Coby's Random Uninteresting Dump

That...is beautiful. I love it.
Hallo~! So this time I've got something a little different. Newp, that's right, no Photoshop/drawing spam this time! This project was something I started... a good year ago now. Was just a bit of fun, and shared it with like... two people at most. One of 'em was all "Oh, should totally continue this." So I did. Even after all their super harsh criticism, I powered through and retook a bunch of shots and... just placed some stuff together. This is all that remains of that project, I cancelled work on it... three/four months ago, for a number of reasons, but those I showed it too probably even forgot I was working on it~! The main reason being, it was a lot of effort to get the shots, and a lot of them were older than others, and looked jumbled in quality. And then with the new uniform update that came, all the clips I had on stand-by were like... well, wasn't prepared to use them, so they got deleted.

Initially, in earlier drafts and all that... used the winner of the Argo theme contest as the soundtrack, but after a debate, it was decided it'd be best if I found something just a little more... Hmm, more powerful? Not that I dislike the voted for winner, just didn't quite suit the clips I had, and the style. I was then given the opportunity to listen to a piece by a friend of a friend, and friend to the fleet, just don't want to mention any names in case they don't A) want to be mentioned B) don't want the music in the video made public-ish, so if there's a problem, please, let me know ASAP, it's totally cool. I'll just shove this file back and replace it with Baba O'Riley or something, it still lets me show you guys the video, no matter the sound ^_^

Remember, this is like... still just a super-draft of what I was planning, so is choppy, bleak and a little dull. Towards the ends there's some space-sheeeep footage, though, so maybe if you wanna' skip to that, like 2/3's of the way in.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate you as always taking the time to read, and if you watched, watching!

http://vimeo.com/94047099

Spoiler: Allllllllllllllllllso. Been a while since a pony has been present in any of my postsShow
motherly_rainbow_dash_by_ponyvector-d53599q.png

[EDIT] Thankyooooou so much you guys, means a lot, like so much, seriously c:
12 Likes
There needs to be a button that's like kudos times 88.

This is so cool, Coby. Thatendingissoominousandboss.

MOAR. MOAR FOREVER
Coby. Coby. Coby.... Coby.
<Grabby hands>
Why are you such a beautiful human being blessed with those hands that produce such wonderful things.
Hah, I was wondering why nothing ever showed up in the screenshots thread after you had us all gather that day in the shuttlebay. Very impressive, Coby.
Coby. This is absolutely tremendous and wonderful.
Epic Coby, absolutely epic. Makes me jealous that my graphics card can't make it look that good!
I love it. Also, this would seem to be appropriate:

t_247541dfd55cd66d521c974da7482e88.jpg
2 Likes
Just for the record Coby, the amount of kudos on that last post is enough to break the mobile version of Enjin. So congrats! Also, awesome stuff as always. Looking forward to MOAR!
1 Like
Hmmf~ Just... something super quick, haven't been feeling all that great recently, been a bit ill and stuffs... but today I was super bored, and was like... I WANNA DRAW MY WOW SOA. Who, incidentally, isn't really Soa'... but if I were to ever RP them, they would totally be my grumpy doctor, only like... more Deathy... and Knighty. Basically, I sketched by Draenei Death Knight Zanthenae, who's, as I just said, my WoW Soa'. I was hoping to just try some new things with it, but... ultimately, just went with a lined messy sketch, and didn't bother rubbing anything minor out, such as the excess scribbles as a few people said not to bother with, so, there. I kinda' like it, actually. Not super happy, but happy with it none the less.

