AAR: Quarry

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 95555.9
FILED BY:
CAPT A.H. Nimitz
SECURITY:
Level 3 - Restricted

MISSION: Track down unknown vessels from the future.

OUTCOME: USS Langley destroyed. Captains Lyn, Benning, and Commander Akaela MIA. Heavy damage sustained by both the RRW D'Ishae and USS Pegasus.

KEY PERSONNEL:
CAPT A. Benning (Task Force C.O.)
CAPT I. Lyn
CMDR D. Mandukar ((Republic))
CAPT A. Nimitz
CMDR T. Akaela
SUBLT L. T'kaveth
LTJG S. Valore
1LT G. Valencia

NARRATIVE: The Task force departed with the Langley taking the lead under cloak while the USS Pegasus trailed behind the Langley with the RRW D'Ishae, the D'Ishae as well was operating under cloak while the Pegasus maintained lower power operations. Several hours into the Tekros Expanse, we came across an unknown Starfleet vessel, presumably from four years in the future, the Langley ordered the task force to stop.

After the task force stopped, the Langley and the D'lshae came under fire, the Langley was crippled in the opening volley while the D'lshea remained operational. The enemy that attacked our task force had been encountered once before as highlighted here. It is also important to note that the unknown enemies were equipped with some sort of stealth cloak that disrupted our targeting sensors. With help and covering fire from the Pegasus, the D'lshea, and the Pegasus took potion around the crippled Langley and extended their warp fields around to make their escape from the battle. However due to battle damage taken by the D'lshea, the warp jump only moved us a few light years away. Upon dropping out, Captain Benning gave the order to evacuate the Langley and to set off the self destruct.

The Pegasus and the D'lshae assisted in recovering over 90% of the crew before the unknown vessels caught up with the task force. The enemy ships destroyed the Langley as the Pegasus was preparing to scuttle the vessel after the self destruct system failed. Captains Benning, Lyn and Commander Akaela were not evacuated from the Langley before her destruction. After recovering the last escape pods from Langley, the Pegasus and the D'lshae escaped at warp four.

The escape was short lived as the enemies were able to pursue the task force at a higher warp speed inside the expanse. The unknown vessels caught up with the task force and forced both ships out of warp. The engagement continued as the enemy, armed with a superior firepower that was able to ignore our shields. The Pegasus was unable to generate a warp field due to a jamming effect in place. The Pegasus was also boarded by one of the aliens who was able to personally cloak himself and phase though walls. The Pegasus and the D'lshae held off the enemy forces while outnumbered nearly 9 to 1. Both ships took major damage in the engagement until the D'lshae was able to carry the Pegasus along for an escape by means of a subspace fold jump. After which the Pegasus and the D'lshae limped back to Deep Space 13 at warp 3.

RECOMMENDATION: The aliens from the future pose great risk to our people. Not to mention our missing officers could potentially still be alive. I recommend a second task force with superior numbers try and locate our missing officers and the enemy fleet.

OOC: This is the AAR for part one of Isadora's events 'Quarry'
5 Likes
SUBMITTED:
Stardate 95555.9
FILED BY:
1LT G. Valencia
SECURITY:
Level 3 - Restricted

MISSION: Track down unknown vessels from the future.

OUTCOME: USS Langley destroyed. Captains Lyn, Benning, and Commander Akaela MIA. Heavy damage sustained by both the RRW D'Ishae and USS Pegasus.

KEY PERSONNEL:
CAPT A. Benning (Task Force C.O.)
CAPT I. Lyn
CMDR D. Mandukar ((Republic))
CAPT A. Nimitz
CMDR T. Akaela
SUBLT L. T'kaveth
LTJG S. Valore
1LT G. Valencia

NARRATIVE: This is the filing officer's report on the events outlined by Captain Nimitz, from the point of view of the events on the Langley during the engagement and the Pegasus.

During the flight through the expanse, the Langley experienced a disruption in her warp field. This was put down to a collision with an anomaly, but further analysis indicated it was due to a collision with another warp field. It can be assumed that this was from one of the enemy ships, so further engagements should be aware of this.

