Argo Holiday Toy Drive ((2022))

Dear officer,

Thank you for your participation in this year’s Lifesong Family Foundation Toy Drive. Enclosed you will find the biographical information and a photograph for a child whose life has been impacted by recent events in your local region. Please consider your child’s interests carefully and after you have decided on a gift, you can use the enclosed shipping information to return it to our regional office branch.

Your generosity and kindness will make a real difference during the holiday season, and we are incredibly grateful for your support. We are truly lucky to have kind-hearted people like you!

Happy holidays,
Livesong Family Foundation

Tala Akaela

NAME Soili Menza
AGE 10
GENDER Male
SPECIES Kacam

STATUS Survivor of the Terran occupation of Kacam. No surviving family known, taken in by Federation orphanage.

INTERESTS Documentaries about extinct animals, preparing for the downfall of civilization, and oceanography.

Sam Bishop

NAME Usko Aslaug
AGE 12
GENDER Male
SPECIES Ralin

STATUS Survivor of the Terran occupation of Ralin. Recovered with his younger sister, no other surviving family known. Taken in by Federation orphanage.

INTERESTS Candy-making, an Azedi video game roughly the equivalent of Pokemon, and balloons.

Sadia Cynis

NAME Zivig
AGE 15
GENDER Male
SPECIES Tellarite

STATUS Survivor of the Terran occupation of Axikol. No surviving family known, taken in by Federation orphanage.

INTERESTS Old sailing ships, economics, and conspiracy theories.

H'ajah

NAME Rabep
AGE 13
GENDER Male
SPECIES Benzite

STATUS Single father parent was an officer aboard the USS Sun Tzu when it was destroyed. Rabep was enrolled in a boarding school on Benzar and remains there, but a Federation orphanage has been legally appointed his caretaker, due to the lack of any other known surviving family.

INTERESTS Climbing, toads, and meteorology.

Rebecca Meadows

NAME Lorish
AGE 12
GENDER Female
SPECIES Tellarite

STATUS Survivor of the Terran occupation of Axikol. No surviving family known, taken in by Federation orphanage.

INTERESTS Planes and other flying vehicles, ballroom dancing, and tea.

Rumiho Mitsuki

NAME Pomac
AGE 9
GENDER Male
SPECIES Vulcan

STATUS Survivor of the Terran occupation of Ba’aja. No surviving family known, taken in by Federation orphanage.

INTERESTS Western novels, knives and padlocks.

Alistair Nimitz

NAME Perle Aslaug
AGE 9
GENDER Female
SPECIES Ralin

STATUS Survivor of the Terran occupation of Ralin. Recovered with her older brother, no other surviving family known. Taken in by Federation orphanage.

INTERESTS Knitting, cephalopods, and extravagant period clothes.

Michael Riker

NAME Sverrir Mor
AGE 14
GENDER Male
SPECIES Viggo

STATUS Survivor of the Terran occupation of Viggo. No surviving family known, taken in by Federation orphanage.

INTERESTS War memorabilia, an Azedi string instrument roughly equivalent to the violin, politics.

Katriel Sedai

NAME Chidiebere
AGE 10
GENDER Female
SPECIES Frith

STATUS Survivor of the Terran invasion of Azed. No surviving family known, taken in by Federation orphanage.

INTERESTS Classical music, camping, swordfighting, and lizards.

Tsurugi Shinwa

NAME Mahao
AGE 9
GENDER Female
SPECIES Bajoran

STATUS Survivor from a civilian passenger vessel that was raided and captured by Terrans. Mahao and her parents were all physically recovered, but unfortunately both of her parents are considered psychiatrically unfit as caretakers due to torture endured in Terran captivity. No other family members are known, so she has been conveyed into the care of a Federation orphanage.

INTERESTS Volcanoes, hiking, fungi, and origami.

