Update on Assigned Tasks

To: CAPT Varley @Lauren
CC: -
Subj: Update on Assigned Tasks

Captain,

Forethought is always welcome in this department.

Regarding your first request, we’ll work with Operations to make sure we’re gathering the requisite manifest and travel log whenever possible from all our visitors. In practice, I anticipate it will make little difference in deflecting any incoming accusations; like us, the Klingons have trade agreements with a wide variety of non-native suppliers and singling out or denying merchants docking rights based on their port of origin would cause more harm than good to our relations with them, but a blanket request to all comers, even a gentle one, could work in our favor. Advertising the new policy the right way should give any troublemakers pause.

Regarding the second, my analysts traced the Kincardine’s path and checked to see if any charted ships or shuttles came near them, but came up empty. We extended the net to include the traffic picked up by any Federation or friendly vessels that might help us identify an uncharted ship of Klingon origin that crossed paths with them, but no luck there either. The Valkyrie and the Dallas have been relaying their sensor data to us as well, but we don’t have anything definitive yet. We’ll keep you posted if we receive any new information.

//SIGNED//
CMDR Noah Sideris
Chief Intelligence Officer, Deep Space 13
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

3 Likes

To: CMDR Sideris, N. (@Calyx)
CC:
Subj: Re: Update on Assigned Tasks

I appreciate the insight, commander. My objective is to be pre-emptive, in the hope that by knowing who’s coming in and out of our facilities we can guess at who might take an issue. But I’ll admit that might be a tactical approach, not an intelligence one. If you’ve got suggestions on how we might prepare ourselves for potential commerce disputes, I’m all ears.

Finding a trace of the Kincardine through intelligence on the Klingons is a long shot, but better we try and pull up an empty basket than miss something. Keep me in the loop.

//SIGNED//
Captain Lauren Varley
Commanding Officer, Deep Space 13
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

3 Likes

To: CAPT Varley @Lauren
CC: -
Subj: Re: Update on Assigned Tasks

Captain,

We have received word from the Valkyrie that they have located ion trails near the Betreka Nebula. The ion trails indicate five different vessels and one of those trails corresponds to the emissions of a Type 11 shuttle like the Kincardine. Their analyst posits the possibility of Nausicaan destroyers. Mine have reviewed the data and see no reason to disagree.

The trails lead into the nebula. The Valkyrie is holding outside the nebula requesting backup from the rest of the task force prior to entry. I’ll advise when have an update.

//SIGNED//
CMDR Noah Sideris
Chief Intelligence Officer, Deep Space 13
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

2 Likes