Once we were attacked by enemy vessels, the Langely was quickly disabled through precise shots to the EPS conduits, robbing the ship of power. This could be due to the enemy wanting to capture or board the Langley, hence the transfer of the Langley's data core to the Pegasus and the self destruct to be initiated. It is confusing to me why the enemy would elect to destroy the ship after most people had evacuated, especially since they had the tactical superiority and were in no danger of losing the battle.

After I had been taken onto the Pegasus, the decision was to withdraw, and preparations began to be made after all the escape pods could be recovered. Due to the damaged received by the Pegasus, I was ordered to head down to Main Engineering to assist with the warp core repairs and take the ship to warp. As I neared, however, there were clear signs of dead crew and evidence of phaser fire. After relaying this information to the bridge, I entered Main Engineering to see an alien intruder, about six feet tall, wearing jet black armour. It was bent over a console, rerouting power away from the warp engines to prevent escape. Scans showed it was carbon-based, but it had an unstable molecular structure; it was wavering in and out of existence and the tricorder did not think it existed half the time. After grabbing the alien's attention, I tried to apprehend it, but the alien vanished after seeming to recognise me. I tried to reroute power back to the engines but was locked out of Main Engineering due to a hull breach. I then went to the Battle Bridge to continue to route power, and, succeeding, we were able to withdraw.

RECOMMENDATION: Analysis from the battle indicated that the weapons used by the enemy craft phase-shifted through our shields, rendering them useless. Some form of countermeasure is needed to overcome this, otherwise, our ships will have to undergo extensive refits to reinforce the armour plating to absorb enemy attacks.

Furthermore, the ships use some sort of stealth field to try to mask their movements, though travelling through warp through the expanse seemed to weaken this field. This field shielded the enemy from sensors, and from computer targeting, meaning that weapons had to be fired manually, which caused great difficulty for some officers. This data should be used to try to develop a countermeasure against the enemy so that we are not surprised later on.

Finally, the enemy seemed to be a lot weaker at warp than fighting at sub-warp speeds. I would recommend that engagements should take place at warp speeds, as much as they can, to give us the upper hand in tactical engagements.​

OOC: This is the AAR for part one of Isadora's events 'Quarry'; I copied the first bit off Nimitz so direct all blame to him for ALL errors. If there are mistakes, let me know and I'll change them!
3 Likes
UMbcSkD.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CAPT Caspius, CAPT B. Ailes, LCDR E. Kermit
CC 38th/Command, DS13 Engineering
FROM CAPT A.H. Nimitz
SUBJ Preliminary Damage Report

USS Pegasus

Please see below.

1. Casualty Listing
    • Injured - 238, as well as the crew of the USS Langley.
    • KIA - 3

2. Damage Report
    • Main EPS grid severed from connection to warp core.
    • Hull breaches on Deck 35, 36, and 37 (Main Engineering)
    • Ablative Hull Armor Plating completely depleted
    • Warp core is only able to handle warp 3 before risk of containment breach.

//SIGNED//
    Captain Alistair H. Nimitz
    Commanding Officer/USS Pegasus

//ATTACHMENT//
    CasualtyReport.log
    DamageReport.log
2 Likes
SUBMITTED:
Stardate 95556.4
FILED BY:
RIOV Davin
SECURITY:
Level 3 - Restricted

MISSION: Locate temporally displaced vessel​
OUTCOME: Loss of 1 Starfleet vessel, significant damage to remaining Starfleet vessel and D'Ishae​
KEY PERSONNEL:
RIOV D. Mandukar
SUBLT L. T'kaveth
CAPT A. Benning
CAPT I. Lyn
CAPT A. Nimitz
CMDR T. Akaela
LTJG S. Valore
1LT G. Valencia

NARRATIVE: Task force departed DS-13, U.S.S. Langley and R.R.W. D'Ishae taking point under cloak, U.S.S. Pegasus following in support under low power. Entered Tekros Expanse, area of known spatial anomalies. Several uncategorized sensor readings logged. Within expanse made visual and sensor contact with temporally displaced Starfleet vessel.

