TO: DS13 Intelligence Department | SUBJ: Autumnal Status Update

BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 2 - Confidential

TO <DS-13 Intelligence>
FROM Commander Jekk
SUBJ Departmental status update
XxcJsy5.png

Greetings,

One of my new directives is for quarterly updates on all projects, and new ones to be handed out.

Please compile all your operations over the past four months and submit them.
Additionally, highlight any you wish to make special note of.

I will be badgering you ALL over the next week for this, so please attempt to respond promptly.

//SIGNED//
Commander Dactylus Jekk
Head of Intelligence, Deep Space 13
4OB3P0J.png
TO CMDR Jekk
FROM CMDR North
SUBJ Re: Departmental status update
GCLLz1e.png

Quarterly report? Who's reading my monthly submissions then, eh?

Kidding.

--

• ETA ERIDANI REGION, SPACE TRAFFIC REPORTING/ANALYSIS. Gathering and surveying data from all local region space stations, collecting docking and visitation information, tracking patterns of civilian activity. These reports are generally utilized by Federation security and trade, population tracking, anticipation of pirate activity, emergency relief efforts, and numerous civilian organizations.

• KACAM INTELLIGENCE PACKETS, ANALYSIS AND CORROBORATION. We continue to receive a packet of intelligence from Azedi space once every twelve days. Most of these are thin and without much substance, but they do provide minor glimpses into what Azedi life might be like. We try to verify as much of the information provided as possible through alternate sources, primarily Itrin Station agents. About 40-50% of the information tends to remain unsubstantiated.

• DONATU AND ARCHANIS SURVEILLANCE UPGRADE PROJECT. Many of the covert surveillance satellites in these sectors were originally deployed in late 2404 and are in dire need of replacement. We have been working in tandem with Engineering to consult on their new designs for upgraded covert surveillance satellites to ensure they meet specs on what intelligence capabilities they'll be expected to handle.

• DS13 SECURITY CLEARANCE PROCESSING TEAM. Executing background checks for various incoming personnel and revoking clearance for departing personnel.

//SIGNED//
CMDR North, Alleya
DS13 Intelligence
4 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png

TO Commander Jekk
FROM Commander Levesley
XxcJsy5.png

Sir here is a brief rundown of of current projects or recent activity:

Monitoring of Liyan Cluster - I took part in an operation along side our Romulan allies. There is a situation between two major powers of this cluster: KIRRSHAN CONFEDERACY and the GAD UNIFIED COUNCIL. Orders by the admiralty have precluded fleet assets from pursuing operation in the cluster. However the situation as it stood prior to these orders was Romulan Empire forces seeking to influence the region by backing one of the powers. Obviously this is not in the Federation or Romulan republic interests. Interventions by a joint Romulan Republic and Federation sought to prevent the Romulan Empire from backing the Gad Unified Council, we seemed to be successful. But in a sudden twist the Kirrshan Confederacy seemed to form an agreement with the Empire forces.

The main concern in the cluster is that a proxy war breaks out between the two local powers, with each being backed by the Romulan Republic or Empire respectively. I have concerns that our Republic allies may be acting in their own interests in the cluster and not be forthcoming with us. Both the Empire and Republic will be reluctant to back down to the other.

I would suggest the following to pursue this situation:
- seek clarification from Republic allies on their stance to the powers in the cluster.

- Undergo further intelligence gathering of the region via a ship or ships deployed to continue charting of the cluster whilst respecting the borders of the existing powers.

- Work the intelligence to ensure Starfleet Diplomatic services are able to broker a more substantial agreement between the two powers than exists currently.

Azedi Exclusionary Zone recon - I am currently working on a proposal for deployment of a sensor net utilising adapted Class V Reconnaissance or Class VII Remote Culture study probe specification and techniques. Once I have finalized the inital project I will then need to work with station Engineering on creating a suitable platform.

The Azedi continue to present the highest threat to the Federation in the region. I believe that a major monitoring effort is required along the entire Exclusionary zone boarder. This boarder is in the region of 50LY long and presents a huge drain on ships to patrol and monitor. Therefore this proposal for fixed position monitoring should help assist and monitor the border as well as into Azedi space.

Trans-Sector Trading Triskaidecarch - I believe given the Fleets interactions with this organisation that the Intelligence department should seek to assist. I do not believe that we have currently been consulted regarding assistance which I believe may be to the fleets disadvantage.

Several interrogations have taken place and whilst I applaud the efforts of the Captains undertaking these interviews I fear that they are busy officers and should perhaps delegate such activities to officers who have the time and skills to undertake such things. Interrogations and interviews are a careful process and usually require more than one to take place over a period of time (spare time the Captains can probably ill afford).

Mysterious message investigation - Working with Lt Prydin I was asked to assist
in the analysis of a message received by Captain Ailes. The message was received via SUBSPACE RELAY 456b from Piylor City. I forwarded my findings of my investigation to the Lt. I do not know if there is any ongoing work to do with this message or any follow up required.

//SIGNED//
Commander William Levesley
Intelligence Officer, Deep Space 13[/quote]
4 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png

TO Commander Jekk
FROM SCDR Aurelia t'Veras
XxcJsy5.png

Commander,

As you know, I have just returned from a mission that has been classified by joint agreement of Starfleet and the Republic Navy. As this mission lasted a full year, I currently have no updates to give you. If you are interested in being briefed on my progress in the classified mission, please submit the proper authorization forms to KHRV Rellir here on base & ADM Esbanel at Starfleet Command.

I await future assignment.

Sincerely,
SCDR Aurelia t'Veras
3 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png

TO Commander Jekk
FROM LT Prydin, O.
XxcJsy5.png

Commander,

I have not been on assignment long, sir, but I am pleased to report that the current project of compiling a linguistic/cryptographic formula to assist in improving the speed with which we can decrypt intelligence is working on a strong foundation. This is a long-term project and will take quite some time to complete, but it is my hope that this, in addition to any assignments I am giving, will contribute to the Department.

Signed
Lieutenant Ophelia Prydin
Intelligence Officer, Deep Space 13
1 Like