Coby's Random Uninteresting Dump

So this morning my train was delayed, it literally caught fire.

I mean, the heat set the train alight, England is not used to heat.

But anyway~! It meant I had an extra hour an a half sitting in an almost empty carriage with the most limiting of Wifi from the station platform. So, I opened STO and as I went to simply finished my DOff-ing I suddenly looked at the station with a random burst of "... I wanna' make a patch." - So, I kinda' did that <_< Again, I only wanted to share not because it's worth looking at, hell, I re sized it so it didn't show all the sketch lines :p - but because I actually enjoyed doodling it, and the Fleet Logo is pretty nifty, so, I wanted to shove that in somewhere <_< Annnnyway, for those who are actually artists, forgive me. I ran out of time as soon as I got to the detail colouring, so just rushed all of that with some block colours to allow my OCD the satisfaction of "FINISHED!".

Spoiler: Dooooodle~Show
2dtyfkn.jpg

The main reason I made this a thread, not just a simple LOOK WHAT I DID shout, is because there's some other things I'd like to share much later on, and just felt like starting with something far cruder so then in comparison they'll at least look better than what I've shown previously :d

Thanks for glancing, guys.

[EDIT] So I like.... went back over this sort of design, and looked at it thinking I could perhaps make some improvements, just for fun... so took another go at it.

Spoiler: Just for funShow
np2k38.jpg
2 Likes
Lookin Smexy Coby.
That's pretty sweet! The silhouetting was a good design choice! :d

Also oh my gosh trains on fire. No one hurt, I hope.
Yay! You made a doodle! Such a big boy! Now flush the toilet.

Just kidding, looks cool man!
Hallo again :anxious:

So I've recently begun just... test-sketching, if you'd call it that, a bunch of random things. In particular, I've been focusing on characters, bodies and clothing, mostly. I initially started this, just like the above patch thing, just on the train. But as I got more and more into it... it became apparent that I was starting to enjoy drawing once again... so went out on a whim and began to draw some of my own characters (Whether they turned out looking like them in your eyes... well :roll:) so began with Soa.

So it's cool, y'all can laugh, but... faces. I really, Really, REALLY struggle with them. And after lining through my sketch, I went ahead and coloured it without bothering with her face because... every attempt I made was... horrifically terrible, and compared to the drawing itself, you can tell how much I mean it. But with all of that aside, I'm still proud of my work, and really enjoyed practicing to get a somewhat female-ish shape, because I had this case of fem-man body when I was attempting to get her torso right.

LlX51uJ.jpgffGQouh.jpg

So then I went ahead... and kept practicing, while I have a bunch that failed even more so, I wanted to share some of my... less... failed ones in my eyes, and regardless of how they're viewed, I mostly wanted to share because I'm able to tell the improvements from a lot of my earlier work, and again, that's totally part of the process and enjoyment for me, which is why I've come back to the hobby after years. BUT SERIOUSLY. FACES. HOW DO YOU ALL DO THEM D:

So I then did Coby... and again, the face.... ;_; But I was also beginning to move on the clothing experiment I'd started with Soa', my own interpretation of what it might look like as an open jacket just as a brief design addition to make it unique, with Coby I went ahead and wanted to have the sleeves pushed up, have always wanted that as an option on the odyssey uniform since it's release, so... I finally got that wish, sort of >_> I think that's meant to be his undershirt, the sticky out sleeve from under the rolled up tunic... but... maybe not, I can't remember what I was going for, except for the fact I was visualizing O'Brien in DS9 when he'd have his undershirt showing past the sleeves, so that's what I believe I was going for, at least. .

Did I mention also hate frickin' hands? <_<

Spoiler: CobyShow
GTyAnCx.jpg

One night during some casual 'Crabshack RP, I was a little tired... and at the time Katriel had gone to grab tea... so I made an uber quick sketch, just the basics, and actually was like "Huh... okay..." but then it came to the faaaaace. And I was like "Urrrrrrrgh". But then in a frustrated I-hate-faces mood, I mocked up a couple until I reached this, where I was mildly satisfied with it. And then I showed it her, and she hated it. Told me to delete it and that she was going to block me from everything. She is yet to unblock I believe. (The slight uplift she gave me when I showed it, was super encouraging, and am grateful for all nice comments I get... but I hate sounding big headed, so I generally hate saying thank-you, because I get the feeling people are like "..omg, get this guy, tut." <_<)

So then a few weeks later, I re-took this image after failing to colour some others and just.. coloured it, trying my best to remove all the drawn-in lines.

Spoiler: KatrielShow
e3ZNBpt.jpg
RjC3yIq.jpg

... then she shouted at me because I was lazy and didn't change colour after colouring her hair to do her black eyes.

