Worrying Intel

To: CAPT Varley, L.; GOV. Nimitz, A.
BCC: ADM Perim, N.
Subj: Worrying Intel

Sirs,

Sorry to bother you. Political just got hold of some worrying intel. I was looking into plotting terrorist movements when some data started to correlate. Several of our border patrol ships stopped reporting in at the neutral zone. With the incoming Dominion visit, I’m fearing that this is a way for them to get our guard down while their vanguard preps for invasion.

Now I’m not going to say we should jump to conclusions just yet. I understand that it’s not certain yet. So, if I may, I’d like to request that a ship (the Saratoga seems available) be given the vital duty of figuring out what exactly happened to our ships. Given the gravity of the situation, we need someone who knows what they’re doing. So I hope it isn’t overstepping for me to request that you, Captain Varley and Governor Nimitz, do this. With your resources and know-how, we can figure out what is going on. Preferably before the Dominion starts causing trouble for us.

//SIGNED//
LCDR Valore
Political Officer,
Tzenkethi Political Division

//ATTACHMENT//data.pdf

OOCOOC: Davin is the GM!

3 Likes

To: LCDR Valore, S.
CC: ADM Perim, N., CAPT Remoi, J. (@XR-377)
Subj: Re: Worrying Intel

Esteemed Commander Valore,

Overstepping? Why, not in the slightest. I always enjoy our communications in the service of the Empire, and this latest intelligence does seem quite important indeed. Alas, Saratoga’s perceived availability is greatly overstated. 'Tis with solemn regret I must inform you that myself, my crew, and my vessel are occupied overseeing a complete retrofit (and summary post-installation rundown) of the auxiliary onboard sentient-resource convivial recuperation apertures throughout decks 7 and 12. Work has already commenced lest I would certainly reschedule it.

Thankfully there are many capable ships of our mighty and noble Starfleet, and thusly I have included the honourable Captain James Remoi to this message. I am certain he will be able to aid you in this vital task.

Long live the Empire!

//SIGNED//
Lady Lauren Varley,
Duchess of Montreal,
Captain of the I.S.S. Saratoga

2 Likes

To: LCDR Valore, S., CAPT Varley, L.
CC: ADM Perim, N.
Subj: Re: Re: Worrying Intel

While the I.S.S. Albion is in the 38th’s operational area we are more then able to lend an assist, if you need it. We are in the area for added boarder security as it stands, I see no reason why we can’t add your missing ship problem to our mission plan.

We stand ready to render aid. Forward any relevant data or parameters at your convenience, and consider the issue under investigation.

//SIGNED//
Honorable Captain J.R.
I.S.S. Albion

3 Likes