AAR: Hostage situation

Stardate:
Filed By:
BGEN Sadia Cynis
Clearance:

LOCATION Itrin system, Itrin sector

MISSION Response to a distress call

OUTCOME Hostage situation successfully resolved.

KEY PERSONNEL

• BGEN Sadia Cynis (I.K.S. Daramar)
  • CAPT Maikull Barron (U.S.S. Alexander)
  • CMDR James Kermit (U.S.S Atlantis)

• CAPT Lauren Varley (I.S.S. Saratoga)
  • Unknown (I.S.S. Birk) // OOC: Lt. Jody Izly
  • Unknown (I.S.S. Iserlohn) // OOC: CAPT Tala Akaela

NARRATIVE Daramar arrived at Itrin system as a response to a civilian distress call. We entered the system under cloak and were greeted by a stand-off between USS Alexander and ISS Saratoga. Saratoga has just taken an unknown amount of civilians from a disabled trader ship as prisoners.
Captains of both vessels engaged in banter, trying to make the other side lose their temper and divulge useful intel, without success. During this discussion two more Terran ships arrived at the outskirts of the system. Captain of the Saratoga at this point grew tired of the conversation and threatened to kill the civilians if Alexander doesn’t leave the system. Captain of the Alexander resisted the obvious bait and heeded our advice to play along. As Alexander left the system, Daramar stayed behind to observe if the captain of Saratoga would fulfill their end of the deal, and intervene if not.
Strangely enough, Terran captain upheld their word, beaming back the civilians, allowing other civilan rescue ships to recover them and then scaring them off with warning shots.
Just as the situation was winding down, USS Atlantis sent a call to action as it was moving into Itrin system. We provided them with tactical situation as we were still observing the system under cloak. Atlantis proceeded to engage Saratoga without any support but withdrew immediately after trading opening volleys (is this that “Vulcan hello” people are talking about?).
Soon after that skirmish was concluded, Terran vessels left the system.

RECOMMENDATION While the civilians were in Terran custody for only a short time, there is still a good possibility they were somehow compromised. The list of the civilian vessels that took in the hostages was transferred to USS Atlantis, and we recommend that additional security measures be taken against these vessels if they try to gain berth within Allied space.
​
RECOGNITION Captain of USS Alexander should be commended for keeping their cool and not getting into an almost suicidal situation against superior enemy force. Captain of USS Atlantis should be commended for sheer guramba of actually getting into almost suicidal situation against superior enemy force, though I question the sanity of this decision.

OOC Thanks to Lauren for running the event and everyone else who participated.

7 Likes