... ... ... I had this idea for a diorama of my characters across multiple games standing laughing, grumping and looking concerned over eachother, and would still like to attempt that, but for the moment I shoved in a place holder Soa-Soa... which, well, it's Half 1, I'm super tired and just chucked her in there in a quick ten minutes >_> Really... lost my drive, and compared to WoW models... STO is so plain :roll:

Spoiler: I can't zoo zat yetShow
VvlsHW3.jpg

Thanks for peaking at it regardless of it's crudeness guys, as always, appreciate the time looking alone.
6 Likes
Been doing some super heavy thinking the past few days. A lot of it made me go back and look at my characters, who at the time Coby was the only one I'd PC'd for some time in STO. I'd RP'd Soa' before, and the idea for Athini was always an NPC for Coby, so when I needed a ship person she was easy to implement. But I was specifically looking at Coby, how I RP'd him before as a Commander with a few friends and then the jump to an actual RP guild. Having him bumped to Captain for it too which lead me to some issues trying to think of a way to have him at Captain, and at how long he'd actually been one. But Quaen kinda' helped me with that slightly and I was surprised that she was okay with how I planned to have Coby's back story.

Was then focused on exactly how I/he joined Argo, and all that stuffs.

Spoiler: Press X to JasonShow
pfCSHjx.jpg

WHICH THEN lead me to being focused on his looks/style. Like, Coby used to be pretty arrogant before his promotion, and then he sorted his hair out a bit and became more casual'd up, and like... less serious with his arrogance. Then got himself all trimmed and then found his way to Argo. Maaaaaan. Sierra ;_; Red Sierra and the option to have it open... ;______; then green came along and I was like, okay >_> That looks kinda' cool. Maybe I'll... use that for as long as I can instead. Think I've gotten more than it's worth out of it, so I'm glad.

Currently... my characters are all either one extreme or the other, except Coby. He's a little neutral.

Athini don't give a fudge about anything, and is probably one more collision-course-flank-speed away from losing her commission. But ultimately she will get the job done and doesn't care for all the other stuff, as long as no-one gets hurt and it goes her way. Soa's like, well... Soa' doesn't really care either. Like, perhaps even less fudge giving than Athini. But does value her position and is actually smart about it. Though instead of barging into a conversation, she's super introvert and strict. Which is slightly ironic considering I made Soa' to be my Social character as it's hardly ... stuff.... to have Coby going to the bar every day with Ensigns and Lieutenants. JUST MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE ON THINGS, GAIZ.

And then Coby does give a flying spaceship, but only about uber important things. He'd probably lose his post if everything he let slip actually went through. But at least he does know discipline when it's needed. Like I super loved Katriel's updated-eval comment on him and his command style, because while I wasn't openly conveying that to her... that is what I've always gone for, which is nice.

Don't steal shuttles, though, 'kay? He doesn't like that.

Or MACO all up in his face and be like "u need us 2 fite 4 u, lol" -- :cough:

Thanks for reading/peaking~! Appreciate it as always ^_^

.... Oh.
Spoiler: And there was this, I guessShow
1412285028_Tag-Teaming.jpg

Spoiler: And thisShow
f2tzl.jpg
11 Likes
Spoiler: >_> Is there actually a limit on costumes, orShow
xV7RV1o.png

Photoshopped so it all fit in one box.
5 Likes
...bomber jacket?

Actually, really: Could you just put all of those costumes in a zip file and upload them? That'd be a crazy useful resource.
Just as a note if you're reading any of these for the first time, this isn't so much an art thread, I know it all sucks. I use this more as an exploration area for me and my characters. A lot of the posts I put random crap in because it helps me learn and understand more about the characters I've created and portray. So please, just bare that in mind and don't think I'm all "Omg yeah guys look at this thing I did it's so cool lololol." or anything, because... well! I'm... not like that :)

Also... for anyone who reads my little story things, you've probably caught onto the trend I like adding a little banner on the top featuring something remotely related to the story. When I'm feeling lazy I'll just add a picture of Coby's ship or the station, or something. But when I'm in the mood I totally take to Photoshop and mock up a quick thing. Recently I've been revisiting Coby's character and have really been ironing out details that... have bugged me for ... well. since before I even joined Argo, and finally settled an okay-ish career history for him. And with that I wanted to visit his past with a few mini-stories of their own.

Spoiler: This picture inspired me to revisit his visual recordsShow
pfCSHjx.jpg

One of the one's I hope to touch on is his time spent on K-7, and for that I decided I'd need to get some photo'shopping done just to set the mood because... my writing sucks and I always fail to set the mood properly :p BUT HEY. SUCKS FOR YOU. I just... wanted to post something in here because I probably wont get around to doing anything with this, and didn't want the last 30 minutes to just be a waste as I do that /waaaaay/ too much with personal projects.