Veneela Sovum

NAME Fiora Kyelli
AGE 12
GENDER Female
SPECIES Human

STATUS Survivor from a civilian salvage-freighter that was destroyed by Terran vessels. Fiora was the only survivor in the encounter that killed her parents and older sister. No surviving family known, taken in by Federation orphanage.

INTERESTS Carrier pigeons, medical science, and stained glass art.

Gabriella Valencia

NAME Kaian Jarth
AGE 10
GENDER Male
SPECIES Human (Terran)

STATUS Survivor from the ISS Betazed. Children are typically not allowed aboard Terran vessels, but the influence of Kaian’s parents (both officers) enabled them to have a temporary exception until some other arrangements could be made. Kaian is understandably having a difficult time adjusting to life in a Federation orphanage.

INTERESTS Gangster holoprograms, astronomy, and techno music.

Ansha Bast Wind-People

NAME Zsofika Alcides
AGE 11
GENDER Female
SPECIES Ikmore

STATUS Survivor of the Terran occupation of Ikmore. No surviving family known, taken in by Federation orphanage.

INTERESTS Treasure hunting, pottery, mystery novels, and old castles.

OOC Assignments are out! Remember that you are free to RP the delivery in whatever method you see fit, you do not need to return anything to counseling. You’re welcome to post short stories directly here or you can post them elsewhere on the forums and include a reply on this thread with just the link. Same goes for Discord RP transcripts! Have fun!

@Sam @Sophist @Master_Dex @Veneela @gulremal @jackascii @FruitOfTheLum @Nimitz

6 Likes

A well-packed crate was delivered to the Lifesong Family Foundation via transporter from USS Vincennes. Attached to the crate was a PADD with a single video file on it. When played, it was an image of Captain Meadows in her ready room, speaking directly to the camera with a warm expression:

"Dear Lorish. I am so sorry for what has happened to you. I know nothing I can say will make up for being without your family, but after hearing your story, your bravery and strength has inspired all of us here on the starship Vincennes.

Please find enclosed a special gift to you, from everybody here aboard Vincennes. We built it specially for you, so it’s a unique gift that nobody else in the entire galaxy has - just as special as you are! There are instructions included if you need them, but you’re a smart cookie, so I’m sure you’ll figure it out in no time! Inside is everything you need to keep it going for as long as you want.

I hope you enjoy it, and learn something valuable while you use it.

I know the Federation will do everything it can to help you during this difficult time, and the future will be much brighter for you, I promise. Know that you have friends here aboard Vincennes - maybe you will even serve with us one day! Feel free to send us messages via subspace, if you ever want to learn more, or just want to talk. We’d love to hear how you’re getting on.

From everybody here aboard Vincennes, happy holidays!"

3 Likes

(shopping excursion story)

The package that arrives for Chidiebere from the Livesong regional office is quietly festive, wrapped in a dark forest green paper, with a thick white ribbon crisscrossing its surface and tied in a neat bow. A minimal holiday card can be slid out from under the ribbon’s hold, on which is written the following:

Dear Chidiebere,

Though I know that nothing could ever replace what you have lost, I hope these gifts will bring you some comfort. Remember that it’s okay to be sad or angry at times and that you deserve as much a chance at happiness as everyone else, so don’t be afraid to ask the adults around you for things you need.

Though it’s unsigned, the contents within the box have been packaged with care. The first is a round plush toy, colored a friendly baby blue, and perfectly sized for a ten year old’s squeezing embrace.

The second item, wrapped a couple more times in tissue paper, is a hardcover illustrated libretto of Die Zauberflöte opera. The inside pages are covered in imaginative illustrations, written text, and musical score. Though the book’s primary language is German, there are Federation Standard translations accompanying many passages to explain the gist of the story.

The final half an inch’s worth of pages are not pages at all, but instead a hard shell containing a molded compartment, which houses a small portable audio player and data rod that contains the full opera’s audio, so one may listen to the score and use the libretto book to follow along.

3 Likes

A shipping container arrived at the drop off. It contained a manifest and a note for the recipient, Zsofika Alcides, as well as various packages.

