TO: RDML S. Bishop | SUB: Reporting back

To: RDML S. Bishop
Subj: Reporting back

Sam,
I know this news will make you not so happy, but the USS Attar is reporting back to DS13. Our current ETA is twelve hours.
I must say that this last round of exploratory survey of the Alpha-7190 Sector has been far more exciting and fruitful than I expected. In eight months we managed to identify some fifty new star systems, and to completely chart more than half of them. Two M-class planets with primitive, yet quite peculiar indigenous life forms; a number of intriguing D-class worlds; five different subspace anomalies, including an interesting neutrino filament that knocked our propulsion systems out for a day (but in exchange it gave us an amazing quantity of data); and, last but not least, another M-class planet with a sprawling humanoid species experiencing a societal and technological level quite similar to Earth’s Bronze Age (with some intriguing twists). I swear I never saw the Xenological Department so excited (though the other depts were enjoying this situation too).
These journeys truly remind me why I joined Starfleet.
On the other side of the coin, me and my engineers concur that the ship is in need of some starbase-level maintenance, including a good cleaning of the propulsion system as a whole. So I hereby forward a formal request to put the Attar into drydock and for engineering support from DS13 personnel.
I also request authorization for shore leave on board the station and for the whole crew. They earned it.
Attached to this message you will find all the relevant reports to be submitted to your command. Chief Science Officer Cmdr. Iria and Lt. Cmdr. Sumida are forwarding all our data and research both to DS13 Science Division and to Starfleet.
See you soon

P.S.: on a side note, I still have a bottle of that special Saurian brandy that my XO managed somehow to bring on board. I kept it on storage for some special occasion, but since my senior officers have repeatedly attempted to use it for celebrating every single last analysis they performed, I think the time is ripe for it to be opened. Feel free to come on board at your earliest convenience.

//SIGNED//
Capt. Andrej A. Timoreev
Commanding Officer,
USS Attar

//ATTACHMENT// Full Report: Exploration Survey Alpha-7190 Sector
//ATTACHMENT// Engineering Report: Status of USS Attar
//ATTACHMENT// Historical and sociological analysis of XP-0190 civilizations

//ATTACHMENT// Report: current deployment all-class probes Alpha-7190 Sector

3 Likes

To: CAPT Timoreev, A.
CC: ~~
Subj: RE: Reporting back

Welcome back, Andrej!

You are granted the leave you have requested. Please let Captain Varley know that DS13 will be expecting additional people.

Please come and see me when you are back; it has truly been a long time!

Warmest Regards,

//SIGNED//
Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Samuel Bishop, PhD
Executive Officer, 38th Fleet ‘Argo’

3 Likes