To: ENS Steele, KHRIOV Rellir >Eyes Only< Diffused Thalaron Device

To: ENS Steele, KHRIOV Rellir
CC: CDR Sivath, SCDR Aurelia, CPT Perim
Subj: >Eyes Only< Diffused Thalaron Device

I will leave the more boring specifics out of this report and get to the details.

Subcommander Aurelia and I reviewed, per the request of project lead Ensign Steele, the Thalaron device's casing and internal structure.

In our review, we have determined the following items:

• The Thalaron device was never intended to detonate. The fuse was not set to the detonator, rendering the device inoperable.

• A communications array was located within the device.

• The inside of the array was constructed in such a way that the interior alloys transmitted contact information to the communications array. The genetic material of Commander Sivath and Ensign Steele were located inside.

• A datachip with a recording from the Vorta Clone Keth Six was located in the housing. Enclosed is the recording itself.

Spoiler: >>attached recordingShow

The audio is of Keth, sounding gleeful.

"Ah, I assume you have now realized that the thalaron device is a dud. My associates collected it from the black market. They didn't realize that it was broken until afterwards, but as you can see I came up with a good use for it. All I wanted after all was DNA, and what's the point of a bomb if it destroys what you're trying to collect. That's all, I hope you have wonderful bomb-free day."

The Thalaron device no longer threatens us, as the device was never truly active. Subcommander Aurelia has been ordered to scan the device for future review if necessary and then destroy it as per Republic protocols.

The end goal was clearly to gather the genetic material of current, active Starfleet officers. It is now in possession of the Vorta. I would suggest extreme caution and upgraded security protocols as a matter of course due to this, though the action you will take will be your decision.

Signed,

Commander Thue
5 Likes