AAR: Turkey Trek

Stardate:
Filed By:
CAPT Mirazuni, A
Clearance:

LOCATION On Patrol

MISSION Investigate the S.S. Tradewind, which the U.S.S. Minerva found drifting on patrol.

OUTCOME Turkey infestation discovered onboard. No humanoid survivors.

KEY PERSONNEL

• CAPT Lyn, Isadora
  • CAPT Mirazuni, Ayesha
  • LT Tzedek, Alariya

NARRATIVE On patrol, the U.S.S. Minerva detected a strange signature. Upon investigation, the signature was determined to be the S.S. Tradewind, though it was far off course and had missed the past few check-ins. It was determined that the ship had visited Yadris VII, a planet previously investigated by Starfleet due to a turkey infestation.

After contact could not be established, LT Tzedek and I investigated further. The Lieutenant was attacked by a turkey, which we managed to subdue. However, after we had subdued it, the turkey committed suicide. It is important to note that there were inconsistencies in the genome of this turkey.

We headed to the bridge where a cybernetically and genetically modified turkey had assumed the position of captain. The turkey had a Federation standard transmitter and a suicide device, similar to the first turkey we encountered on the ship. We attempted to communicate with the turkey via the transmitter, but the turkey transported away to an unknown location. Logs on the ship were intact but conveniently wiped.

RECOMMENDATION This officer believes that the infestation of turkeys on Yadris VII has grown further. We should probably investigate, especially since the turkeys that we encountered were genetically and cybernetically modified. It can be assumed that the turkeys had killed the crew onboard the vessel.
​
RECOGNITION All officers performed as expected.

OOC An impromptu event GM’d by @Isadora. Transcript can be accessed here.

3 Likes
Stardate:
Filed By:
LT Tzede, Alariya
Clearance:

LOCATION Celes Sector, Vicinity of Arucanis Arm.

MISSION Conduct patrol to render aid to vessels as required and conduct smuggling interdiction operations in order to deny hostile and criminal operations freedom of movement and logistical support.

OUTCOME A freighter was identified off its flight plan. The freighter was intercepted and it was determined that all crew were likely killed by cybernetically modified “turkeys.” Most of the aggressors self destructed, however one beamed off to an undetermined location.

KEY PERSONNEL

• CAPT Lyn, Isadora
  • CAPT Mirazuni, Ayesha
  • LT Tzedek, Alariya
  • LTJG Huron, Caroline (NPC)
  • ENS Morlan, Tad (NPC)
  • ENS Adams, Megan (NPC)
  • ENS Bisbey, Samual (NPC)

NARRATIVE While on patrol, a freighter, registered S.S. Hazof, was identified off its flight plan, moving slowly. Attempted hails of the ship were not answered. A scan of the ship revealed life forms present, but exact type and location were unclear.

As the U.S.S. Minerva was overdue for a rendezvous, I was ordered to make a closer pass with my fighter. Lacking a full compliment of fighter, I ordered LTJG Huron, Caroline (NPC) and ENSs Morlan, Tad (NPC); ENS Adams, Megan (NPC); ENS Bisbey, Samual (NPC), who were performing shuttle maintenace at the time, to accompany me in phaser-armed shuttlecraft as my left and right wingsmen.

Upon our approach, the S.S. Hazof increased speed. My wing took up a blocking position in front of the ship, at which time the ship began to spool up its warp drive. Concerned for the safety of my wing, and that the freighter would attempt to warp through us without fufficnet clearance, I opened fire on the S.S. Hazof’s navagational array, crippeling it.

At CAPT Mirazuni’s request I put my fighter on auto control and moved the two fighter wings to security positions before transporting onto the Hazof. I was immediately struck by the dankness inside the cargo hold we had transported into, as well as the state of disarray of the cargo, which it looked like had been ransacked and eaten.

At this moment I heard CAPT Mirazuni scream behind me and turned to see a winged creature of about 1.5 meters in height of a type I have never seen prior. It took flight and charged at us aggressively, and I discharged my phaser pistol in its direction, but due to it’s size and rapid erratic movements, I missed. The creature attempted to claw at my face but I was able to roll atop it subdue it.

At this point the CAPT injected it with a hypospray containing an unknown injection, and the creature burst into flames and died. Thought the ship leading to the bridge, blood and phaser burns were noted. Upon reaching the bridge we observed another one of these creatures in the captain’s chair, with various cybernetic implants. The CAPT said these were Federation tech and orcered me to attempt to communicate the message “we come in peace” to the creature, which I did.

At this point the creature made aggressive agitated sounds and transported away to an unknown location. It was observed that the ship’s logs had been completely wiped.

RECOMMENDATION CAPT Mirazuni refused to communicate and information regarding these creatures, so I will not speculate about their origin; however, either these creatures were left behind as a coverup to a raid on the Hazof, or were on board on takeoff and broke free - several empty crates did identify as containing “turkeys.” If the latter is true, and these turkeys broke free, they show a remarkable ability to learn - their radio science; attempt to jump to warp; wiping the chip logs; and using a transporter. As there has now been a documented attempted use of warp drive, these creatures could arguably be considered near-warp capable; with their demeanor and disposition raising additional concern. It is also concerning that the ‘lead’ turkey teleported off the ship, despite that we were nowhere near any suitable location to beam to.

I have had security begin a full sweep of all involved craft to ensure the creature did not beam to one of our ships. I also recommend aggressive study of these ships, and attempting to conduct a recovery of the ship’s logs to see where this ship has stopped prior. Failing that, a complete analysis of all cargo on the ship is warranted.

Furthermore, I would like to encourage additional information sharing on part of senior officers who may have valuable insight. Some senior officers may also require additional weapons and combat training in the face of danger.

Lastly, I will accelerate my efforts to develop the combat wing aboard the U.S.S. Minerve, in order to ensure crews are more trained and mission capable for future encounters.
​
RECOGNITION

I would like to recommend the following individuals for the Starfleet Recognition Ribbon:

• LTJG Huron, Caroline (NPC)
  • ENS Morlan, Tad (NPC)
  • ENS Adams, Megan (NPC)
  • ENS Bisbey, Samual (NPC)

Additionally, I am submitting the following paperwork with qualifying regulations to award the Flight Combat Action award to the above individuals, as well as myself.

OOC Impromptu mission GM’ed by daaaarling Isadora! :heart: @Isadora @Sam

3 Likes