TO: VADM Perim & Khre'Riov Rellir | From: Captain Quint | Subj: Azedi Fleet monitoring

BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate

TO <VADM Perim; RDML Konieczko; Khre'Riov Rellir>
CC <>
FROM CAPT Emery Quint
SUBJ Azedi Fleet monitoring
SyNafYV.png

Greetings,

To once again lead off, a quote “Rouse him, and learn the principle of his activity or inactivity. Force him to reveal himself, so as to find out his vulnerable spots.”― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

There is wisdom in this line then as there is now. We know very little about how the Azedi Confederacy Fleet operates, deploys, or even its numbers. We have had it brought up on many occasions that several officers do not feel the Azedi fleet is very large. I myself am willing to put its numbers at barely 100. To that end I would like to propose a solution to this delima. If we were toi utilise some energy signature mapping and cloaked vessels, we could literally ID and stalk Azedi ships from a more than safe distance. While teaching us much in terms of their general Fleet operations and a better picture of their fleet size, it will also tell us something about their military mindset. If limited in resources, they would be more willing to avoid combat under certain circumstances. This would provide us with not only military intel but also useful information moving forward diplomatically.

The process itself would be simple, assigning possibly three Republic or Federation ships to loiter in various known lanes to track and ID energy signatures. Then after a preset period of time, those same craft would start checking worlds and sectors, loggin reappearances of the know craft and IDing new ones. Obviously more ships would equal a faster process but I don't see how this would not tax our situation.

Furthermore I have been operating the Victory's battle computer with all the available sensor logs and data, adjusting and accounting for possible Azedi firing solutions. I expect to have test results with upper nineties success rates in the next week. I'm constantly updating the existing programs and hope that our risk upon engagement with be near zero. The Azedi ships have glaring weaknesses, and little by little exploiting them will become easy. In all truth leading to another quote to close on.

“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

//SIGNED//
Emery Quint
Captain USS Victory
38'th Fleet Taurus Squadron
10 Likes