Stardate: 94039.5
Security Level 2 - Confidential

TO LCDR Moon; LCDR Verlin; LT Lendaria; ENS Yalul; LTJG Hillboch; ENS Rawson
CC CMDR Everhart; CMDR Mandra; LCDR Kermit
FROM CMDR P'tok

SUBJ Unauthorized Transmission: Project Assignments
4OB3P0J.png

Dear Colleagues,

I have received word from CSO Everhart that I am to assume the role of project leader for the unauthorized transmission assignment. For the duration of this assignment, we will refer to this project as "PROJECT ELAUREAN" (since our ultimate goal is to "listen" to the audio file and translate it). I can be in the Science Lab during BETA shift this week if any of you would like to discuss this project in-person.

As such, the project assignments are as follows:

Propose how to determine the filtering effects of the subspace circuit panels on the communications array and how to improve our triangulation of the source and direction of the signal: ENS Yalul and LCDR Verlin
LCDR Moon has suggested that the communications equipment may have caused the audio signal to be filtered in a way that removes all frequency information above 7kHz. By determining the Z-transform (the transfer function of the subspace circuit panel system), we will be able to measure how the subspace circuit panels changed the audio signal.

Propose how to best implement an algorithm to improve the quality of the audio file: CMDR P'tok; ENS Yalul; LTJG Hillboch; ENS Rawson

Propose how the translation needs to improve: LCDR Moon and LT Lendaria
It is possible that the phonology of this language differs in some way. How does the audio signal impact your analysis? Are there spectral features that need to be present in order to translate the audio signal more accurately?

As per CMDR Everhart's instructions: "...the overall goal is to develop a proposal that accomplishes both goals; refine the translation and narrow down a location." I would like your project segment proposals as soon as possible so that I can draft one single document for DS13 leadership. If you have any other ideas regarding PROJECT ELAUREAN, submit them to me with your project segment proposal.

Additionally, please view the attached communications should you need to become familiarized with previous work on PROJECT ELAUREAN.

I have complete faith in our ability as a team to conquer this problem and devise a formidable scientific solution! Send me your preliminary proposals in the next week. Until then, jagh yIbuStaH! (Concentrate on the enemy!)

//SIGNED//
CMDR P'tok
Senior Researcher, Deep Space 13

//ATTACHMENT//
-Correspondence: Moon--P'tok
-Project Assignment: Unauthorized Transmission
-Report: Unauthorized Transmission Analysis (93873.7)
-Spectrographic Analysis of Audio Signal

OOC: Please PM me if you want to talk about this IC'ly so that I can plan my schedule accordingly.
10 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 94405.2
Security Level 1: Open
TO CMDR P'tok, CMDR Mandra, LCDR Verlin
CC CMDR Caspius, LCDR Kermit
FROM CAPT Thiessen
SUBJ. Re: Unauthorized Transmission: Project Assignments
4OB3P0J.png

Commanders,

I get the feeling this got lost in the shuffle after Commander Everhart was reassigned. I've left out tertiary team members so as not to flood inboxes unnecessarily.

Do we have any updates on this item? Consider this priority. I'd like updates and if we haven't made progress, project revision.

//SIGNED//
Captain Thiessen
Commanding Officer, Deep Space 13
6 Likes