Want to create world maps?

Not sure where the best place for this is, so I've put it here.

If you've seen the Vayt dossier, you might have also seen the Vayttian maps that I've made of the planet, which, if I may say so, are pretty awesome.

Now, this isn't down to my amazing artistic skills (hah!), but actually, due to this amazing tool:

Azgaar's Fantasy Map Generator.

I've put a credit to it at the bottom of the dossier under resources, but I feel that this needs an actual thread so it can be broadcast far and wide! Especially now, since the generator has been updated to create full 3D globes - perfect for creating planets!

In a nutshell, the tool generates fantasy maps. Whilst this is more suited for fantasy and tabletop creations (and is totally geared for that, creating races, religions, states, towns, etc) with enough tinkering, it can be used to create planetary maps that some people may find handy for their dossier creations. It's not the most easiest tool to use, and it does take a (short) while to get used to it. But I really think it's an amazing tool to use and it can create powerful and beautiful maps. And best of all, it's totally free!

If you do use it, let me know what you think of it!

(oh and a hint, if you use it, make sure you save regularly!)
3 Likes
Sam,

I saw this when you posted your Vayt content last week (or before..?), and I must say, when I get around to my G'ab-dad and Aloman world creating, this is definitely going to be one of my resources :)

Thanks for sharing it for everyone - I'm sure I won't be the only one to use this.
1 Like