AAR: Wild Turkey

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 94887.8
FILED BY:
CAPT A.H. Nimitz
SECURITY:
Level 1 - Open

MISSION: Observe Turkey Infestation of the Yadris VII Colony.

OUTCOME: One live Wild Turkey captured, Turkey infestation observed.

KEY PERSONNEL:
CAPT A. Nimitz
CMDR A. Mandra
SRG. Blarg

NARRATIVE: The Federation Ecological Service dropped a team of myself, Commander Mandra, and Sargent Blarg on Yadris VII to observe the infestation of Meleagris gallopavo, AKA, the North American Wild Turkey. Upon landing we immediately saw the effect of the Turkey infestation as they swarmed the shuttle. We were greeted by a local to lead us to the colonist named Steve who told us he was responsible for the infestation.

As we talked with Steve, I gave Sargent Blarg orders to go and capture a live Turkey for more studies.

After the capture of the Turkey, We left the settlement in the shuttle to ride to the FES outpost on Yadris VII, we collected information on the estimation of the turkey infestation to around a 30+ kilometers and growing. Being ill equipped to do any further study of the infestation, we returned to the shuttle and departed the system.

RECOMMENDATION: I recommend more study of the local ecosystem, the Turkey infestation is the result of the absent of a predator sizable enough to hunt turkeys, I personally would recommend the introduction of a predator species to hunt the turkeys and manage the local population more sustainable.

OOC: This is the November 20th Turkey mission run by Isadora
9 Likes
zrh9bND.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO Capt. Alistar Nimitz
CC FROM Dr. Phila Norvos
SUBJ Yadris VII Assessment
Dear Captain Nimitz,
On behalf of the Federation Ecological Service, I would like to extend my thanks for the actions you and your team performed. We have taken your recommendation under advisement as we deliberate our next move.

Unfortunately, follow up assessments by Dr. Vos indicate that the environment is ill suited to avian or ovivorous predators. The presence of the colony further complicates matters, and we believe the colonists may object to the introduction of large terrestrial predators in their immediate vicinity. Nonetheless, we will include your findings and comments in the official report.

With respect to the live specimen your team acquired. As it is free from genetic modification, we see no reason for FES to classify it as hazardous. You are free to do with it as you wish within the boundaries of protocol.

//SIGNED//
Dr. Phila Norvos
Principal Investigator, Federation Ecological Service
5 Likes