Transfer Request.

To: CMDR Brex, S.J.
CC: CAPT Lyn, Isadora
Subj: Transfer Request

Good morning, sir,

I have been Deep Space 13’s Squadron Leader for a while now, and it has been an educational experience, if not always pleasurable. Delta shift are all capable fliers, and it’s been rewarding leading them and watching their capabilities grow.

With that said, I am ready to set out to the systems beyond. I am formally requesting a transfer to the USS Minerva. CAPT Lyn has been a mentor to me over the past month, and I have already spoken to her about the transfer. The transfer request, with her signed approval, is attached. It just needs yours, should you approve.

I would also like to recommend LTJG Kasi Kuhl, who is the current Wing Commander for Delta Squadron, for promotion to Squadron Leader. She is a dedicated leader and capable pilot, and I think will do well in my stead.

I would also like to make a final plea to adjust our policy for when and why we scan incoming ships for contraband. My previous pleas fell on the deaf ears of your predecessor. I believe we need to be scanning all incoming ships for contraband ESPECIALLY all non-Starfleet ships, using our fighter squadrons. This costs us nothing and provides both invaluable training to our pilots and drastically improves both the safety and security of this station and follow on destinations these ships may be destined for. Please see my drafted policy and SOP changes attached as well.

//SIGNED//
LT Alariya K. Tzedek
Squadron Leader,
Deep Space 13

//ATTACHMENT// transferrequest-AlariyaTzedek.ext
//ATTACHMENT// DRAFT-TACSOP-IncreasedScanningChanges.ext
//ATTACHMENT// DRAFT-StationPolicy7107A-ScanAllShipsLanguage.ext

4 Likes

To: CMDR Brex, S.J.
CC: CAPT Lyn, Isadora
Subj: Transfer Request

Good morning, sir,

Just bumping this to the top of your inbox as I haven’t heard back. I just need your approval to make my transfer official.

//SIGNED//
LT Alariya K. Tzedek
Squadron Leader,
Deep Space 13

//ATTACHMENT// transferrequest-AlariyaTzedek.ext

1 Like

To: LT Tzedek, A. K.
CC: CAPT Lyn, I.; CAPT Varley, L.
Subj: Your Subject Line

Lieutenant,

I appreciate your dedication and service as Squadron Leader at Starbase 13. Your request for transfer to the USS Minerva, along with CAPT Lyn’s approval, has been noted and is under consideration. While I am unable to approve your transfer, as that would normally be the purview of the XO, I have copied in Captain Varley for her approval in the absence of an assigned officer.

Regarding your recommendation for LTJG Kasi Kuhl’s promotion to squadron leader, I acknowledge her capabilities and will review her performance records before making a decision. As I had stated on my message to the department I want to ensure we have our best people in the best places, and your recommendation will be included in that consideration.

As for the policy adjustment on scanning incoming ships, I understand your concerns about station security. I will examine the proposed policy and SOP changes closely and discuss them with the relevant departments. The consideration of scanning vessels under our STC purview in an active manor will incur a potential legal ramification if such scans are deemed unnecessary, this may be why the idea hadn’t been taken forward before, however I will try allay your concerns.

The passive STC scanners are more than adequate for the vast majority of potential security concerns, however using the fighter squadron to quarantine a potential threatening vessel in our near space would be a viable use of these resources. I shall discuss this with the squadron leader and work out some plans should such an eventuality be necessary.

Thank you for your commitment to the safety and efficiency of our operations. Should your transfer be approved, I wish you all the best with your posting aboard the Minerva.

//SIGNED//
Commander Saun Jay Brex
Chief Operations Officer,
Deep Space 13

1 Like