Stardate 95027.6
Security Level 1: Open
TO RDML Konieczko
CC --
FROM CAPT Caspius
SUBJ. Fleet Administration
4OB3P0J.png

Commodore Konieczko,

I have just seen the news of Admiral Perim's retirement on subspace, and I expect that you were watching the broadcast yourself. Doubtless, you have strong feelings on this matter. I know that you were not altogether in agreement with the Admiral's orders regarding my return to duty, promotion, and assignment. And, as you are now in active command of the fleet, I would understand if you chose to rescind those orders.

However, if you prefer to let those orders stand, I shall undertake to appoint your former yeoman, LT Cullum, as my acting executive officer of Deep Space 13, until completion of the major rebuilding and reoccupation process is completed. I understand that he has been the senior officer on station, and unless you or he object, I would like him to continue in that role for the duration of major repair operations. I believe that what is needed--especially in the wake of the recent broadcast--is stability.

Secondly, I also offer a suggestion, although it may be beyond your operational authority to implement. I hope that, when it comes to considering candidates for the position of Fleet Executive Officer, if that choice is yours to make, that you will consider Captain Thiessen. He knows the fleet personnel as well or better than anyone else, and he has unquestionable command experience and credentials. I have repeatedly recommended him for promotion and advancement not out of any sense of personal loyalty, but because logic dictates that I should ensure that his considerable accomplishments are recognised. I hope that, whatever choice you make, you will be aware of his indisputable qualifications.

I am at your disposal if you wish to speak to me on this, or any other, topic.

//SIGNED//
Captain Caspius
Starbase Commander, Deep Space 13
8 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 95029.7
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CAPT. Caspius
CC --
FROM RDML Konieczko, D.

SUBJ RE: Fleet Administration
AKas0II.png

Captain,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. At this time I have no intention of rescinding the order issued by Vice Admiral Perim. Further, despite my protest which I hope you understand; I meant what I said about there potentially being no finer candidate for your position. Had the appointment been timed differently you would have seen my immediate favor.

Concerning Lieutenant Cullum, to my knowledge he was not the ranking officer aboard the station. He was sent to establish a command post and act in the intermediary as a liaison between fleet command and the operations underway there in the Vice Admiral's absence. While he does have command training, he has little practical command experience. If you feel he is a suitable candidate I'm sure he would appreciate the experience. Otherwise I could stand to use him here as my increased workload may be lasting longer than I had expected.

Your recommendation and request for consideration of Captain Thiessen to serve as an acting executive officer to the fleet is noted at this time. I do appreciate you doing so.

//SIGNED//
Rear Admiral Dmitri Konieczko
Acting Commanding Officer
38th Fleet 'Argo'

((edit: corrected SD. Even had it on my clipboard still.
Also appropriate title>.>))
5 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 95030.0
TO RDML Konieczko
CC --
FROM CAPT Caspius
4OB3P0J.png

Commodore Konieczko,

I entirely understand your reservations. Do not worry, sir: I do not have any feelings to bruise. Your objections were logical, and it is the duty of an executive officer to offer them. Were I in your position, I would have done likewise.

Because of the speed of my transfer, and the Akagi's haste is delivering me to the station, I did not have time to finish my appraisal of crew rotations and personnel at Deep Space 13. Upon arrival, I have acquainted myself fully with the situation, and learned what you have related regarding LT Cullum. Given that your position is likely to be a difficult one for the foreseeable future, I believe LT Cullum would be of best use to the fleet if he is able to assist you. You will require an aide, at the very least. At this time, having an aide with whom you have experience is more important than the assistance that LT Cullum could provide to me on the station.

With that said, I will soon need an acting executive officer, although the matter is not urgent. When he has been cleared from medical leave, I request the assignment of LCDR James Kermit. As between you and LT Cullum, I am familiar with LCDR Kermit's way of working, as such, and would beneft from a degree of stability myself.

Briefly and on a related topic: in addition to the AARs being filed as a result of progress, I will begin sending your weekly progress summaries and requests for pesonnel and materiale if needed.

//SIGNED//
Captain Caspius
4 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 95030
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CAPT. Caspius
CC --
FROM RDML Konieczko, D.

SUBJ RE: Fleet Administration
AKas0II.png

Captain,

I will be recalling Lieutenant Cullum to rejoin me here at Deep Space K-7.

I invite you to make sure you're up to date on your current crew status before you do anything. Many were transferred to other postings and Deep Space 13 no longer has the crew compliment of 35,000 you may be used to. Non-essential civilians were also relocated either temporarily or permanently.

If and when LCDR. Kermit is cleared for service, and you still have the desire to appoint him so you will need to do so over Commander Hanson. If Lieutenant Commander Kermit is cleared and you do not have the desire to replace him then he will return to his post replacing the acting Lieutenant Commander Sakkhet.

//SIGNED//
Rear Admiral Dmitri Konieczko
Acting Commanding Officer
38th Fleet 'Argo'

//ATTACHMENT// ds13crewassignmentorders.comm

((edit. The correct link.))
3 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 95030.2
TO RDML Konieczko
CC --
FROM CAPT Caspius
4OB3P0J.png

Commodore Konieczko,

I regret if I have been the cause for misunderstanding. Upon my arrival at Deep Space 13, I completed my review of the current personnel situation and am fully up-to-date.

I understand that my request for assignment of LCDR James Kermit to DS-13 as acting executive officer would advance him over CMDR Hanson, when and if he becomes available. The decision is not as unorthodox as it seems. CMDR Hanson's expertise will be more useful to me at the head of our Operations department. LCDR Kermit will be primarily responsible for crew assignments, and liasing with departments in that capacity. As we begin to take on large numbers of people, I will need more than a yeoman to handle the logistics of the situation.

Once the starbase is restored to normal operations, I will reconsider all crew assignments based on long-term, rather than repair, procedures. At that time, I will conduct interviews and make appointments for all senior officer positions.

//SIGNED//
Captain Caspius
3 Likes