To: Sideris/From: Hinez | SUBJ: Zelvan-Tiyanki Conflict Update

To: CMDR Sideris ( @Calyx )
CC:
Subj: Zelvan-Tiyanki Conflict Update

Commander, I took an Ill-timed break at the Embassy Bar and stumbled upon a diplomatic…issue?

Delegates from the Tiyanki came to speak with Captain Tungsten in regards to diplomatic efforts to prevent war between their people and the Zelvans.

Though peace was on the horizon with their people following tense relations, the Delegates of the Tiyanki admit that their forces preemptively sabotaged or booby-trapped several Zelvan Vessels.

Sabotage and Explosive were set to detonate on command should an incursion occur, actions taken to prevent overwhelming defeat, a knee-jerk reaction from the Tiyanki Government due to a former conflict between the two that ended poorly for the Tiyanki.

The Hierarch revealed this information on good faith, though expressed interest NOT to divulge this to the Zelvans, less it sparks further incident, and hinder the diplomatic process. Captain Tungsten expressed dismay on how best to avert any troubles between the faction, without revealing the Zelvan ships were sabotaged. The Hierarch suggested possible amendments to the treaty which would reduce the Zelvan’s military, but the Captain feels that may be a hard sell.

Captain Tungsten was able to request a list of all the Zelvan Ships that were sabotaged, to be used as point of suggestion in negotiations, or to help further resolve thing ambically for both governments.

There was also talks of acquisition of a an arms manufacture known as Speare, which would maintain sales, but control the market away from criminals, and a Tiyanki faction known as Tiy’s Revenge (a Tiyanki Rebellion Group), to which the Tiyanki Government would need to disavow to maintain diplomatic relations with the Zelvan.

Again, this will teach me to try and enjoy a break away from my work station. I wanted to report this information before it hit official channels, and incase information was…omitted. Captain Tungsten did well I thought in his handling of the revelation that amidst peace talks, one side was already prepping for war. I haven’t been read in on any of the prior occurrences, but given they are dealing with a critical violation of trust, sabotage of multiple ships, and potential loss of life, it sounded like something we might get drafted into.

I did not make any contact with any attendee’s, and I didn’t have the proper equipment to do a flash download of the ship manifest given to Captain Tungsten, so for now I’ll pretend like I wasn’t there or didn’t hear anything. But just to be on the safe side, ill start research on the two factions…just incase we get a call.

//SIGNED//
Lt.Cmdr Maze Hinez
Intelligence Officer,
Deep Space 13 (38th Fleet Argo)

//ATTACHMENT// None

4 Likes

To: LCDR Hinez (@Maikull )
Subj: Re: Zelvan-Tiyanki Conflict Update

Commander Hinez,

Captain Tungsten has been tasked with organizing a response to the Zelvan/Tiyanki conflict and is operating with this office’s full support. If this information is accurate, adding more personnel to assist may be appropriate. I have granted you access to the official datastore for the task force. Please review the data and contact Captain Tungsten to offer your assistance.

//SIGNED//
CMDR Noah Sideris
Chief Intelligence Officer, Deep Space 13
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

//ATTACHMENT// zeltiy.dat

3 Likes