TO: LCDR H'ajah | FROM: LTJG Serris Zital | SUBJ: NCC-74671

Security Level 1 - Open
TO LCDR H’ajah
CC
FROM LTJG Serris Zital
SUBJ NCC-74671

Commander,

Per our discussion earlier, I would like to formally submit a plan to save the U.S.S. Mariner from its upcoming scheduled decommission and salvage. A working Intrepid-class starship could fill numerous roles within the 38th Fleet, including scouting, rapid response search and rescue, and planetary research.

//DAMAGE ASSESSMENT//

During a close-range survey of a neutron star, the Mariner experienced an unanticipated power failure that disabled their aft shield generators. The nacelle pylons suffered extreme thermal stress, and the alloys were subjected to subatomic particle bombardment that has left the spaceframe compromised by neutron fatigue. The compromised structural integrity fields mean that the vessel can no longer safely exceed warp 5.8 without potentially shearing off the nacelles. Its inability to function under design standards has led Starfleet Command to decommission the vessel and order its components salvaged before scrapping.

//PROPOSED REPAIRS//

While this method of repair hasn’t yet been implemented at this scale, I believe advancements made to the accuracy of targeting scanners within the last ten years have made it feasible to surgically and methodically replace the affected areas of the spaceframe using an experimental combination of transporter and replicator technology. This type of procedure has been successfully implemented on smaller-scale projects, such as repairing surface-level hull microfractures, at the Antares Fleet Shipyard. I believe we can scale this up to dematerialize the affected areas of the spaceframe and recondition the molecular structure to become spaceworthy.

We would need to use the cargo transporters in bays 6, 7, 8, and 9, as well as four industrial replicators to accomplish the task. The pattern buffers of the industrial replicators will need to be interfaced directly with the cargo transporters. Once achieved, the cargo transporters would dematerialize the nacelle assemblies and convert them into energy patterns that would be reconditioned at the molecular level by the industrial replicators, then subsequently rematerialize them in increments of five square meters. I imagine this procedure will require 8 terawatts of energy running constantly for 24 hours a day, the use of the aforementioned facilities and devices, and 500 gigaquads of computer memory for approximately 12-17 days.

//SIGNED//

LTJG Serris Zital
Propulsion Theorist, Deep Space 13

5 Likes
Security Level 1 - Open
TO LTJG Zital, Serris
CC @DS13.Command
FROM LCDR H’ajah
SUBJ Re: NCC-74671

Your proposal is approved, son of Entrades.

//SIGNED//
tuq cargh qaStaHvIS ghIm h’ajah, shal puqbe’
Lt. Cmdr. H’ajah, daughter of Shal, of House Cargh in exile
Chief Engineer, Engineering Dept., Deep Space 13

4 Likes