TO: DS13 Medical | Subj: Operational Report

To: @DS13.Medical
Subj: Operational Report

Doctors, Nurses and all in-bewteens,

Our new XO has requested each department head send a department report to them, asking about any of our upcoming projects, what our department is doing etc.

Therefore I require reports in on general activity and your projects. This is also a good way for me to catch-up with you all and see what we are doing.

Any questions just let me know.

Failure to send reports will result in a sudden influx in scut work or I send S’Slaask after you.

//SIGNED//
Commander Charlotte Jarnefelt.
Chief Medical Officer,
Deep Space 13.

—

//ATTACHMENT// Unleashing S’Slaask.vid

9 Likes

TO: CMDR Jarnefelt, C
CC: @DS13.Medical
SUBJ: RE: Operational Report

Commander Jarnefelt,

My team and I have recently been working an investigation and experimenting using Bajoran Pato Plant paste as an analgesic on muscle and tissue damage. The potential for this paste to be transformed into an applicator could see future use alongside micro-dermal regenerators for large scale affected areas; an example application would be during a scenario of multiple wounded where a singular provided medical kit, and dermal regenerator, would require sparing usage.

Of course with our technology, any and all chemical treatments stand at a disadvantage, however their synthesization holds potential for future medical applications even if just as a learning implement.

On another separate note, I’ve noticed an increase in routine medical evaluations which stands as a success I believe to last years override drive, it’s pleasing to see you’ve been able to achieve these results which I’m certain will look good for you during your departmental report to Captain Varley and Commander Valore.

I hold significant fondness for your practice Commander Jarnefelt, so I hope this last minute request of yours for an update doesn’t hinder your contribution to the Department Head’s reports and that we continue to live to your expectation and to command’s satisfaction.

//SIGNED//
Commander Soa’lina zh’Lindresko, MD
Physician,
Deep Space 13

4 Likes

To: CMDR Jarnefelt, C
Subj: RE: Operational Report

Good Evening Ma’am,

As requested, my report on my activity and projects is as follows:

• Long Distance classes/studies with Starfleet Medical Academy.
  • Assisting on station physicians and nurse with station medical care, both routine and emergency.
  • Volunteering to conduct routine medical evaluations as request come in, both observed and none-observed.
  • Observing (from a safe distance) the research projects being conducting.
  • Currently conducting a study biological response to food based on species and food time to determine the best combination to promote natural healing.
  • Started a side project to learn the languages of every species currently on station to provide faster and more efficient medical care, also to prepare for an event where the universal translator fails or is unavailable during a critical situation.
  • Ready to learn more of the medical sciences.

This ends my report. I stand ready to answer any questions and respond to any tasking.

//SIGNED//
Ensign Gha’kahrr
Medical Student
Deep Space 13

5 Likes

To: ENS Gha’Kahrr, Commander zh’Lindresko, S
Subj: Re Operational Reports

Ensign, Commander.

Thank you both for your quick responses, much appreciated.

Doctor zh’Lindresko, your research sounds absolutely fascinating. I would relish the opportunity to see your work in person. Next time we’re on shift together perhaps we can slip away so I can get glimpse at this. Also do let me know if there is anything else I can do to support you and your research - If you need any more resources or crew do let me know and I can try and figure something out.

And thank you for your kind words Doctor, it is joy to have medical staff such as your self on my medical team and I thank you and the other senior doctors for deputising or stepping in for me when I am unavilable.

Ensign I hope your studies are progressing well - I believe the best way to learn is to get more practical experience perhaps we should look into running some skills labs for junior officers like your self. Keep your eyes peeled you’ve inspired me.

//SIGNED//
Commander Charlotte Jarnefelt,
Chief Medical Officer,
Deep Space 13.

—

5 Likes