TO: Task force officers | SUBJ: Tzenkethi and Hur'q

jdyPbAV.gif
Security Level 2 - Confidential

TO Task force officers
CC -
FROM CAPT Cynis

SUBJ Tzenkethi and Hur'q

Honorable officers and allies,

Five days ago, a large battle was fought in the Bajor system, where joint Alliance, Tzenkethi and Dominion force successfully defeated a surprise Hur'q attack. As it turns out, Tzenkethi were targeting planets with special germanium crystal formations which housed insectoid species, the Drantzuli. These Drantzuli were simply the guardian force which protected Hur'q vessels hidden deeper within planets' crusts.
All of Hur'q vessels were frigate-sized swarmers - quick, agile but fragile, their only weapon is some kind of plasma cutter which ignores shields but has limited range. Their only real strength was the superior numbers. Utilizing speed to keep enemies at the distance, torpedo spread attacks and area control tactics as plasma venting, gravity wells or tractor repulsors are all effective countermeasures against these vessels.
This brings me to the issue at hand - Ventraxian military council has informed me that they have found large germanium crystal deposits on their colonies of Softsoil and Blossom (latter is now under Breen control). Two days ago series of earthquakes hit both planets, originating from those deposits. Following the already established process, we can expect Drantzuli appearances on the planet's surface, and then the launch of H'urq vessels.
General Xvisj also noted that he has sent a delegation of officers and scientists to the Crossroads Terminal, with the samples of the germanium crystal, in hopes to find foreign experts who would help them utilize the crystal's capabilities. This puts the entire trading station at risk.

Mysti, Egzo - grab whoever is available and head to the Crossroads terminal post haste and check on the situation. Act as you see fit if Drantzuli are freed and start wreaking havoc, otherwise inform the Ventraxian mission lead, Colonel Zysk, of the imminent danger. I am heading back to Softsoil colony to reinforce the defenses.

Another important warning - while Tzenkethi Coalition has signed a truce with the Alliance, Intelligence believes that not all of the Tzenkethi commanders are willing to abide by this agreement. There is discontent among Tzenkethi military ranks and we can expect some of their task groups to continue with their hunt on the Drantzuli and Hur'q, without any regard to the local authorities.

That is all for now.

Lots of success,

//SIGNED//
CAPT Sadia Cynis
Commander of task force Hurq Mevik
4 Likes
jdyPbAV.gif

TO CAPT Cynis
CC Tabadi Mysti, CAPT Egzo
FROM LT B'Atar

SUBJ RE: Tzenkethi and Hur'q

The Hur'q? Last I heard these thieving baktag were extinct! Or at least driven back into hiding deep in the Gamma Quadrant or something. But right under our noses in the Alpha Quadrant? I thought Starfleet were supposed to be legendary trailblazers and explorers? How did they miss this the whole time? How did we miss it?

I want in on this mission. If these Ha'DIbaH are really related to the Hur'q then this time we'll wipe them and their masters out for good. It would be quite an experience to face the ancient enemy of my people. I wonder if they'll live up to the legends. Our technology has grown thousandfold since the Hur'q invasion, if they're still using the same ships and relying on basic swarm tactics this is going to be one short war.

And if they turn out to be something random, well, it's always fun to fight new enemies. Since these ones rely on speed and maneuverability, you'll want the San'leth along.

//SIGNED//
T3rrNEI.jpg
Sogh B'Atar
I.K.S. San'leth
3 Likes
jdyPbAV.gif

TO CAPT Cynis
CC Tabadi Mysti, LT B'Atar
FROM CAPT Egzo

SUBJ RE: Tzenkethi and Hur'q

For real? I always figured the Hur'q were just old stories, or some rival Klingon tribe, grown in the tellin'. Then again, I used to think that about the Fek'lhri, and then they turned up a few years back.

Like B'Atar says, knife fightin' against other small fast ships is what Hag'lhr was built for. (Well, that and rippin' the bellies out of fat slow freighters.) I'll round up whoever else is in dock and get out there right now. Let you know what we find when we get there.

//SIGNED//

Captain Egzo
I.K.S. Hag'lhr
3 Likes