TO: Task Force Argo Commands - Crystalline Conference

TO: Task Force Argo Commands
SUBJECT: Crystalline Conference

To all recipients,

I am sure that the sector-block alerts of recent weeks have not escaped anybody's notice. The Tholian presence within - and emerging sporadically from - the Azure nebula has been a hindrance to both military and merchant shipping alike, and Tholian activities planet-side have caused trouble for colonial projects all across the sector. But following the assault on Starbase 234 (SD 90874), the destruction of the colony on Beta Kriana IV (SD 90886.9) and the Battle of Carraya (SD 90893.4), I consider it would be wise to upgrade the threat level presented by Tholian forces across the quadrant. Their alliance with a Cosmozoan entity presented a clear and present danger to all inhabited worlds within the Sector block.

But we know fairly little of the Tholian species, despite the hundreds of years we have known of their existance. Their intentional isolation policies in addition to their extreme environmental requirements have prevented much of their technological base from becoming known to Federation science, and accurate methods of identifying and intercepting Tholian transmissions are still in developmental stages. I know that, individually, many personnel both within the 26th fleet and beyond have made studies into aspects of Tholian technology, biology and behaviour; but currently we lack much in the way of a cohesive oversight.

Therefore, the 26th Fleet are calling a conference for any and all interested parties to attend; be they military, technical or scientific, to discuss, analyse and collate available knowledge that our fleets have collected relating to Tholian forces and activities and those of their Cosmozoan allies. It is my hope that such conference will allow us to theorise the likely goals of this enigmatic species, and to determine faster and more accurate methods of identifying the times, goals and locations of their incursions outside of their usual borders. The Crystalline Entity attack on Beta Kriana IV also showed us that the Tholians have managed to strike some sort of alliance or bargain with these beings, one which needs to be evaluated to determine if the Tholians have indeed established dialogue with a form of life that Federation scientists so comprehensivey failed to communicate peacefully with in 2368. This conference should, with fortune, allow us to assess the astrometrics and sensor records taken from patrolling starships during known encounters and incursions, and collate them to determine any likely location/heading of other Cozmozoans that may potentially be active within the sector block

I am further calling on any individuals who may wish to address the conference on various aspects of strategy, technology or other relevant discoveries to submit proposals for their addresses prior to the commencement of the conference. Other addresses will likely be permitted during the process of the conference; but priority will be given to those who have scheduled ahead.

Signed,

CAPT Siana Prinn
USS Attenborough, [NCC-93585]
CO, Battle Group Echo
(This sounds cool. When is it?)
((In about an hours time))
(( My own fault, I put it up on the 26th Site Wednesday, then today came around and I suddenly reaslied I'd forgotten to sent Argo the invite I'd planned. >_< ))
((No worries~ There's always NEXT TIME! :d ))