TO: RDML Bishop | Re: Upcoming Regional Ops. Brief

To: RDML Bishop, @Sam
CC: N/A
Subj: Upcoming Regional Ops Brief

Good Afternoon,

I would like to speak at the up-coming Regional Operations Briefing, and share my concerns in regards to the current situation (Assuming it doesn’t further deteriorate between now and then). Below are some of the concerns and my own personal views on the matter: (NOTE: Despite my personal thoughts, I wish to affirm I am fully aware of current orders, and will continue to uphold Starfleet and 38th Argo’s official stance on the matter)

The Klingon Civil War is a matter of upmost importance, the determining victor can greatly influence the current alliance we have, and subsequently cause or prevent future conflicts. But as time has proven, the Klingons are…easily influenced, especially when it comes to being pushed into aggression. The Klingon Civil War of 2367 was influenced by the Romulans. The Second Federation-Klingon War in 2372 was influenced by the Dominion. And the Third Federation-Klingon War started in 2405 which was in part sparked by presence of the Undine.

Now as where I see no evidence of outside influence in this conflict; being a true internal conflict between the clashing ideals of two eras of Klingon Philosophy, this does not mean other powers will not attempt to capitalize on the situation. Just recently, we discovered an Orion Syndicate Operative acting of her own accord infiltrated the governing body of a Federation Colony in an attempt to use it as a bargaining chip to increase her influence within the Klingon Empire.

As where the Federation upholds the Prime Directive in this instance not to interfere, that’s never stopped entities such as the Tal-Shiar. Independent Orion, Nausicaan, and Gorn who may have opposed or staring to regret the conquering/annex of their people could try and start a rebellion. The Lethean’s who have always been eager to officially be recognized by the Empire might ramp up their actions in the quadrant to prove themselves. Gods know several factions of Ferengi would love nothing more (if not do anything) to maintain the business this is undoubtedly bringing them.

We are sitting on a galactic powder keg that anyone could ignite, and personally I don’t believe just sitting back and monitoring the boarder worlds is in the best interest of the Federation. We have to be pro-active in this conflict. Not interfering directly with the Klingons, but as a Primary Power in the Alpha-Beta Quadrant, stepping up to ensure no one else tries to jump in; less this ‘schoolyard scuffle’ between the Klingon Houses turn into an all-out galactic riot that we will inevitably be pulled into one way or another.

The notion I suggest is nothing new to the federation, as we had to act as…a mitigating power in the last Klingon Civil War to prevent the Romulans from fully influencing it. Personally, I feel it’s only a matter of time before J’mpok tries to call upon the federation in the fabled “You’re either with me or against me” notion he took when the Klingons started their campaign against the Undine. As foolish as it would be on his part, it wouldn’t be the first time a Klingon let his pride and arrogance force him into a conflict on multiple fronts.

Thank you,
Hope all is well back at base!

//SIGNED//
Commander Mai’kull Barron
Commanding Officer,
USS Sun-Tzu (NCC-98725)

1 Like

To: CMDR Barron, M
CC: ~~
Subj: RE: Upcoming Regional Ops Brief

Commander,

You are free to speak up at the ROB; it is an open forum for all concerns.

My response will most likely be the same as it is here. We are not to interfere at all. Our focus is to defend our colonies, and should any faction try to attack, we are clear to engage in self-defence, as has always been Federation policy.

We will continue as we are doing now with our current number of ships on the patrol routes designated to them. These routes were designed to stop what you are suggesting now; any failure in its operation is down to the ship(s) on that route. If you feel that any Captains are not performing and neglecting in their duty, please make it known to me.

Regards,

//SIGNED//
Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Samuel Bishop, PhD
Executive Officer, 38th Fleet ‘Argo’

1 Like