Tropify Yer Characterz

Blame Skyler for this one: Tropify Your Character! The thread where we conceed that we're not as creative as we think we are. Here are a few pages to get you started, but know that these are only the tip of the iceberg and if you dare delve too deep you may find yourself wondering just when the sun came back up.

For the retention of what little sanity we have, and because there's always plenty of grey ares, what's say we put a hard limit of 5 Tropes per Character. Trust me, you'll thank me for that.

RAZOR
Don't Call Me Sir
Allergic to Routine
The Casanova
Extreme Omnisexual
Determinator
HASSIRI
The Medic
Nice Guy
Third Person Person
Stepford Smiler Type A
Plucky Comic Relief
RA'JIRADH
Satellite Character
Third Person Person
Officer & Gentleman
Jack of All Trades
The Leader Type IV
RILES
Slasher Smile
Bad Boss
Diabolical Mastermind
Genius Bruiser
Complete Monster
Alright, I said limit five, but I'm throwing in a sixth with an all of the above clause: Only One Name.

Your turn~

...w...wait. I could have sworn it was 9:15 just a few minutes ago...
Areyis

The Stoic
Nerves of Steel
No social skills
Socially Awkward Hero
Brutally Honest
>____> You'rehorrible,Razor.

CHASSY S. QUAEN
The Symbiote ( A gimme)
Workaholic
Iron Lady (Wannabe, anyway.)
Kuudere
Loophole Abuse(r)
NETHALI RYBA ASTER
What The Hell Is That Accent
Hard Drinking Party Girl
Good Bad Girl
Cute Bruiser
Jerk With A Heart Of Gold
Too funny. But most of the tropes end up being too extreme one way or another for me to call it a really good fit for Katriel. So I gotta bend Razor's 5-only rule a little (or ... a lot >_> ).

KATRIEL
The Confidant (my gimme)
Workaholic
Combo The Social Expert and Skilled But Naive
Combo Nice Guy (girl) and Spirited Young Lady
Combo The Empath and Foil.
I hate you. I thought it was a quarter to 7 not too long ago!

I found 6

Yvlie
Ensign Newbie
New Meat
Military Brat
Generation Xerox
Military Academy
I did what I had to do
Here we go!

Fabian Lynch:

Bold Explorer
Heroic BSOD
Must Make Her Laugh
Reluctant Warrior
Chivalrous Pervert
The Heart
This was fun. I'll have to look up stuff for Wrot'Ka later.

Captain Dewey:

Born In The Wrong Century
Married To The Job
Knight Errant
Tragic Hero
Improbable Age
We need some serious intervention. Look at all these workaholics!
I think we are going to be working Kat overtime. I think we all have issues :)
The moment you call it 'work', it's time to look for another job! :thumb:

And I'm positively sure that Kat would like another round with A'Printa. Heck, clear the whole afternoon! But, I digress... :p
Issues make characters more interesting. If you have issues, you're welcome to make an appointment with Kat to work on "solving" them, but I have to admit... as a player, I don't really WANT to solve your problems because then your character has less to play with. (i'mabadcounselor)

Thus I like it when everyone is distinctly in "struggling with it" mode. Also, I tend to like making recovery regimens that would just result in more RP. XP

Anyway, we're using the trope "workaholic", rather than specifying that they're actually (process addicted) workaholics. Real workaholism is characterized by an irresistible need to work because that's the only place in which a person feels like they get approval, among other things. Most of our officers don't have this problem... I don't think... >_>

Nevertheless, if you all want a recovery plan, fine.

MORE MANDATORY RECREATIONAL ENGAGEMENT FOR EVERYONE!!!1
Technically, as a councilor, you're only required to provide counsel. All you need to do is listen. We just talk at you and you ask us more questions until either we figure it out ourselves or one of us dies of old age. Either way, the only thing a councilor is is there. It's all up to the individual doing the talking.
I wonder if Kat has looked into the whole "How to help Vulcans" alleyway.

:roll:
Actually, yes! It took her (me) a while, but we collectively do have An Idea for you. I'm just waiting for an opportune moment to spring it.
Hard to limit to just five but here goes:

Captain Kell Tanis
Unwilling Roboticisation
Cursed with Awesome
What Have I Become
A blend of Honor Before Reason and Trying To Catch Me Fighting Dirty
Leader (mix of type 3 and 4)

Commander Jessica Williams
Unwilling Roboticisation
Cursed with Awesome
Loss Of Identity
Satellite Character
The Stoic (most of the time anyway)
By the way, after looking around on that site a bit, I recommend everyone take some time to browse it. These may be often used traits/plot devices, but there are so many of them that you're unlikely to create a character or story exactly the same as someone else as long as you use a bit of creativity. There's tons of plot fuel sitting on that site just waiting to fuel great stories and characters.
Kesin wrote:
There's tons of plot fuel sitting on that site just waiting to fuel great stories and characters.

There's a trope for that (by this point, are you surprised?)
A trope that might not be there, but I noticed that all "evil" faction colors are red and black. Imperials in Skyrim, Klingons, Sith, Terran Republic from Planetside 2... etc
Yvlie Bizc wrote:
A trope that might not be there, but I noticed that all "evil" faction colors are red and black. Imperials in Skyrim, Klingons, Sith, Terran Republic from Planetside 2... etc
There's a trope for that
I'm bumping this for all the new recruits, cause it's terribly fun and educational and maybe a little humbling. The summary: list five tropes that fit your character(s)! Check the first post by Razor to see what we mean.

(but yeah, do be careful that you're not starting this when you're supposed to be occupied with something else...)