Zsofika, 
	I will ruin part of the surprise, but with the reason of explaining what it 
is. Included with my the presents is a PADD device. It is useful for holding 
and reading from. Undoubtedly you've seen them all over the orphanage and 
school where you are. This one is special. It has books on it. Specifically, 
an entire collection of Nancy Drew Mysteries, and the Hardy Boys, both 
in their native English from Earth, and interpreted into your common 
language. I've loaded it with Var'Kas V'Kin, Gumnaam, Tchri-Cha 
Chronicles, Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes, and Agatha Christie's 
novels, all in your Ikmore common tongue. Plenty of novels to sate your 
mystery reading appetite, I hope. The rest of the presents, you will just 
have to open them to find out what they are. 

I can't obviously tell you who I am because that would be against the 
rules, but know this, I too am an orphan. I was taken from my home, then losing 
those that I considered my family. I am now a proud officer in Starfleet 
fighting for justice and working to bring peace. If I could talk to you in person 
I would tell you all the things I've learned about dealing with loss and 
working towards a goal of self-betterment. I hope you are being counseled 
on this. I'm sure you are. I checked to make sure the institution you are at 
is going to give you a chance at a better life, and it looks like the Federation 
has done the best it could. Study hard, follow the rules, and you can take 
what you know and make things better for your people. The rest will be up 
to you.	

There are those of us, in the United Federation of Planets, who do 
care about you, your friends, and your people. Please know this. 

With love, 
	Me.

The certified manifest reads

• PADD, Civilian model, unencrypted
  • a castle construction set (Lego basically) with instructions and background history
  • a basic clay pottery crafting set with duraclay, tools, and paint.
4 Likes

Ven inhales deeply as she paces back and forth in Docking bay 1 waiting for the ship from earth to arrive. Smoothing over her uniform she is greeted by a few officers and enlisted either returning to work or for the day or because they were taking part in the same program this year. She didn’t have time to converse with any though nor did anybody else, because the docking bay swung open, and out stepped several civilians all traveling to visit their respective Starfleet family members aboard Deep Space Thirteen for the Holidays following the war.
Ven cranes her neck looking left and right. She had read the girl’s file extensively before inviting her to spend the Christmas Eve with her and Loxton and even offered passage to anyone the girl trusted at the orphanage if she so desired. Even though she had the girl’s picture and knew what she looked like, the Lieutenant did not inquire what her friend looked like. She didn’t have long to wait though as a human woman standing about as tall as the Romulan and a small girl in a festive holiday dress begin to stroll up. Ven immediately recognized young Fiora from her file and waves her hand as they approach.
“Lieutenant Sovum?” The woman asks in a cautious manner
Ven smiles and inhales in a proud manner “Yes Mamn, Ven is just fine.” She replies before looking tot the girl “And you must be Miss Fiora.” She greets just as formally having remembered that most human children in her colony were essentially mini adults.
Fiora nods up and down looks around “This is so cool!” she replies looking around “Aer we going on a starship?” she asks curiously.
Both Ven and the woman laugh at that as Ven shakes her head. “Sadly no, the one I serve on was damaged recently and is in the dock being repaired, BUT we can go by and see it,” she replies warmly as the girl fists pump in excitement to that.
“Nice to meet you, Lieutenant, my name is Shelby Watkins,” The woman introduces herself holding out her right hand.
“Likewise Miss Watkins, I am honored that my request to meet Little Fiona was excepted. I have prepared a day of fun for Fiona and us which includes a tour of a medical bay, dinner, and finally some gifts,” she replies warmly

Miss Watkins bows her head. “I believe this will be quite fun for Little Fiona, let us proceed.”

Ven smiles warmly and motions both to follow as she leads them to the turbo lift, talking about Deep Space Thirteen and Argo the entire time.

OOC: I was going to make this way longer of a thing, in fact it was way longer until I accidentally deleted it last night. I know its shorter. But I want to thank @Katriel for the fun writing prompt.

1 Like