Stardate:
Filed By:
CMDR Barron, Mai’kull
Clearance:

After Action Report

LOCATION TK 401 System; Federation Information Relay Station

MISSION
-Repair and Resupply Station (Complete)
-Investigate Potential Hostile Presence (On-Going)

OUTCOME
-Primary Mission – SUCCESS
-Secondary Mission - FAILURE

KEY PERSONNEL
= USS Sun Tzu
- Commander Barron, Maikull
- Commander Stern, Jessica (NPC)
= USS Endeavour
- Captain Mirazuni, Ayesha
- LCDR Charles Van Eyll (NPC)

NARRATIVE We arrived on site along side the Endeavour to begin system checks and resupply of the TK-401 Relay Station. The repairs took approximately 6 hours to complete, with Commander Stern overseeing them. Meanwhile, the Sun Tzu and Endeavour patrolled the sector to ensure no ships interfered, as was the case the last time a Federation Ship was present. Our scans of the system revealed nothing. It was not until the system diagnostics were complete did we learn that the Transponder from a long decommissioned ship (USS Warwick NCC-91846) had been downloading data from the station over the course of several weeks, and was present the day the Dallas was attacked, as well as showing on the records as present with us.

I opt for a subterfuge move, to the disagreement of Captain Mirazuni. I ordered a Viral Matrix to be installed into the station, in the hopes that whomever it was out there, would oust themselves should they try to access the information, to which they did. My hopes were that the virus would disable their ship and make discussions between us far less…disagreeable. However, the ship in question had tricks up its own sleeves. After distracting us with an EMP Probe, it stealthily launched 3 shuttles which utilized Holo-emitter technology to appear to be three other Marauder Vessels. All four Ferengi ships fled the station rather than engage us with numbers, causing the Sun Tzu, Endeavour, and the Endeavour’s support Craft “Bark” to split off to subdue the vessels. By the time we managed to get sensors back online following the EMP, we realized that the ships were decoys, and that the real ship was steadily making its way out of the system. Sun Tzu and Endeavour attempted to peruse, but just before we could get into weapons range, the enemy managed to purge the virus and restore warp power, leaving behind a subspace tear in their path to prevent us from perusing. The Decoy vessels also self-destructed as the main ship left, leaving no further trace behind to follow up on.

RECOMMENDATION I have blacklisted the USS Warwick’s Transponder code from the relay station to prevent further data-breaches. I have also surrounded the station with Tachyon Sensors, to act as a “Cloak Detection Grid” to prevent, or at least warn us of any further incursions. I would recommend other Relay stations in the area be checked to see if they have been effected as this one has, and to see what it is about this sector of space that could possibly be worth the trouble.

RECOGNITION I would like to Commend the Endeavour’s LCDR Charles Van Eyll, for his dedication to detail in surveying the sensor logs of the station. Had it not been for his committed efforts, we would not have been able to locate or even attempt to prevent the Ferengi Vessel from once again stealing data from the station.

OOC Special Thanks to @Moose for letting me run rampant with his Story Line! And also, to @Sam who came along for the ride. Technically my first ‘communal’ RP mission to run with the fleet! Hope I added enough pictures to keep everyone interested in my walls of text!

2 Likes