Upon contact with displaced vessel Langley and D'Ishae came under fire by unknown hostile force, size unknown but believed to be 14-18 vessels. Sensors unable to establish solid lock on hostiles due to unknown stealth/cloaking technology. Hostiles were able to target ships in spite of active cloaking devices. U.S.S. Langley disabled by precision strike to critical EPS junction, D'Ishae sustained moderate damage to zero-point energy systems.

Fire returned by D'Ishae and U.S.S. Pegasus. Langley crew (approx. 90%) evacuated to Pegasus and D'Ishae. Attempted to scuttle Langley, but vessel destroyed by enemy fire. Attempted to withdraw at warp but unable to outrun hostile force. Re-engaged hostile force at close range. Further conflict revealed hostile weapons able to penetrate shields of D'Ishae and Pegasus. Multiple hostile vessels disabled, further damage sustained by Pegasus and D'Ishae.

Boarding actions undertaken by hostile forces. Boarders thwarted on D'Ishae before significant disruption. Pegasus internal communications and warp drive disabled by boarders and damage sustained. Able to evacuate D'Ishae and Pegasus from conflict via emergency subspace fold maneuver.

RECOMMENDATION: More information required to assess disposition and intent of temporally displaced vessels and crew. Countermeasures required to subvert hostile stealth technology, shield penetrating weapons.

DAMAGE REPORT:
RRW D'Ishae

1. Casualty Listing
    • Injured - 81
    • KIA - 7

2. Damage Report
    • Significant damage to zero point junctions 2, 4, 5, 8, and 11, and associated conduits
    • Hull breaches on decks 3, 6, 7, and 8
    • Port Ra'khoi superheavy plasma cannon disabled
    • Port impulse engines operable at 36% capacity
    • Full overhaul of singularity harness required due to gravimetric stress of subspace fold

//ATTACHMENT//
    Casualties.hex
    DmgReport.hex

OOC: AAR, you know how it goes.
5 Likes

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 95557.0
FILED BY:
Cpt. Isadora Lyn
SECURITY:
Level 3 - Restricted

MISSION: Intelligence Gathering
OUTCOME:Ambushed by an unidentified party. USS Pegasus and IRW D’Ishae heavily damaged. USS Langley destroyed. Alien vessel Thuzot captured.
KEY PERSONNEL:

RIOV D. Mandukar
SUBLT L. T'kaveth
CAPT A. Benning
CAPT I. Lyn
CAPT A. Nimitz
CMDR T. Akaela
LTJG S. Valore
1LT G. Valencia

NARRATIVE: A task force composed of the U.S.S. Pegasus, R.R.W. D’Ishae, and U.S.S. Langley was dispatched to the Tekros Expanse in pursuit of a signal that was believed to originate from a temporally displaced Starfleet vessel. U.S.S. Langley and R.R.W. D’Ishae proceeded under cloak to avoid detection, while U.S.S. Pegasus trailed to provide support. All vessels were limited to low warp due to the effects of the Expanse.

While en route to intercept, all vessels noted sensor anomalies and warp field disruptions. The reporting officer left the bridge at this point and headed for engineering to increase sensor resolution. Soon after U.S.S. Langley was attacked by several unknown vessels. Weapons fire breached the hull in several places and I was ejected into space.

It can be assumed that at some point during or shortly after the first engagement with the task group, one of the alien vessels recovered Starfleet personnel from the battle area. The method of retrieval is unknown. Captured Starfleet personnel were held in stasis pods, and I regained consciousness inside one of the aforementioned pods after being rescued by Cmdr. Akaela, who had similarly been caught in a hull breach but recovered before being imprisoned.

