TO: Prof. Jack e-Buchanan tr'Veras / Adj. Prof. H'ajah | SUBJ: Request Placement on Mariner

To: Prof. Jack e-Buchanan tr’Veras / Ajd. Prof. H’ajah
Subj: Request Placement on Mariner

Professor, Adjunct Professor,

I have become aware of an opportunity for a work study placement aboard the USS Mariner. While your knowledge and skill will no doubt still be necessary for my further advancement, I believe this to be a valuable opportunity for field work that I am sure will allow me to excel. As such, I would like to request such a placement aboard the Mariner.

Peace and long life
//SIGNED//
Vemok

3 Likes

To: CDT Vemok
CC: CMDR Tolar
Subj: Re: Request Placement on Mariner

TRANSLATION PROGRAM:  ACTIVE

Cadet Vemok,

I have reviewed your transcripts and find them to be satisfactory. Your registration for a cadet cruise is approved. Successful completion of this course is required prior to graduation.

You are ordered to report to USS Mariner on Stardate 100338 for a six month tour of duty. During this time, you are to comport yourself as a member of the crew and perform duties as directed by the commanding officer with the following considerations:

• As a Starfleet Academy Cadet, your primary duty is preparation for commissioning as a Starfleet Officer. You are there to learn and gain practical experience. The service you provide to the ship in pursuit of that experience is a secondary benefit.

• Your presence aboard ship and the extent of your participation are at the sole discretion of the vessel’s commanding officer. You will not be placed in exceptionally hazardous assignments, nor should you volunteer to place yourself in danger. You may be relieved or relegated to observation during mission-critical or emergency situations.

• During your cruise, you remain administratively assigned to Starfleet Academy and will be expected to file regular reports and submit academic assignments in a timely manner. Disciplinary issues or lapses in academic performance may result in your withdrawal from the cadet cruise until such time as your standing improves.

You are ordered to return to Deep Space 13 on Stardate 100834. You will be scheduled for final exams upon your return.

Good luck and godspeed.

//SIGNED//
Captain Inman
Director, Eta Eridani Annex
Starfleet Academy

5 Likes