V1tY7CX.jpg

Then my most recent one, Soa' in her space suit during the October 1a/Pariah arc. I... admit this is the one I look at with a smile, when I look back over the older Soa's, especially the one above, I can tell I atleast made some improvement, and that's the best thing I could possibly hope to achieve from doing this, after sharing on my wall, just wanted to thank the nice comments. Again... I as rule hate the feeling I get when I say thankyou too much, so try not to say it too often... even if that seems rude, I don't mean it as such because I am amazingly super thankful for people simply looking over stuff, regardless of if they comment on anything. :)

1406331201_soa.jpg

Spoiler: Soa'Show
mncj4MC.jpg

Thank you so much for taking the time to read through and look at the images, if you did~! ^_^ I really appreciate the time simply taken to view this, let alone anything else. Please please PLEASE give me any tips on anything you're staring at like "Omg, wut a newb, he didn't even..." ... ... ... ... ESPECIALLY IF IT'S ON FACES.

Laters~! 👋
6 Likes
Looking good!

Also, let it be known, I will be imagining that picture of Kat whenever i get the ">_>" in chat, from now on.
1 Like
Good work!
Hallo~! :roll:

So I've really been liking the new uniform code-sheets, and I'd always had my heart set on designing one for myself even before the new ones from ThomasTheCat were uploaded. Initially I dabbled with a few of the old Sierra uniforms, actually, way back when I was trying to create a small edit of our uniform on one of the manikins on our station to the effect. Obviously... it failed pretty badly, and I just sort of forgot about the whole thing. But then with the recent addition made me all encouraged'like. So, I made a quick mock up of how I thought my own would look.

2u7yk2o.jpg

Figured I'd start off and just base it around the uniform I've been using universally on all my BOFF's across characters for some time now, and thought I'd just quickly share it here, and request any tips on what I can do for the final product. I mean honestly, I can already see quite a few things I need to tidy up and fix, but in case there's anything I've missed, would really appreciate perhaps some small feedback if you think there's anything major I should totally just... fixlikenao.

I then just did a quick test on a fleet one, using an obviously unofficial tactical variant:

nmr4iXe.jpg

Asssss~ usual, thanks for taking the time to view, guys :)
3 Likes
I dig it, but only on the condition that you give us the PSD file so we can steal/admire it.

Just kidding, it's crazy rad.
So I've missed a bunch of these posts.. And by most I mean all of them after the train fire, so I felt compelled to say these are good! You have a good grasp of form- Coby's hand is particularly impressive! As a likewise doodler, the only thing I'd recommend is blocking out human scale in basic shapes before adding the detail work.

I look forward to more! /subscribe
I am I horrible artist..for the most part..I can draw like a tree..maybe a blade of grass without wanting to eat the pencil, however I know one piece of drawing advice.

Draw hands like this..over and over and over. According to some friends who are quite skilled, the amount of time they draw this hand pose is bonkers, but it really helps.

7VV8ESm.jpg

To the artwork though I love it! Looking forward to see what else you come up with!
1 Like
"Te lo dije, sólo con excepción de dólares"

Spoiler: I was eating a burrito at the timeShow
IHigrIK.jpg

El MACO's Kermit and NoFace work out alternate payment during the night shift.

While everyone else is off fighting the Voth Fortress ship, the reserve MACO's have quite the danger themselves.
6 Likes
Anyone who has known me for a while now, or even just a little bit, y'all might know one of the only things in this game I've ever truly wanted was the open jacket version of the Odyssey tunic. Now going with the newest information around the new variants, it was totally said that it'd "make sense" to do an open version of the Odyssey Dress jacket, with the possibility of that extending to the other variations of the uniform. While I can't say I really care for an open flap hanging loose, it's still an option. However, I'm far more in love with the current open style seen on the majority of the Sierra and that... other starting costume that has a name that completely eludes me. That style is just a little zip-down portion from the collar, which on males reveals a nice little TNG under sweater top - though if you're a female, you don't get anything visible (though using a concept image that I can't find.... the idea is there's a tank top under there, just... not visible so it looks like they're bare chested. Which... while I know it appeals to some, I'd like the option for my rather stoic doctor to look more relaxed and not trying to seduce Captain Picard while under the affects of intoxication on the bridge of the Enterprise.)

With that said, you then have the TNG/DS9 uniform open styles, which in my opinion aren't quite... what I like too much, however looking at the layout of the odyssey uniform, and it's almost modular portions and split... I can almost see this option being applied to the standard and tactical version. With this, it too reveals the under sweater. In our current collars, basing around the collar, I'd love for there to be an updated odyssey under sweater that's perhaps a little more lined, to match the design, perhaps even with it's own stripe of sorts - just as the current TNG one is something that doesn't quite look like it'd be worn with a number of the various neck portions of most uniforms. Hell, I'd even super love some for of under-waist coat.