Cmdr. Akaela and I freed several other captured officers who were in stable condtion, and left the injured in stasis. The personnel on board the alien craft all seemed to be wearing some form of protective armor or EV suit. To aid in our escape attempt, we relieved the two guards Cmdr. Akaela had incapacitated of their armor and placed the guards in stasis. Of note is that after removing their armor, one of the guards identified human and the other Orion.

Several minutes after we had completed the above task, there was a shipwide announcement followed by the vessel shifting into what Cmdr. Akaela referred to as a superdimensional state. While the Commander and I were afforded protection by the armor, the new dimensional state of the ship proved lethal to the Starfleet crew that were freed. All were killed within seconds of exposure, though the personnel in stasis remained unharmed.

The Commander and I left the holding area and were able to find an access point. We were unable to access weapons, propulsion, or other critical systems but were able to tap commnications and internal schematics. From ship-to-ship transmissions we ascertained that the battle group was currently in pursuit of the U.S.S. Pegasus and R.R.W. D’Ishae. Additionally, we were able to gain the name of the ship we were currently on, Thuzot. Communications and schematics also revealed that the ship was in poor condition, and the other battle group vessels were likely in similar or worse shape.

Unfortunately, our attempt to breach sensitive systems was detected and we were intercepted by enemy crew. I sustained an injury, but we were able to overcome the ambush. As we were unable to impact the combat status of the vessel via remote access, the Commander and I decided to make a direct assault on what appeared in schematics to be an operations center. Internal sensor data suggested that it was sparsely manned and that many routes of access were unguarded.

The assault on the operations center was successful, although this officer would like to make a note of a significant detail. One of the enemy crew encountered was not suited like the rest, but seemed to suffer no ill effects from the dimensional state of the ship. This individual was also largely immune to handheld phaser fire and appeared erratic on lifesigns scans.

At some point before or during our assault, the Pegasus and D’Ishae were able to escape the battle. While we were attempting to gain control of ship systems, the remaining alien vessels were engaged by an Odyssey-class cruiser. We attempted to signal or provide assistance, but inadvertently activated the warp drive due to unfamiliarity with the control layout. Cmdr Akaela was able to drop us to sublight and return us to normal space, but we were now too far to gather any information about the outcome of the battle. At this point, the crew of the enemy vessel were becoming aware of what had taken place and I was forced to expose all other sections of the ship to vacuum. I regret and take reponsibility for the loss of life, but I believe that there were no other options availble besides surrender.

Our distress call was later answered by U.S.S. Eminence. Captured crew were recovered, and Thuzot was towed to a location just outside DS13’s control zone. The captured guards are being held in stasis aboard U.S.S. Eminence.

RECOMMENDATION:
The loss of the U.S.S. Langley is tragic, but it is this officer’s opinion that given the circumstances it was unavoiable.

Based on hull composition and quantum analysis, the attacking vessels have been identified as temporally displaced and the same type that attacked the Siral Colony. They have been designated Species 2646, and should be considered extremely dangerous given their openly hostile stance towards Federation vessels.

After reading reports from officers present during the battle, it seems that Species 2646 possesses both offensive and defensive technologies unknown to the Federation. The study of the captued 2646 vessel Thuzot should be made a priority in order to develop viable countermeasures as well as make clearer the origins and motives of these attacks. As a stopgap measure, my recommendation is that all patrolling Starfleet vessels in the area be issued complements of transphasic torpedoes. These, or a close variant, were used by the unknown Odyssey-class to great effect against Species 2646 ships even while under the effect of their defensive technology.

I would also like to put forth a commendation for Cmdr. Akaela. She displayed exemplary bravery and aptitude under pressure, and the capture of the enemy vessel was due in large part to her efforts. There are a multitude of other unresolved questions, but I prefer not to speculate at this point without more information. I believe our priorities at this point should be salvage of the captured vessel, contact with the rogue Odyssey-class, and neutralization of any remaining Species 2646 vessels by diplomatic or military means.

OOC: This is the AAR for the Eminence RP episode Quarry, part of the CoTV storyline. Please notify me if there are details I am missing for your character. This report is postdated for before Risa.
4 Likes