Work hard, play hard

KDF and allies celebrate their victory over the Sheliak fleet as the peace talks start…

Shift Time: Sunday, March 14, Alpha +0

Audience: KDF and allies

Event Type: Social RP

Starting Point: Fleet starbase

(Event GM: @gulremal)

Victory!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> The Targ’s Pit is in full celebratory mode, as tables are filled with foods and drinks. Many KDF and allied officers are already carousing, talking about the latest battle.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> The walls of the establishment have been redone and now there are murals and paintings of many space battles against the breen, cardassians, even hirogen and tholians.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> One part of the wall is empty, as if waiting for new piece of art to be added.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: raises hands in greetings Egzo, Vali, glad you could join us!

Aestae Vali@crystyll returns the wave, “Hey. So this is how you guys party, eh?”

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods to the newcomer, and raises a mug of bloodwine in her general direction.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “Whenever we can, or got a good reason, yeah.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: “Well, there are also feats of strength, friendly duels, drinking contests and so on. Though I must admit, it was a long time since we had an official celebration.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: to Vali How do you folks celebrate at the OSN?

[Local] Aestae Vali@crystyll: “Less duels and feats of strength, more group baths and dancing as rule”

Egzo@HF_Mudd makes a face. “Ehhh, I’ll stick with this.”

Egzo@HF_Mudd drains his mug, and refills it from the fountain.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Dancing is great! I just prefer to watch, as I lack any real talent for it. Sword dancing still a thing?

[Local] Aestae Vali@crystyll: “Not exactly an everyday thing, but I’ve known a few pro dancers who train in it, yeah”

NPK@annpc#557 | An older Klingon steps into the bar, wearing rather elaborate clothes (for a Klingon) accompanied by a large sash.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: It requires a lot of skill and talent. not to mention it’s almost impossible to get original Botchok blades anymore.

[Local] Aestae Vali@crystyll: “Yeah, the real skilled bladedancers can work with all sorts though. Needs must I guess. Saw one using a bat’leth once, that was… something”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: turns to the newcomer Ah! Our chief diplomat! Join us for the bloodwine, Lorgath!

NPK@annpc#557 | Lorgath grins and steps over to the bloodwine, “I would never miss out on a celebration! Though my part in this conflict is only just starting…”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: nods Did the Sheliak already start giving you headaches?

NPK@annpc#557 | Lorgath laughs, “From the moment they got here! These people make Federation bureaucracy look like my grandson’s homework, and I’m talking about the one that’s barely six!”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I heard station’s chief engineer almost went berserk when she heard Sheliak’s requirements for their temporary embassy.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “ugh. I got enough trouble lookin’ after a buncha rowdy mercs … and I /still/ wouldn’t trade jobs with ya for enough latinum t’ fill this.”

Egzo@HF_Mudd gestures at the fountain, as he takes a deep swig from his mug

NPK@annpc#557 | Lorgath fills up a mug and takes a swig as well, “And I thought I was cut out for this job.” He shakes his head, “But these Sheliak are something else. I don’t know what’s harder, talking with them, or keeping the other negotiators from lunging at them with a d’k tagh in frustration!”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: However, seems that our lawmakers at home will also by quite busy for a while. Despite all the hubbub with J’ula, House of Martok pushed for the changes to the anti-slavery laws and revision of all regulations for the prison facilities within the Empire.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: to Lorgath Yes, Sheliak are prone to provoking such reactions.

NPK@annpc#557 | Lorgath chuckles, "That they are. And civil conflict’s always a good time to enact change. Easier than arguing in the Great Hall and making backroom deals and everything else you need to do to please the politicians for some policy changes to go through. If you push for reforms in the middle of a civil war, chances are by the time you win, everyone who opposed you have either been killed on the battlefield or in exile. And most Klingons prefer fighting their enemy to talking with them.

[Local] Aestae Vali@crystyll: “Backroom deals and killing polititians? You make it sound so… Romulan! What fun!”

NPK@annpc#557 | Lorgath: “Politics is the same everywhere, even in the Klingon Empire. We just have less backstabbing and more open duels and feuds.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: The only difference being that romulans have to do it - what he said.

