We Were Right

To: LT Aev (@Aev)
Subj: We Were Right

As it turns out, our suspicions are confirmed. I noticed a discrepancy in the appearance that turned out to be improper composition of paint. I am soliciting the opinion of an expert in this matter, but my tricorder suggests that the painting delivered to my quarters is a forgery.

We must find the insect that dares perpetrate such a heinous act. They must be dragged into the light and thrown into prison. The sheer unmatched hubris to violate such a vital event.

They can run, but they cannot hide. The state sees all.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Valore
Adjutant,
Office of the Admiralty

6 Likes

To: LCDR Valore
Subj: RE: We Were Right

The power outage did seem suspicious. I’ve been ordered to help Starfleet’s investigation however I can, seeing that I was at the gala last night. Motive is my main question here. Just theft? Something else?

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Aev
Intelligence Officer
RRW D’Ishae

5 Likes

To: LT Aev (@Aev)
Subj: RE: RE: We Were Right

If I had to guess, I would first arrive at the conclusion that it was intended to be a diplomatic embarrassment for the Federation in its dealings with its allies. Failing that, the intent of a presently unknown second party to send us a message. Failing that, a practical joke that will end terribly for the conspirators.

I think the first two are worth investigating. Remember how I mentioned the Romulan ring during that trifle with the senator? I think investigating similar ways and means is worthwhile.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Valore
Adjutant,
Office of the Admiralty

5 Likes

To: LCDR Valore
Subj: RE: We Were Right

I’ll be keeping an eye out with my normal contacts. The art has to turn up somewhere, after all. If I find anything I’ll be sure to pass it along.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Aev
Intelligence Officer
RRW D’Ishae

5 Likes