38th Fleet 'Argo' Showcase Committee Needs You

Stardate:
Posted By:
CAPT Morton, C

THE 38th FLEET NEEDS YOU! DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO WORK IN A FAST PACED, VIBRANT ENTHUSIASTIC TEAM? DO YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF PLANNING THE BIGGEST EVENT OF THIS YEAR? IF THAT SOUNDS LIKE YOU SUBMIT YOUR INTEREST NOW!

The 38th Fleet Showcase Committee is looking for dedicated individual’s to help plan the event of the year. Collectively members will put together a showcase of the 38th Fleet, including squadron displays, on-site workshops and project conventions.

Working as part of a diverse collaborative team ideal candidates will be available to assist planning with (but not limited to):

• Pen a professional and detailed proposal to submit to Fleet Command.
  • Organisation of station facilities to exhibit departmental projects.
  • Arranging a variety of visual displays both in-system and station bound.
  • Working with colleagues to create and run workshops.
  • Hosting of diplomatic dignitaries from invited guests across the Federation.
  • Preparing tabloid, press releases and marketing.
  • Supplying of a large variety of culinary options and confectionary facilities.
  • Supporting of DS13’s commercial infrastructure and civilian entities.
  • Ensuring risk assessment and safety is to an exceptional standard.
  • Much, much more!

This is our opportunity to show the galaxy all the greatness that we’re capable of, to showcase us at our best and prepare the next generation of voyagers on their discovery of Starfleet and the whole universe at their disposal.

Committee membership is open to any and all interested parties, but spots are limited. Should interested parties unfortunately not receive a committee spot, participation in event planning and on-the-day running will still be vital to a successful convention.

Contact Captain Morton below for further information and current proposal status. Information also available upon request outside of Office Hours.

8 Likes

To: CAPT Morton, C.
CC: ~~
Subj: Committee Volunteer

Captain Morton,

I would be happy to volunteer as a committee member, if duties allow.

Thank you,

//SIGNED//
Captain Mirazuni Ayesha, M.D.
Commanding Officer, USS Endeavour
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

3 Likes

To: CAPT Morton, Coby
CC: CAPT Tolar, Amathel
Subj: Facilities Showcase

Good evening, Captain,

I spoke with my commanding officer this evening and secured approval to moor the Mariner for the duration of our showcase event and open Café Estrella, our officer-run onboard restaurant, to the general public. I’d be happy to arrange a tour of our dining room and kitchen facility and prepare samples for your perusal. We specialize in various Federation cuisines, as well as some items with Gamma Quadrant flair, and fusion dishes.

//SIGNED//
Serris Zital
Chief Engineer,
U.S.S. Mariner NCC-74671-A

//ATTACHMENT// estrella_catering_options.pdf

3 Likes

To: CAPT Morton, Coby (@LobsterEater)
CC: CAPT Nimitz, Alastair (@Nimitz)
Subj: Volunteering Options

Greetings Captain. I am finding myself interested in helping with this, though I’ll admit to a bit of a limitation in my capabilities. As you are aware I am a new Captain and only recently took command of the Astrea (looking forward to that visit by the way, the floor cleaning DOTs are hard at work!) and as such the ship is in it’s post-Command transfer/post-wartime crew rotation and systems refit and overhaul. Did you know this ship is just shy of 20 years old. Crew are suggesting a birthday party… for the ship! What a concept, ha.

I digress though… While I am still sorting out my new senior staff and parts of the ship are in flux during refit, I feel like what I hope the ship and crew will become could be of use to you in this… would shindig be an appropriate human term? Event seems bland is all. You let me know, and I’ll adapt to it, and perhaps I’ll have a crew that adapts just as well in short order!

//SIGNED//
Captain Tala -Katja- Akaela
Commanding Officer,
USS Astrea

2 Likes

To: CAPT Morton, C.
Subj: Talks

I am quite busy with my professional obligations and cannot serve on a “committee,” but would be glad to run a workshop on modern strains of reunificationism and how they affect Romulan-Federation relations.

Also, I will have a pallet of new kali’fal from the family orchards shipped up for the affair. I am told it is delicious.

//SIGNED//
LCDR Aurelia Buchanan t’Veras
Starfleet Intelligence
DS13

1 Like