Then I was like ... pffft nah, this is not something that needs to be shared. BUT THEN.... I totally caught a random screenshot of Coby, and frankly the pose was perfect for what I wanted... and then I was like... oh dang, okay :Lobs random blood picture over top: and then I was like "Hmm, okay."

Spoiler: All broody likeShow
2sBsaZD.jpg

I mean, I thought it was effective <_< anyway. The majority of the... crimson liquid on his tunic isn't his.

Spoiler: Tiny spots of blood, but a very simple headerShow
A1vx7Rf.jpg
5 Likes
Spoiler: Early ... ew, versionShow
nmr4iXe.jpg

DIST9ZJ.png
0H5EZBn.png

I MEAN, JUST IN CASE THE CANON UNIFORMS WIN THE VOTE

Spoiler: Hmmmmmm. Ripped off from Thomasthecats stuffShow
Spoiler: Commanding OfficerShow
Odyssey_Commanding_Officer_Service.png
Spoiler: Standard OfficerShow
Odyssey_Officer_Service.png

Spoiler: ALSO STOLE Kermits AWESOME fleet patch from the setting tab '<_< sorrehShow
PIf7AEp.png
7 Likes
Just some messing about, really. I've wanted to revist and come up with an odyssey version of this and in the current standard colours, just because I think a jacket variant stands as a nicer stand-out than just having bright white shoulders. I've always like the double breasted look, but not sure I like the style with the ody's lines. I made an attempt a couple of years ago, with the old uniform scheme. I was super lazy and just used in-game models, didn't really edit them or add my own flavour, just cut them out and played around with them, with just some minor texture work I guess? But not really. Anyway, it's the sort of thing that I have Coby wear in my head canon, so like... all off-screen stuff :roll:

Spoiler: Attempt 1, couple of years agoShow
2877821.jpg

Spoiler: Updated attemptedShow
UBSuitu.png

[EDIT] Just because.

Spoiler: Old Group ShotShow
October_Group_shot_Merge.png

Spoiler: Updated Group ShotShow
LJ9Szad.png
10 Likes
You and your bomber jackets, hah.
Cool stuff.
Fiiiiiirstly, Keelah, I hate you. Because if there's one thing I love doing, it's making random character sheets for my characters. I haven't done one properly in a while, actually. And while this isn't strictly a character sheet, I couldn't help but dig in >_> I really like the format you created, and again, thanks for letting me use it. I hope you don't take any offense with what I did with it. As as side note, all I've done here is trace the outlines in the mentioned post, no creativity on my part at all here. Completely stolen!

I reaaaaally, for whatever super odd reason, like the style of Cryptics/STO's Arc site's LCARS display. Quite simple and basic, round and with... well, flat colours. Now I do love the LCARs colours, but keeping with my OCD and already ongoing... slight attempt into the STO Site's design... here, here 'n here <___< (I mean of course cryptic have now changed their format yet again and are going for something away from the LCARS-is style with their new fancy click-able pictures, but the faint outline is still there atleast)

Spoiler: With Keelah's super cool PADD Glass, and withoutShow
HECL5TF.png
JR8uDZ2.png

Single Tests, standard/admiral ranks:
Spoiler: Show
NfuIJlg.png
toV0y7R.png
aqOUVVA.png
dMDctBz.png

There's a lot more I could probably do with it, make it more LCARS-y like this! Buuut, this was just a bit of fun to pass the time, and don't have any real use for it. But again Keelah, super thanks for letting me post this!
3 Likes
It looks sharp! And I might have to steal the rank icons, they're a great little touch :d
Spoiler: Tiny old screenshot dump, going through random screenshot folders, just clearing upShow
55IkSsX.png
06wLOkA.png
WkEn3tW.png
kjehbv6.pngSTILL experimenting with my different unique coats ;) Tried to make a more natural one-hand-in-pocket stance on Coby here.
8 Likes