After spending the early hours sitting idle and being pretty bored while there was like.. two maybe three others on, I just opened Photoshop - something I'm trying not to do because... I almost get addicted to it ¬_¬ and stuff - and pulled up an old image... or... a couple of weeks old image of Coby, and then took a few of the under sweater, and the TNG open tunics... and as you can probably guess, started to muck around with them. I came up with this super rough mock of what I'd figure something like it would somewhat represent.

I attempted various times to try to replicate the somewhat-zipped look, but... just couldn't get anything I was happy with.

Just thought I'd share, as usual.

[EDIT] Added Soa' in, this is the only version of the somewhat-zipped down version that I could make and was happy with it... I also gave her some rolled up sleeves because... that would be so awesome, and it was a look that was featured in the show, mostly DS9, and totally gives that look of badass-I'm-working-here.

Spoiler: Show
1407838457_Cobysos.jpg
6 Likes
That looks very cool.
So I... have failed to break my Photoshop addiction. I mean, I was doing so well. Like... atleast a week ... almost. Okay, so 5 days without doing anything serious >_> Mildly serious. Without saving. But Star Trek Online is just so... photoshopable, if that makes sense to any of you? With anything set in such a massive canon universe, there's always going to be things you can't replicate or do with the vast amount of things you actually CAN do. Clothing, poses and environments are often the main things I find I want to change, or add to. Or rather if you're like me and continue to find sneaky tools that make things super easy you then can't stop learning and learning, I think that's whats fueling my addiction to be honest. The fact I always find something new, and then my brains like ".... oh, you could totally do this idea now." then while working on that, I find something else. It's one of the joys of self-teaching I think, but sucks for you guys who get slap-spammed with a bunch of images every few days.

Spoiler: For example, landed shuttle dioramasShow
YTO3lYp.jpg

Made this in a rough 15-20 minutes the other day, shared around a few places already, and got some feedback from the small number of you who were around when I asked for the help, hope it's come out slightly better than the one I showed you before~! Again, thanks for taking the time to reply to that, guys, tried my best to work with the whole dust stuff... and shadow, buuuuuuuut. Well, you can tell I found it harder than I thought it would be to fix the things a little better ;_; With that said, I ALWAYS complain about the entries to the Monthly Screen Shot Competition, and while I always plan obviously amazingly super cool ideas for a shot, I kinda' just decide to not bother. Though this time, I at least began to pile some things together on the topic of "On Screen". Though... again, halfway through I decided to just not bother, and gave up. So instead began making just some of my own screenshots/wallpapers. And I'm not amazingly happy with them, but what's the point having an art thread if I don't bother sharing them anyway?

Not meaning to clog up your recent threads or anything, just say if y'all don't want to see MORE work >_> I swear I'm trying to cut down.

VwQFZad.jpg
Om3YLer.jpg

Because this post totally needed some kind of Pariah setting-drop.

Have been working a number of sketches of ships, characters and even starbases. So once I'm happy with them, perhaps that'll let me escape Photoshop for a bit and like... work with some other materials, too. As always guys, thanks for taking the time to view my stuffs! I hope you know I exceptionally appreciate it.
5 Likes
I support this deluge of cool pictures.
2 Likes
I like your pictures! I don't have the skills to do stuff like that, so it's neat to see.
Moar slap-spam plx.
1 Like
Loving your work so far. Keep smiling.
1 Like
So, thanks for the nice comments guys, I reaaally appreciate it, and I know I said I have weird feelings towards how I think people view me saying "Thanks" ... I totally can' stop, because, you guys so nice ^_^ But I swear, this'll be the last one for a while unless something exceptionally awesome comes up that I can't not sketch/doodle/draw/photoshop/whatever as I'm totally needing to focus on some other stuffs at the moment, so, my attention wont have time to get stuck and addicted to much, I hope :|

I... was initially working on this about a year ago :| Then... stopped, and just let it sit there on my PC until this morning. After looking at the resolution, I decided I could totally grab better quality figures and a shuttle, so~ I went and did that, and then just slotted them under a noise filter which.... meh, it's MEANT to be dark and rainy, just so so-and-so doesn't moan, but like... stil not happy with how it came out, didn't bother with adding droplets/pudles just because I didn't think it needed it. Initially this was going to be a small story to explain a long LOA I was going to take, but... then Skyler went ahead and was like "Yo', there's this thing I think you should look at and take up." So then I did that, so, the idea was dropped, and so there was no need for the picture.

msjGsHo.jpg

Initially it was Coby infront, with old-BOFF Athini in the background, but... I decided with her being all space ship-y and all over the place now, might make more sense for her to be landing on unexplored jungles. And of course, the Doctor - Emozoe Lagota, and the Klingon - Klak'Ton in the background filled a nice gap... also where... I mucked up and needed to cover it with something.

Merhf~! Was satisfying to finish this, actually. Was nice for something to like... be my conclusive thing away from the program. hope you like it :anxious:

Because Copyright naughtiness, maybe, slightly.
5 Likes