Vector

TO: RADM Perim, CMDR North, CAPT Freeman;
RE: URGENT: Distress call from SS Kihai

Sirs:

I have decoded a message that came through the standard DS13 Communications Array at the top of the hour. The message was routed to me because it used standard RSE protocols that haven't been in use since the 24th century. The message reads as follows:

CAPTAIN FREEMAN || DS13 || SS KIHAI || MEDICAL DISTRESS || CREW DISABLED || SITUATION CRITICAL || CARRYING SURVIVORS FROM CIVILIAN FEDERATION TRANSPORT VASILIKI || VIRULENT CROSS-SPECIES ANTIMETABOLIC AGENT || USE ENVIRONMENTAL SUITS WITH CONTAINED AIR SUPPLY || SHIELDS DOWN || RESEARCH LOGS UNLOCKED || WATER THE PLANTS

For the Republic,
SCDR Aurelia t'Veras

--

When: I'll start this up once slots are full or I can't bear to wait any longer. :) This event takes place in the space-time anomaly known as plot convenience - once the event is complete we can put it into the current timeline. ICly, the whole encounter should take 24-48 hours.

Where: Forum RP

What: I'm looking for 1-5 players for a single ship medical rescue/recovery mission from DS13 to assist the SS Kihai. There will be problems to solve for engineering, tactical and science/medical types, though sections may be trimmed/expanded depending upon the interests of the participants. Could definitely use a captain! But I think I can make almost any combination work.

OOC point of contact: @epicalyx

--

Notes:

Alts welcome!

If you go quiet for more than 48 hours without warning, the story shall contrive to move you along. I try to avoid the Rock On Head method, but the right is reserved.

I prefer to retain control over all NPCs, but if, for the sake of expediency, you wish to include reactionary dialogue or action, just toss me a PM for approval.

In the unlikely event that there is player vs. player physical conflict, those conflicts will be resolved between the players themselves in the OOC thread. I will make suggestions, hint at potential outcomes, and, if necessary, make a binding decision regarding the final disposition.

Just reply here if you are interested with your character/specialty! If you have an extended bio or something you'd prefer to keep private, feel free to PM the extra data, too. Thanks!
4 Likes
I'm thinking of trying out an alt concept for this one. I've been thinking about rolling an android ever since we lost Andria, so I think I'll give that a shot. I'm thinking science officer, though it can probably sub in for medical if needed.
1 Like
I'd love to but I don't think I can :'(, unless you're okay with me using an alt?
Of course, alts would be awesome! I know it's hard to fit Forum RP into the busy day-to-day of live RP. I think alts would probably be easier for most. Bring an alt. :-D
Whoo ^_^ I think I've already shown her to you.
<.< Are we speaking of S'tara?
I'm game. You can put down Konie and/or the doc as needed.
If there's room for a tactical officer, I'd like to send Chassy along.
Oh no my andorian :3 don't worry I wouldn't bring along an admiral.
Aurelia wants to come if there's room.
Ok, this is fantastic! We have Captain Konieczko to supply intrepid Captaining and also an assault cruiser (with its complement of redshirts), Krann's Andorian physician who is mostly not crazy, Sophist's AI character to do math and Aurelia's hypercompetent intelligence officer to read the labels on things. I AM EXCITED! I'll open this up tonight if we don't get anymore signups; elsewise, tomorrow morning. Thanks, guys!
Don't forget Chassy!
GASP, I did forget Chassy! I'm so sorry. There is definitely room for a tactical officer, and that completes the crew. I will open the game tonight.
That's okay if there's not room! GMing is hard, and I don't want to make it harder!
Pleeeease don't take away my only tactical officer! ;.; Five is perfect!
1 Like