91659.7 AAR: Conclusion on Omega Batch-17, Pariah System afflicted by omega-ruptured subspace

Stardate: 91659.7Report Submitted: CMDR North

ALLCON,

It's with mixed feelings that I write this report that serves as the conclusion of a multi-month operation to recover and destroy the missing molecules from Solanae Facility-009. On the one hand, we have finally achieved our objective, but it unfortunately did not come without cost.

The last quantity of Batch-17 was traced to a Klingon science facility, 32-phi, located in the Ahikar Nebula of the Boreth Sector. Vessels were immediately dispatched with intent to secure the location and its molecules, then plant gravimetric charges to dismantle the facility without destabilizing the omega prematurely.

On our approach, however, we received a distress signal coming from 32-phi itself, consisting of a staticky message about Pariah Borg vessels assaulting the facility and then fleeing. Our own long range sensors were able to pick up a quantity of Borg vessels in retreat: one group of three that had already reached the edges of the Pariah System, another group of four still enroute through the extragalactic layer. The decision was made for USS Avaria and Formidable to continue onwards towards the facility while the remaining vessels broke off to pursue the Borg.

In the debriefing afterwards, Commander Brot'la reported the successful execution of the original plans to take the facility and see to its safe destruction. The Borg-pursuit task force was not so fortunate.

We were able to catch up and intercept with the 'closer' group of four vessels, consisting of two probes and two spheres. Unable to pick up omega on sensors, we were reduced to relying on observation of the Borg's aggression patterns to deduce that one of the spheres was housing omega and worked to isolate it before destroying it with requisitioned gravimetric torpedoes. The remaining three vessels were destroyed in quick succession, but the entire encounter left the U.S.S. Vajra in no condition to continue pursuit. The Atlas was enlisted to tow the Vajra back to DS13.

Upon our return, we received our first reports: the U.S.S. Providence had been on mission to the Krikaya Colony in Pariah, with a selection of DS13 personnel aboard, and happened to intercept the group of three that had fled the farthest. In the midst of Providence defending herself, the three Borg vessels were all destroyed, but one was housing omega aboard and the resultant explosion and shockwaves ruptured a wide swathe of subspace.

In short, the Pariah Colony, as well as the Providence and her guests, have all been isolated in an omega-afflicted area of space in which warp drive will not function. Long range comms, while functioning, are also delayed by roughly thirty to forty-five minutes. Given the fact that all of my work for the past half a year or so has been focused on preventing a catastrophe just like this one, I deeply regret that it was not enough.

The Vajra's battle damage has been significant and the vessel's age may lead to its decommissioning rather than repairs. Her crew, including myself, awaits further instruction on DS13.

//SIGNED//
CMDR North, Alleya
Intelligence Division, U.S.S. Vajra
6 Likes
((The OOC))

Hi guys. Just wanted to reiterate again that with these two events, we have reached the conclusion of the Pariah Arc as far as I've planned it. There are, as previously stated, no planned events from here on out and it's up to members where you want to take it, if anywhere.

If there are loose ends, feel free to chase them. If your character has crazy ideas on how to regain contact with the colony and its denizens, feel free to make those proposals and see if Command will approve them. Finally, the Pariah System thread/infographic has been updated with the latest information.

Lastly, if your character was on the Providence ... you are stranded with the Pariah Colony and are free to RP on 'that' side of the catastrophe as well, of course. I'm open to proposals on fixing things from that side as well. If you were not in attendance of "The Alpha" event (Fri, 8/28), please feel free to pretend your character WAS on the same vessel and is stranded with the rest. As stated elsewhere, in the worst case scenario should Starfleet choose to send a few vessels to collect and evacuate the colony, your characters will be able to slowboat it back... eventually.

Thank you, guys, for your participation and I hope it's been fun.
6 Likes
PS - Look in foundry for the mission Pariah Colony Trapped for a non-combat ground map of Pariah Colony for the trapped personnel to RP on and explore a bit.
5 Likes