Worlds Adrift Shipwright

Recently I've been playing Worlds Adrift, a sandbox early access game set on a shattered world of floating islands, and really having a blast designing and building skyships. This appeals to the part of me that also loves roleplaying a Star Trek engineer: iterating on the design of my ship, making little performance and efficiency tweaks, crafting and meticulously assembling all the various components, and then taking that ship out for a cruise across the skies.

Here's my latest creation, the Magnificent Bastard V.

Z9YVg4f.jpg
Spoiler: Profile viewShow
Kx9RT6z.jpg
Spoiler: Main deckShow
1DEnl7g.jpg
Spoiler: Engine room, aftShow
e38TCNh.jpg
Spoiler: Engine room, foreShow
3HUI1st.jpg
Spoiler: Sunset over a magnificent mustacheShow
iEhF1Ck.jpg
Spoiler: At the helmShow
BePBPgN.jpg
Spoiler: Inspecting the enginesShow
i4B3LnD.jpg
Spoiler: I'm taking the high road and avoiding the obvious punShow
qe1WcJi.jpg
7 Likes
So, Sivath, if you make a business letting people take night trips on that, will it be the flights and voyages of the star ship enterprise?
That mustache tho...
Well, it was fun while it lasted...

sE3au5U.jpg
5 Likes
IN MEMORIAM
MAGNIFICENT BASTARD VI

May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

btsjhjJ.jpg

I built the next iteration of my ship a while ago, but I've been busy and hadn't had time to put the screenshots together in an album. Then today, while harvesting some metal, it was attacked by pirates and destroyed. To commemorate the brief life of Magnificent Bastard VI, I present the following.

Spoiler: The Magnificent Bastard sails againShow
tDzS5xJ.jpg
Spoiler: Now with stylish, retro wood paneling!Show
bzBvHSM.jpg
Spoiler: Main deckShow
TbzxSPM.jpg
Spoiler: I added a little surprise for persistent pirates and neighborhood dogsShow
FD8TyrB.jpg
Spoiler: BridgeShow
io0Eqg8.jpg
Spoiler: Magnificent mustache: checkShow
PsEu1RT.jpg
Spoiler: Heading below decksShow
pGo8DFz.jpg
Spoiler: Engine room, aft -- that Atlas core is a BEASTShow
7PrbvdO.jpg
Spoiler: Engine room, fore -- fuel tank and storageShow
ELZEEAT.jpg
Spoiler: Port side enginesShow
N4iuHKp.jpg
Spoiler: DAT AFTShow
vl8us3c.jpg
Spoiler: Sailing at sunsetShow
JBd2n74.jpg
Spoiler: So... what do you think all these levers do?Show
0FGIweQ.jpg
Spoiler: Who's flying this bastard?Show
UwvZ21B.jpg
Spoiler: You and me against the storm, MBVI!Show
grq8gHc.jpg

Following these screenshots, I took the MBVI out for an attempt to cross a stormwall. These are nasty tier 2 challenges which, in addition to pushing your ship around with gusting winds, also strike you with lightning. It... did not go well. MBVI held together but I had to turn back and limp into port with three engines and half as much paneling. It was while gathering materials for repairs that pirates struck.

So long, VI. The lessons learned in our adventures will inform the design of your successor. Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... bastard.
1 Like
I've been taking a bit of a break from Worlds Adrift because my most recent creation, Magnificent Bastard VII, was set upon by pirates before I could even clear the island on which it was constructed. It didn't survive long enough to get any screenshots. The PvP aspects of the game have got me down, but in the mean time my son has been eager to take up the controls during my hiatus.

This is his first solo creation, which he has dubbed "The Eyer". I don't know what that means, but I'm very proud.

4rhP7nI.jpg
5 Likes