NPK@annpc#557 | Lorgath: “Of course, every once in a while we get some dishonourable taHqeq who’s more Romulan than Klingon. Duras, Torg, the likes. As I said, happens in every government. Even the Feds have it, like back during the first Khitomer Accords. They just try to keep it quiet and hope everyone else doesn’t notice or forgets about it.”

[Local] Aestae Vali@crystyll: “Makes sense. And I guess it’s more involved that just solving everything with an ‘honourable duel’ or whatever it is you guys do”

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods, listening and drinking.

NPK@annpc#557 | Lorgath chuckles, “Aye. Every diplomat hopes everything can be solved with an honourable duel, but politics is complicated. I suppose that’s one good thing about the Sheliak.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Before we continue…let’s do the official part of the celebration.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: clears her throat ATTENTION!

Egzo@HF_Mudd doesn’t stand to, but he does look over.

Aestae Vali@crystyll turns to watch.

NPK@annpc#557 | Lorgath looks over as well.

NPK@annpc#557 | As does the NPC B’Atar who was totally celebrating in the background all along…

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Din of the chatter dies out as the officers from all over the bar turn towards the center.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: It’s been a while since we had a proper celebration like this, despite many battles we’ve had in the last year. We defeated the local True Way forces and their Hirogen lackeys, liberated locals from Breen rule, we even fought the H’urq and lived to tell the tale.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: All the deeds worthy of song, and of recognition!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Let us recognize these heroes amoung us, so we may all share in their glory, and follow in their footsteps!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Commander B’atar, step forward!

NPK@annpc#557 | B’Atar steps up from the gathered Klingons.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Commander, your legend grows even further! Like a finely polished blade, you move through our enemies, cutting them down with utmost precision and zeal. Yet you never falter to adhere to the Heart of Virtue, maintaining the balance that makes a true warrior! For this, I award you the Medal of Valor. May you remain an inspiration for us all!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: pins the medal to her sash

Egzo@HF_Mudd claps in the Klingon fashion.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: https://i.etsystatic.com/8622318/r/il/c3574a/507205790/il_794xN.507205790_bmnd.jpg

Aestae Vali@crystyll cheers!

NPK@annpc#557 | B’Atar grins, “It’s my honour to fight under your command, Captain!”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: nods to B’atar The honor is mine. You’ve earned this.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> As B’atar moves away, Sadia calls for around a dozen more KDF officers…

[Later…]

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: And now, just a couple of more, a sweet for the end, so to speak.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Captain Egzo! Hope you are not too drunk to come here mister!

Egzo@HF_Mudd blinks, and is shoved forward by the boisterous crowd.

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks surprised for a moment, before he puffs himself up as expected.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Now, if someone told me, some, what, six years ago, that I will be doing this, I’d laugh them out of the room.

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks wary at THAT preamble…

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: However, this guy here, he’s one of the craziest SOBs I’ve seen in my life

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Whether it’s all the loot he’s looking forward too, or just a itch to make someone’s day very very painful, he’s the one of the first to pounce on the enemy and hit 'em where it hurts

Egzo@HF_Mudd grins and nods along to the crowd’s cheers, jeers and laughter

Egzo@HF_Mudd shouts, "All of the above!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Therefore, it’s with great pleasure, that I present you with the Starfire medal of bad-ass courage. pins it to one of the armor’s spikes. carefully

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: https: //www.therpf.com/forums/attachments/sfm1-600x705-jpg.877494/

Egzo@HF_Mudd replies more quietly, almost lost in the crowd noise: “Thanks, boss.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: nods Least I could do. grins You can get properly drunk now.

Egzo@HF_Mudd groans. “Oh, if only… I gotta whole 'nother party to get to.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Get to it, then.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “This one’s just the /start/, for the mercs, y’know?”

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “Little light drinkin’ ‘fore we get to the heavy drinkin’ and the really STUPID dares.”

NPK@annpc#557 | B’Atar laughs, “Your mercs do know how to party, don’t they!”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I can bet, just don’t get yourself killed, it would make me look quite stupid, eh?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “Not today, at least.”

Local]Sadia@gulremal: Excellent. And last one, for today, at least.

Egzo@HF_Mudd raises a fist to the crowd as he departs.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Elt Vali, step right up!

