color coding if it is easier for you and everyone else in the department, what have you got in mind in terms of new colors? - only color off the table is Brown since I don't like it very much.

//SIGNED//
Chief Medical Officer, Deep Space 13
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CMDR. Jarnefelt, C.
CC --
FROM LTJG Pentin, G.
4OB3P0J.png

Commander,

Purple and Pink are really close to each other. I would recommend changing one or the other to black. At a quick glance if we are in a rush it could easily be confused and lead to some bad scenarios.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Junior Grade Gabrielle Pentin
Medical Officer
Deep Space 13
1 Like
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CMDR. Jarnefelt, C.
CC --
FROM LCDR Beckett
4OB3P0J.png

Commander,

A good thought, I'd like to suggest another one that should be added as a departmental secret.

Code Magnolia.

People can ask all they like, but it will never be known.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Beckett
Neurologist
Deep Space 13
3 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CMDR. Jarnefelt, C
CC ~~
FROM CMDR. Novak, M
4OB3P0J.png

Commander,

I was hoping that I could offer my own take on the Medical code system, I present to you a different system that I personally believe could be easier to understand to someone looking to delve into the Medical codes for further understanding & if for example a patient or someone outside of the medical field wishes to further understand the medical coding system. This is just my personal explanation of a system that could function effectively.

The Reformed Codes are as followed, presented by Doctor Novak.

Code Blue: Critical Injury presented, requiring urgent medical attention

Code White: A call for additional staff due to an aggressive or combative patient that requires sedation or further assistance involving mentally ill patients.

Code Yellow Serious injury that requires treatment immediately or it could become life threatening, not as severe as a Code blue, more severe than a Code Pink.

Code Green
is much like Code Black. Code Green, however, focuses solely on the Medical Department, and includes evacuation due to dangerously contagious illness. Those affected or exposed will remain inside the Medical Department to continue working to cure or contain the situation. The medical facilities will be quarantined via Level 3 forcefields and will not be dropped until given the 'all clear.'

In the event of complete failure of the medical staff to contain the disease or cure it, a 'Hammerdown' procedure will be enacted. This is a tactic to sterilize the Medical facility entirely to eliminate all traces of the illness as a last-ditch effort to keep it from spreading. A warning siren will sound prior to the destruction of anything inside the medical facility.

Code Pink Minor injury, a serious enough injury though that requires a medical procedure be done that does not include dermal regeneration or something simple, example a... non-life threatening injury. Burns, broken bones and such.

Code Black Quarantine situation/Mass Casualty resulting from a Biological or Chemical Attack on the Starbase. Designated Triage centers and Casualty clearing stations would be setup and activated in an emergency as well as muster points for those not affected or uninjured.

//SIGNED//
CMDR. Mei Novak
Surgeon
DS13 Medical
2 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CMDR Novak, M, LCDR Beckett, LTJG Pentin, G.
CC <DS-13 Medical>
FROM CMDR. Jarnefelt, C
4OB3P0J.png

Commander Beckett we will absolutely deploy code magnolia and tell absolutely no one what it is. I like your style.

Commander Novak, I must admit your code system is very good in fact after taking some time to go over it properly, I feel as though it would be a better fit and thus we will be implementing it instead of my own system. Thank you very much you are a credit to the department.

Lieutenant Pentin, hopefully Commander Novak's new code system we help remove any confusion.

//SIGNED//
Chief Medical Officer, DS13
5 Likes