AAR: Co-op - Vanguard

Stardate: 93426Report Title: Anti-smuggling operationsReport Submitted: CAPT Konieczko, D.Classification Level: 1 - Open

The U.S.S. Vanguard and U.S.S. October were involved in the following operation. This report details that activities of the U.S.S. Vanguard.

For the report from the U.S.S. October, see here.

On Stardate 93425 the U.S.S. Vanguard and U.S.S. October responded to the outskirts of the Echomet system, both ships had been assigned to investigate the smuggling of Irreo eggs from the planet.

Upon our arrival we were met by two Echomet World Guard vessels, the Ambit-6, and Ambit-7. Small crafts carrying approximately 20 crew each. Though we had not crossed into Echomet Space the World Guard vessels alerted us that trespass would not be tolerated.

I informed the World Guard there would be no trespass without allowance, Starfleet vessels would not cross into their space. After this assurance the World Guard vessels cut communications and would shadow both the Vanguard and October for the remainder of our time.

Our sensors started picking up signatures ending and entering the Echomet system, The October and Vanguard split up each assuming their own vessel to investigate at a time. The first vessel's captain was slightly disgruntled but allowed us to scan his vessel after he lowered his shields. He was assured that it would be a short process and we ensured that it was.

The second vessel we encountered, the 'Cluewright' was warping in and more than happy to oblige, very friendly and had just been returning from the New Circini festival. I attempted to gather more information from the vessel and was able to get nothing that would lead me to believe they were involved.

Eventually, the Vanguard started moving to a third signature, our attempts to hail went unanswered and the Ambit-6 slowly shadowed behind. With continued hails going unanswered the unknown vessel pushed to full power and attempted to evade the Vanguard and it's shadow.

I ordered for the attempted tractor beam of the smugglers vessel to slow or completely stop it's attempted escape in which the first attempt missed. The order was then given to pursue, unfortunately the World Guard vessel had increased speed to pursue as well and was unable to safely evade the rotating Vanguard and collided at speed into our hull. The vessel crumpled up to it's midpoint and sent out an emergency may-day in it's final moments.

With the smugglers still escaping I ordered for the emergency transport of whatever crew we could get off the Ambit-6, we were able to pull 3 crew off the vessel into our medical bays. Captain Rosewood also used this time to attempt another firing of the tractor beam onto the escaping vessel narrowly grabbing on. The second tractor beam was a success.

With the smuggler ship held, The October and Ambit-7 made their way over. The Ambit-7 demanding the immediate return of the crew that we beamed up, accusing Starfleet of the accident. We informed that their crew were in medical need and we were currently providing it, however we would return them their people. The demand persisted and so we did.

The next move was to lower the shields on the smuggler's ship, it was decided to use a tachyon pulse into a weak spot on the shield to lower it, the October deploying a second tractor beam to augment for any power lost with the Tachyon. As soon as the shields were lowered Captain Rosewood scanned the now unshielded vessel. His scans showed four irreo eggs, becoming two and then none. The smugglers had destroyed any contraband they held onto.

The smugglers were beamed into the Vanguard's brig and we received a hail from Echomet Prime.
Spoiler: Show
North: <c> ::on screen, there's Prime Minister Rieskl, with a tight expression:: You have caught a smuggler vessel, Captain?
Konieczko: <C> Prime Minister, that is correct. We have and you've no doubt heard about the collision and I'd like to offer my heartfelt apology.
North: <c> Your apologies will not bring back the lives lost, Captain. We require you to turn over the smugglers.
Konieczko: <C> We picked them up in neutral space, Prime Minister. Your World Guard vessel allowed them to move right past before attempting to pursue.
North: <c> I am certain they were just caught unawares, one can only react so fast. They are Echomet citizens, are they not? Therefore Echomet justice should apply.
Konieczko: <C> With respect, I agree and disagree. Echomet justice should apply as they are your citizens, however Starfleet was the one who captured them. Outside of your space.+
Konieczko: Despite the crimes they've committed against your people I'm certain we could come to an arrangement that allows us both to get some time with the smugglers and find out what we both need to know,+
Konieczko: unless you can assure me that you will fill us in."
North: <c> ::Rieskl's expression turns blank as he thinks it over::
North: <c> Fine. Keep the bastards.
North: <c> ::Rieskl's hand comes down on what is probably a button that is slightly off-screen, and the comm cuts::

Following the communication I ordered for the towing of the smuggler vessel back to DS13, it is my strong suggestion that after our intelligence has the opportunity to survey both crew and vessel both are returned to Echomet Prime for their own investigation.

Officers Involved:
Captain Benjamin Rosewood
Commander Tau Thiessen
Commander Mathilda Konieczko
Ensign Alexandria Niraj

//SIGNED//
Captain Dmitri R. Konieczko
Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Vanguard
Taurus Squadron CO.

attached://38th/Taurus/Vanguard/
Spoiler: Collision.logShow
North: <fx> The commercial vessel on approach to leave the system near the Vanguard suddenly picks up massive speed.
Rosewood taps at his console. "I have the tractor beam ready at your command, Captain."
North: <fx> It shoots past the Ambit-6 vessel, which turns and gives chase.
Konieczko: "Snatch them as soon as you can, Rosewood."
North: <fx> The Ambit-6 tails the commercial vessel as it jets past the Vanguard.
Rosewood activates the tractor beam as the ship rockets by.
North: <fx> The Vanguard's tractor beam engages just a bit too late, it catches the fleeing vessel's tail and holds it for half a nanosecond, before the ship flits free.
Konieczko: "Shhh-" he stops himself. "Pursue at speed." he orders.
Rosewood curses under his breath. He furiously taps at the console, working to re-aquire the target.
Mathilda: "Continuing to hail." She says slightly annoyed at this new ship.
Ulrich: <C> Vanguard, October. Status Report?
Konieczko: <fx> The Vanguard repositions and takes off to pursue the escaping vessel.
North: <fx> As the Vanguard maneuvers around to give chase, it paths directly into the Ambit-6's forwarding speeding pursuit.
Mathilda: "October is asking for sitrep, channel open." She opens the channel.
Tau gets to his feet and takes over at the engineering console. "Rosewood, when you're ready to go let me know. We'll free up some energy and get your beam boosted."
Rosewood: "Understood. Give me... 5 more seconds."
North: <c-Ambit-6> MAY DAY, MAY DAY, evasive maneuvers, evasive --
Konieczko: <C> We've come across a vessel that refused hails and took off at speed, we missed our shot with the tractor beam and are attemping to --
Tau fiddlefaddles here in Engineering, working to free up power from nearby systems to increase Rosewood's chances.
Mathilda: "Ambit-6 is in distress!"
North: <fx> The Ambit-6 isn't able to change direction in time and barrels straight into the Vanguard's hull.
North: <fx> The effect is a bit like an insect hitting a windshield. The Vanguard rocks from the impact, but it's the Ambit-6's nose that crinkles up to the midpoint.
Mathilda rocks out a sec.
North: <fx> Ambit-6's power systems are wildly in flux and energy is building in its rear compartments.
Coby Morton: FX | October begins to move towards the two vessels.
Konieczko grips onto the arm of his chair but still rocks. "Shit.-- Get a lock on the crew of the Ambit-6."
North: <c:Ambit-6> -- zzt all hands evacuate, repeat, all hands -- zzt
North: <fx> Ambit-6 jettisons escape pods.
8 Likes