TO: RDML Bishop | SUBJ: Authorization for Second Contact Mission

To: RDML S. Bishop, 38th Fleet
Subj: Authorization for Second Contact Mission

Admiral,
As you are aware, we have recently come into contact with the Shinari people, an hitherto unknown warp-capable civilization settled at the border between the Federation and the former Azedi Confederacy, in the Itrin Sector.
As the report filled by Capt. Barron (you can find it attached to this message) shows, the Shinari officially requested Federation and Starfleet assistance in urgent recovery efforts due to heavy Terran incursions into their space and home system.
Despite the inability to divert any asset from the mission to Kacam at that moment, it is the opinion of this officer and of the other COs present during the first contact, that Starfleet should at least attempt a second contact, assessing the real situation on the groun and, eventually, proceeding to include the Shinari in the recovery efforts.
We already received basic data and the coordinates on the location of Shinarechi, the Shinari home system, during first contact. I hereby request your authorization for diverting one unit from the task force under my command to perform a second contact mission to Shinari.
Due to need to proceed with caution, my suggestion is that such a mission be performed by a relatively small-size vessel, also in order to assuage fears by the Shinari people about our identity with the Terrans.
I’ll wait for your response,
Cordially

//SIGNED//
Capt. C. Dubois
Commanding Officer,
USS Peacecraft

//ATTACHMENT// Capt. Barron’s Report

5 Likes

To: CAPT Dubois, C (@Timoreev)
CC: ~~
Subj: RE: Authorization for Second Contact Mission

Captain,

Approved. Proceed as you deem necessary. Keep me appraised.

Regards,

//SIGNED//
Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Samuel Bishop, PhD
Executive Officer, 38th Fleet ‘Argo’

2 Likes