TO: DS13 Medical - Captain Meadows Medical Leave

To: DS13 Medical
CC: @cjarnefelt
Subj: Captain Meadows Medical Leave

For the attention of the Chief Medical Officer, DS13;

I will be discharging Captain Rebecca Meadows from the care of Vincennes’ sickbay tomorrow.

She is to report immediately to Deep Space 13 for rest and relaxation.

After some… difficult negotiations, we have agreed to the following terms:

• The Captain is to be placed on medical leave of absence until USS Vincennes has been fully repaired (or longer, should I deem it necessary, though I neglected to mention that part).
  • For the duration of her medical leave, she is to focus on rest and relaxation.
  • The Captain is permitted to read any and all status reports disseminated to Vincennes’ senior staff (it proved impossible to dissuade her from this point). She is not permitted to action any of those reports, respond to any of those reports, return to Vincennes to assist the repair crews, or otherwise engage in any work more strenuous than reading.
  • The Captain is to leave all command decisions to Commander Bastion, Vincennes’ first officer, for the duration of her medical leave. This includes any scenario in which DS13 is, and I quote, “exploding around us”.
  • The Captain is required to submit to daily medical scans to ensure that her injuries are healing adequately. Whether she reports to DS13’s main infirmary or Vincennes’ sickbay is of no concern to me, so long as regular readings are taken.
  • Under no circumstances is Captain Meadows permitted to attend any meetings or briefings, particularly any that regard the Betreka Nebula incident that led to her hospitalisation, until her medical leave is over.

It should be noted that the patient proved obstinate, and only agreed to abide by these terms under threat of further confinement to sickbay. I anticipate continued resistance. Be on your guard.

For the benefit of you and your staff, during the Betreka Nebula incident Captain Meadows suffered numerous acute injuries, including:

• Multiple perforations and contusions to both kidneys. This damage was repaired via standard methods.
  • Significant trauma and perforations to the liver. This damage could not be repaired, and thus an artificial replacement has been fitted.
  • The patient suffered five broken ribs.
  • Patient’s left lung experienced pulmonary lacerations and pulmonary contusion.
  • Significant cranial damage, including a cracked skull and multiple subarachnoid haemorrhages. This was repaired, but the patient was kept in a medically-induced coma to facilitate. Patient is undergoing ongoing treatment to heal aesthetic scarring.

The full extent of her injuries and subsequent treatments are on her file, attached below.

If at any point Captain Meadows is found to be violating the terms upon which we have honourably agreed in exchange for her discharge, you are to report her to me immediately, and I will handle it as her responsible medical practitioner.

Once I have deemed that her medical leave of absence is over, you may wish to recertify her fitness for duty as per fleet procedure.

Until then, please monitor her for the duration of her stay on your station.

//SIGNED//
Commander Kahuk
Chief Medical Officer,
USS Vincennes

//ATTACHMENT// CAPTMeadowsAnneRebecca.med

7 Likes

To: CMDR Kahuk
CC: DS13 Medical
Subj: RE: Captain Meadows Medical Leave.

Doctor,

Your message is recieved and we will ensure to keep a close eye on the Captain. (Don’t worry I have had my fair share of patients not listening to my orders so I know how to handle them ;) )

Thank you for the information, I will keep it in our database for all staff to monitor and ensure the captain’s injuries are healing well.

To the rest of the medical staff - If the Captain proves difficult or is not following medical orders follow your due diligence and report it to me or any other Senior Doctor who can put a Captain in their place.

If we have any questions Doctor I will let you know.

//SIGNED//
Commander Charlotte Jarnefelt
Chief Medical Officer
Deep Space 13

9 Likes