Aestae Vali@crystyll pauses mid sip and doubletakes, “Huh…” tentatively approaching.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: So, we have a new blood here! Well, new here, but expert in her craft! She’s been in a single battle with us, but what a battle it was!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: And I can think of at least couple of occasion where her actions have been instrumental in breaching enemy defenses and making their commander kneel before us in surrender!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Therefore, for those actions, I grant you the Medal of Victory! May your actions bring us all many more of those!

Sadia@gulremal: pins the medal to Vali’s uniform Congratulations. You impressed us all!

Aestae Vali@crystyll bows her head, “I am honoured. Thank you Captain” slinking away at the first opportunity.

Sadia@gulremal: https://i.etsystatic.com/8622318/r/il/74eda5/507208726/il_794xN.507208726_60j6.jpg

Sadia@gulremal: I will also make sure that Tabadi Lorri gets her Medal of Excellence, for her continuous support in multiple campaigns.

Sadia@gulremal: Aaaaand that’s the official part out of the way! Let’s get back to fun and games!

Sadia@gulremal: returns to the rest of the folks I always like that part.

NPK@annpc#557 | Lorgath: “Speaking of official, there is one thing you should know, Captain.”

Sadia@gulremal: Yes?

NPK@annpc#557 | Lorgath: “None of this is finalized as the treaty hasn’t been signed yet. The Sheliak are letting you keep all the salvage from the battle, as they agreed, but they insist on putting copy-rights on all their tech. Which means you can use the materials from the salvage, but you’re going to have to strip down any intact systems you find to base components and raw materials.”

NPK@annpc#557 | Lorgath: “They’ve been very insistent on this, and once the treaty is signed, any KDF ship sporting Sheliak tech can be seen as a violation.”

Sadia@gulremal: grumbles I guess we should have expected that.

Sadia@gulremal: In general, no reverse engineering of their tech.

NPK@annpc#557 | Lorgath: “Other than that, we haven’t negotiated anything that concerns your task force here…yet. I’ll keep you updated as it goes. We expect the negotiation can take anywhere from weeks to months. I expect this civil conflict back home’s going to end sooner.”

Sadia@gulremal: I wouldn’t bet on that yet. But keep me posted if Sheliak have any special demands regarding wejpuH tul.

NPK@annpc#557 | Lorgath: “Aye. They’ve been vying for colony rights in the Expanse, but we’ve not capitulated yet. They started this whole war, after all.”

Sadia@gulremal: Colonies? I mean, Expanse is free for all that can stand the heat - well, except our own claimed territories. But why the sudden interest, or have they been eyeing the area for expansion for a while? Seems a bit away from their main territory.

NPK@annpc#557 | Lorgath: “I don’t know. If it was anyone else, I’d say it’s a trick or leading into some other demand, but the Sheliak are known to be blunt and straightforward. Maybe there’s something here that interests them, or they just want to keep an eye on you to make sure their copy-rights are enforced.”

Sadia@gulremal: Well, we will scrap all of the ships before the negotiations are done anyway, so it wouldn’t be that. There must be something else.

NPK@annpc#557 | Lorgath: “We’ll see what we can find out. I contacted Intelligence and they have nothing, the Sheliak’s reclusiveness do work in their favour for negotiations.”

Sadia@gulremal: Yes, we know so little of them to actually have any idea what interests them. However, they might simply be looking for places to expand to keep up with their economy.

NPK@annpc#557 | Lorgath: “Possible. Unfortunately there’s no way for us to know what’s going on inside their own space.”

NPK@annpc#557 | Lorgath: “Anyways, I’ll keep you informed if there’s any other developments from the negotiations. Might be a while before something new comes up, at the pace they’re going.”

Sadia@gulremal: Not with the current situation. Wonder if we could find other ways to eavesdrop?

Sadia@gulremal: Very well, I’ll check on the other folks, see if there’s a good duel worth watching. to Vali Coming along?

Aestae Vali@crystyll: “I’m more of a lover than a fighter…”

NPK@annpc#557 | B’Atar chuckles, “Plenty of room for either at a party like this. Or both!”

Sadia@gulremal: With klingons, it tends to blend together, so to speak.

NPK@annpc#557 | B’Atar smirks, “That it does!”

NPK@annpc#557 | Lorgath finishes another mug of bloodwine, “Time for me to get back to preparing for the next round of negotiations. So. Much. Reading.”

Sadia@gulremal: to Lorgath Stay strong!

Sadia@gulremal: – SCENE END –

1 Like