17 MAR: Shake, Rattle and (Barrel) Roll

It’s taken some time, but Captain Morton’s managed to resurrect an old hozonovel he discovered over three years ago. Somewhat of a passion project he’s spliced together what he could to reconstruct a stable, runnable complete program.

It’s without a further a do, the Captain hereby extends an open invitation to participate in the old Earth Noire detective serial; SHAKE, RATTLE AND (BARREL) ROLL. A promise of laughter, action and full on intrigue as participates must survive their way through what starts as just a simple, straight forward missing persons case.

Shift Time: Gamma // See Shift Schedule and Weekly Meetups for details.

Audience: Anyone and Everyone.

Attendance: OPEN - Anyone can attend on any character.

RP Format: Social // Part-Freeform // GM

Setting: Deep Space 13 // Holodeck 2

Starting Point: Discord Event

4 Likes

HOW WILL THIS WORK, COBY?

Good question, and as always, thank you for asking. Some important-ish? bits. I just like to spam the forums so really I’m just rambling because I like seeing the H3 font. Not sure if this is up many people’s street exactly, so some detail really for any who are.

CHAPTERS

All being well, this’ll be set up in chapters to ensure progression precision, not to overload and most importantly so people can dip out and in when they like! If you get bored - This also means if you want to take part, but can’t make this first chapter, always room to drop in on the next one and everyone can ICly update your character. If the desire is there, players can even swap holonovel characters in-between.

CHARACTER SHEETS

We’ll be following the traditional format of holoadventures as seen in the shows, so players will be given a set of character sheets to ICly choose between- meaning players can have their character choose to be an amazing actor, or a rubbish one! This will mean, however, SOME characters will be introduced as the scenes progress. I will ensure this means everyone involved is involved as soon as possible so you’re not just sat there, but something to bare in mind.

LIVE DISCORD EVENT

We’ll be hosting this on Discord, for the first two hours of the event players will be expected to respond and play through the scene as if present in-game and in real time, however if we end up overrunning in any way for this initial Chapter, we can move to the best part of Discord use, responses whenever players are able to.

YOUR INPUT PLEASE!

As we go through, there will be a lot of wiggle room for some free-form- but also creative input and advice/feedback is encouraged please!

5 Likes